Time to give Tre his flowers (Week 3 Performance)

Slippery Rubber Mats

6 hours ago, BBFL said:

Not taking anything away from Tre, he played great, but Sam Howell ain’t exactly the best choice for a starter in this league. Decent guys running routes but it helps if the guy throwing the football doesn’t hold onto it for an absurd amount of time on each designed passing play. 

Actually most of the all-22 analysis I've seen this week shows that a lot of our sacks were coverage sacks, and not just a result of Howell needlessly holding the ball. We were not typically getting into the backfield right away, we were keeping tight coverage which allowed the pass rushers to slowly suffocate the pocket. Our back 7 was just as responsible as our front 4 for that insane pass rush production IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’ll hold off on praising Tre until next week. He’s got problems coming his way this week.

Go for it dude.  Also ignore that every time a QB sees Benford 1-1 against a WR he immediately targets that receiver.  It happened against Washington for.a big gain and Jimmy G immediately targeted and missed Adams while he was open.  But by all means keep ragging on Tre and propping up Benford, because…..agenda.

• Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Go for it dude.  Also ignore that every time a QB sees Benford 1-1 against a WR he immediately targets that receiver.  It happened against Washington for.a big gain and Jimmy G immediately targeted and missed Adams while he was open.  But by all means keep ragging on Tre and propping up Benford, because…..agenda.

lol what? No one is ragging on Tre or propping anyone.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn’t say anything negative.

OP: Posts about Tre’s very positive stats

You: Could have left it alone but instead pronounced that you would hold off praising him.  Also implied he will have a rough game this week.

Also you: I didn’t say anything negative.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

OP: Posts about Tre’s very positive stats

You: Could have left it alone but instead pronounced that you would hold off praising him.  Also implied he will have a rough game this week.

Also you: I didn’t say anything negative.

No you’re implying. I said he hasn’t been challenged yet and problems, as in Tyreek Hill and Waddle, are coming next week.

If you want that to be negative then so be it. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No you’re implying. I said he hasn’t been challenged yet and problems, as in Tyreek Hill and Waddle, are coming next week.

If you want that to be negative then so be it. 

No. You said nothing about challenges.   All you said that you would withhold any praise for him.  Clearly that’s not a positive spin.  If you wanted to be neutral a good way would have been to ignore the thread.  But Eeyores gonna Eeyore I suppose.

2 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

He’s been right on his man even when it’s a completion. He’s looking good imo 

Saw a stat today that Benford and Taron Johnson have had some of the tightest coverage in the league. White has been decent as well.

Confusing graph with negative separation but right side of graph is good.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

wth

Ive done that 100x what is this

On 9/26/2023 at 7:28 PM, Motorin' said:

Idk man, I just got it to work in your original post when I quoted it. 

Yeah, it never works for me either. I'm always accessing TBD from my phone, so maybe that is the issue? Or maybe it is just my phone/browser. Not sure.

Edited by MJS

8 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah, it never works for me either. I'm always accessing TBD from my phone, so maybe that is the issue? Or maybe it is just my phone/browser. Not sure.

idk I'm on a browser, have a master's degree in cs, under 70 years of age, and completely baffled by how to embed a twitter link on my favorite forum. I'm taking a hard look at where I'm at in life right now because of this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.