Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey, wife charged with bribery

ChiGoose

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Jesus. Some people will fall for anything, huh?

This guy has a long history of corruption and they caught him with literal gold bars and googling about his newly acquired gold bars. But no, it has to be some deep state conspiracy because it’s always, always, always feelings over facts for the right. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I support the prosecution of this guy if there is legitimate evidence of his corruption. Sounds like there is and his history doesn’t give him the benefit of doubt. All too often, the wealthy and politically powerful escape prosecution. Maybe the tide is finally turning. 

• Like (+1) 1

Indicted Senator Bob Menendez to Announce Reelection Bid Monday

by Matt Margolis

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), who was indicted days ago on federal bribery charges, is expected to announce on Monday that he intends to seek reelection, according to a report from the New Jersey Globe. Menendez has been defiant in the wake of the indictment, claiming that he’s being targeted for being Latino. “It is not lost on me how quickly some are rushing to judge a Latino and push him out of his seat,” he said in a statement. “I am not going anywhere.” The embattled senator’s forthcoming announcement comes as several high-profile Democrats have called on him to resign from the U.S. Senate.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/menendez-will-hold-press-conference-on-monday/

(maybe he'll surprise us and resign instead)  LOL

113tGnl.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Indicted Senator Bob Menendez to Announce Reelection Bid Monday

by Matt Margolis

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), who was indicted days ago on federal bribery charges, is expected to announce on Monday that he intends to seek reelection, according to a report from the New Jersey Globe. Menendez has been defiant in the wake of the indictment, claiming that he’s being targeted for being Latino. “It is not lost on me how quickly some are rushing to judge a Latino and push him out of his seat,” he said in a statement. “I am not going anywhere.” The embattled senator’s forthcoming announcement comes as several high-profile Democrats have called on him to resign from the U.S. Senate.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/menendez-will-hold-press-conference-on-monday/

(maybe he'll surprise us and resign instead)  LOL

113tGnl.jpg

What’s not being mentioned here there are three Democrats and now Pelosi who are calling for him to step down

I know you’re not gonna mention that, so I just thought I’d throw that out there

That’s what Democrats do they police their own. Meanwhile, the Republicans will look past everything so that they can try to hold onto power and they have shown that this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:57 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

“Isn’t evidence of wrongdoing really just evidence…of doing?”

Matthew McConaughey, Philosopher, Actor, Driver of Buicks 

get some bad moonshine Saturday?  I thought he sold Lincolns. 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

Now he claims he has been storing money in his suits :for emergencies".

Is that "walking around money"?

You know who else stored money in the walls of his business?  Stefano Magadino, the mob boss of Niagara Falls. The FBI found it in the walls of his funeral home.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

Now he claims he has been storing money in his suits :for emergencies".

Is that "walking around money"?

You know who else stored money in the walls of his business?  Stefano Magadino, the mob boss of Niagara Falls. The FBI found it in the walls of his funeral home.

I think there is a misconception hear that really needs to be cleared up

We’re not defending this guy

If someone has committed a crime, they should go to jail doesn’t matter what side of the aisle they’re on

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What’s not being mentioned here there are three Democrats and now Pelosi who are calling for him to step down

I know you’re not gonna mention that, so I just thought I’d throw that out there

That’s what Democrats do they police their own. Meanwhile, the Republicans will look past everything so that they can try to hold onto power and they have shown that this year.

What you are not going to mention is that the actual Democrats who's voices count are NOT calling for a resignation.

So I will just throw that out there.

And you can keep your "democrats police their own" fantasy to yourself.

As Menendez Faces Calls to Resign, Some Notable Democrats Don’t Join In

FTA:

But as the calls for Menendez to leave the Senate seat he’s held for 17 years grow louder, those who have yet to do so are becoming more notable.

They include his fellow New Jersey Democrat, Senator Cory Booker, as well as Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin.

“Bob Menendez has been a dedicated public servant and is always fighting hard for the people of New Jersey,” Schumer wrote in a statement Friday. “He has a right to due process and a fair trial.” Schumer added that Menendez had “rightly” opted to step down from his powerful position as chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

https://time.com/6317285/senator-menendez-new-jersey-resign-cory-booker/

and I missed where you posted the White House condemnation, post it again.

Oh.

Edited by B-Man
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Now let's all hold our breath and wait for GOPers to call out Menendez's corruption.

Do you believe the dems would be as eager in calling for his resignation if the governor of NJ was a republican? We both know the answer to that so let’s not get too excited over the current display of doing the right thing. 

• Like (+1) 1