Disfunction Junction, What's Your Function, House Republicans? Embarrassment To The Nation

51 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Someone always feels this way, Tibs.  If he makes it, let it settle for a bit.  Maybe you’ll be presently surprised and he’ll lead from the middle, even if slightly to the right.  

It attempted to unddermine the Constitution in a real a and big way. I get that's what his constituents wants but not the majority of Americans, who are good people 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It attempted to unddermine the Constitution in a real an and big way. I get that's what his constituents wants but not the majority of Americans, who are good people 

You need to look in a mirror, Tibsy.  I know you thought it was hunky dory when you voted for people who claimed our ejections were not free, nor fair, nor legitimate, but what followed was near political certainty.

In the end, one party of illegitimate elections  was swapped for the other.  You and the rest of the far left just got the party started. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yes, you’re closed minded.  Thank you.  If some day, you decide to look beyond the end of your own nose, there’s a whole lot out there for you to see.  

giphy.gif

The guy who lacks the testicular fortitude to call out the simple fact that Trump's Middle East Peace Czar scoring a $2BILLION DOLLAR gift for his startup has the AUDACTIY to say: look beyond your own nose.

You can't make this up ladies and gents.

giphy.gif

• Eyeroll 1

• Tiberius changed the title to Gym Jordon Falls Short

You realize that was the first vote, right ?

LOL!

Jordan failed to secure enough support in the first round of votes to secure the speakership.

Remember that Kevin McCarthy took 15 rounds to become speaker in January.

17 mins ago

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rep. Carlos A. Gimenez (R-Fla.), who voted for Rep. Kevin McCarthy over Rep. Jim Jordan, told reporters that he expected at least seven Republicans to vote against Jordan but that he didn’t know what the upper boundary was.

He blamed Jordan’s hardball tactics while lobbying holdouts for costing him votes. “His tactics certainly didn’t work on me,” Gimenez said. “Actually, I became more cemented in my position.”

“He should have probably left me to my own devices to get there,” he added. “Now by being threatened, by being pushed — I’m Hispanic. I’m a Cuban. You just don’t do that to us.”

Former Democratic leader Steny Hoyer (Md.) said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) made moderates take a very bad vote in his losing bid for speaker. “They are going to rue that vote,” Hoyer said. The Democrats’ campaign apparatus plans to tie swing-district Republicans to Jordan, a hard-right election denier.

• Eyeroll 1

GOP Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado, who helped to kill Rep. Jim Jordan's first bid for speaker Tuesday by casting his vote for Rep. Tom Emmer, called the House speaker position the "worst job in America."

"I don't like Tom Emmer, I figured this would be the worst job in America, Mike Rowe wouldn't want to do this for his TV show. This is a terrible job," Buck told CNN's Dana Bash, referring to the host of the show "Dirty Jobs."

Buck, who also voted to oust former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy earlier this month, said he was not surprised 20 Republicans did not vote for Jordan.

He added that "if we get a second vote, Jim is going to lose some votes that he got on the first vote and he's going to gain some votes. But I anticipate that the vote will still be in that 15 to 25 range."

Buck himself said there is "no way" he will cast his vote for Jordan. He said the House may need to find a bipartisan resolution like voting to extend temporary House Speaker Patrick McHenry's ability to bring legislation onto the floor.

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Senate GOP warms to idea of Speaker Jordan
The Hill ^ | 10/17/23 | Alexander Bolton

Senate Republicans embarrassed by the prolonged stalemate in the House over electing a new Speaker are warming up to the idea of Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) taking the job. 

Jordan has long been regarded in Washington as one of the most hard-line conservatives in Congress. He founded the House Freedom Caucus and played a leading role in challenging President Biden’s 2020 election victory.

But Senate Republicans who were pulling for former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to hang onto his job and then quietly rooted for House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.) to wield the Speaker’s gavel are now willing to give Jordan the “benefit of the doubt.”

Senators say the leadership vacuum in the House is a major problem that needs to get solved as soon as possible, and they worry that if Jordan can’t marshal a majority vote on the House floor, the impasse could last for days if not weeks longer.

“We just need effective leadership. We can’t have this nonsense of a handful of people questioning a Speaker every time we have to deal with difficult subjects, and we have a lot to deal with,” Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C. said). “I hope that Jim’s up to the task.”

Tillis and other senators think that Jordan has “evolved” since his earlier days of tormenting GOP leaders and helping chase former Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) from power. Boehner once called members of the Freedom Caucus, which Jordan once led, a bunch of “legislative terrorists.”

(Excerpt) Read more at https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4259370-senate-gop-warms-to-idea-of-speaker-jordan/

The swamp doesn’t like to be shaken up…🤣🤣🤣

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif

The guy who lacks the testicular fortitude to call out the simple fact that Trump's Middle East Peace Czar scoring a $2BILLION DOLLAR gift for his startup has the AUDACTIY to say: look beyond your own nose.

You can't make this up ladies and gents.

giphy.gif

Again with the testicles.  What’s that all about? 

Anyway, no need to be dishonest here, I responded to your initial inquiry about Kushner, the Saudi’s and our US government’s deep and abiding partnership  with the Saudis.  What else is there to say?  

https://www.state.gov/united-states-saudi-arabia-relationship-eight-decades-of-partnership/

When you’re all busted up and protesting JKush, are you upset about 3M, IBM, Boeing and the Holiday Inn?  

https://www.the-saudi.net/business-center/links-usa.htm

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

image.png.b183cdb5897342049befdcfcbe9c1206.png

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, with the full backing of the Democratic party, won 212 votes, more than the 200 cast for GOP Rep. Jim Jordan — but that doesn't mean Jeffries wins the gavel.

Election denier Jeffries, Tibsy.   Pay attention…

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rnc-blasts-election-denier-hakeem-jeffries-moments-he-wins-democrat-leadership

• Like (+1) 1