Hypothetically… Brian Daboll gets the boot….

The 9 Isles

What would you do if you could pull the lever AND Daboll would want to come back…  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What offensive coordinator would you prefer?

• No doubt…. Bring back Daboll
    • Nah…ride or die with Dorsey

Never loved Daboll as a coordinator, but Josh's lack of discipline since he left, made me think twice about that. We'll see how that looks the rest of this season. If Josh can be disciplined without him, there isn't much use for him, short of dorsey getting a hc spot. What the Bills have done the last few weeks feels similar to 2020 and 2021 buffalo. Maybe Dorsey is catching his stride. 

In my eyes, Daboll could be great when he was rolling, but what I thought he lacked was the ability to turn things around when the opposing defense had their number. I just didn't see the adjustments. I don't know if Dorsey will be an adjustments guy either. time will tell.  Or maybe im way off on that. It's just the feeling i had during the best of times for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

In my eyes, Daboll could be great when he was rolling, but what I thought he lacked was the ability to turn things around when the opposing defense had their number. I just didn't see the adjustments. I don't know if Dorsey will be an adjustments guy either. time will tell.  Or maybe im way off on that. It's just the feeling i had during the best of times for us. 

That adjustment thing is it. Especially against frequent opponents or a top end defensive team/coordinator. 

If week one is anything to go by we should hope there’s reflection on making that a top priority at half time’s if we are coming up short. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They themselves were a playoff team last year and they beat a playoff team last year though.  If ‘oh we’re playing a lot of playoff teams early’ is a valid excuse there’s major problems 

I’d excuse getting stomped by the cowboys but sneaking by the cardinals and getting blown out by the Seahawks is rough 

Except…Dallas, San Francisco, buffalo are viewed by many as final 4 teams in the league so many predictions woukd say these are games you chalk up as possible loses. Many 

ikely would have an expected record of 2-4 to start the season.

looking deeper at the games….SF was 20-12 late 3rd quarter.

seattlr it could have been a late 3rd ons score deficit if the 100 yd pick 6 wasn’t thrown.  Seattle had another red zone turnover getting them another 7 pts.

what it means is the margins on win/ loss isn’t much. Talk to Minnesota who lost 3 games by 3,4, and 6 pts.

don’t be shocked to see them with 6 or 7 wins snd innWC hunt after week 14.  But of course msny teams after a 1-5 start could say f it and check out for the season leading to a 4 or 5 win season.

On 9/25/2023 at 7:41 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

If Dorsey doesn't evolve over the season, you definitely bring back Daboll or just fire Dorsey and hire someone else.  

While there have been some good things has done the past 2 weeks, there are still too many debacles like throwing it on 4th and inches when your QB is Josh Allen and him sneaking the ball on 4th and inches is without question going to have the highest success rate by a mile over any other play they can call.

There zero chance that Daboll gets fired.  He inherited the mess left by Dave Gettleman/Joe Judge and won a playoff game.  He’s earned the trust of the org and probably prepped them for a step back like the Bills in 2018.  It’s going to take atleast two years before Daboll’s job is in jeopardy

42 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

There zero chance that Daboll gets fired.  He inherited the mess left by Dave Gettleman/Joe Judge and won a playoff game.  He’s earned the trust of the org and probably prepped them for a step back like the Bills in 2018.  It’s going to take atleast two years before Daboll’s job is in jeopardy

I didnt say he was.  Thread is titled "hypothetically" by the OP

Edited by Alphadawg7

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.