Joe Burrow huge extension 5 years $275 million now highest paid QB

DJB

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I posted yesterday that he will be the highest paid player in the league to start the season next year.

I'm sure his "guarantees" will have some availability clauses, but he will be pushing the $60M level.

The only thing to stop that would be his health this year.

At some point either the cap will be increased to take into account the quarterback contractual situation, or quarterbacks will have to decide if they want cash or the chance at a Superbowl ring, because an increase in money means less to spend on the roster as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s wild but could def happen …they’re gonna have to make some big time cuts in other places if they intend on doing that and keeping waddle.  

to me a lot of what’s working for the dolphins is that offensive system can elevate pretty much any qb so they’re saving a bunch of money there at the moment. 

I guess a lot of fans have their opinion on Tua.  I think what Tua does well he does really well.  The only way to find out how another QB would

fare long term is to try it.  GMs are scared of doing that, so they pay the QBs.

21 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

At some point either the cap will be increased to take into account the quarterback contractual situation, or quarterbacks will have to decide if they want cash or the chance at a Superbowl ring, because an increase in money means less to spend on the roster as a whole.

The trend with the rule changes favoring the passing game has made the QBs more and more important.  I see nothing changing that in the

near future, so I agree with your points.  

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I disagree.  It's his consistency (going back to college) that's pretty remarkable with him in that it's an eye opener when he has a bad game like today.  His worst game since last year's opener and his other bad game last year was against the Browns without Chase.  He won the other three without Chase.  He's thrown for at least over 4500 yards and 35 TD's the last two seasons.  There's enough data with him that shows this game was an anomaly imo.

As for the Browns, they own the Bengals and that's about it.  Watson still doesn't look close to the player he once was and I don't think they're offense is built to win from behind.  I think their offense get manhandled next week against a ticked off Steelers team.  

We shall see. Browns haven't won in Pittsburgh (regular season) since 2003. 

3 hours ago, Yantha said:

Perspective....

Joe Burrow just got paid $3,000,000 to put up a stinker in the season opener.  

Three

Million

Dollars

......for that.....  

it’s good work if you can land it

I wish I could get paid like that to be terrible at football. I did it for free so much in my past

• Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen was developed in his 2nd year. He didn’t throw over a 1,000 balls in college. His learning curve required 2 ramp seasons and ideally he should have sat pine in 2018. 

Agreed.  Plan was for him to do so but QB from Bengals got injured and P5t5rman's popgun petered out with game speed action.  Supposedly he was great on drawing board and in practice,  OC died on that hill.

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Increasing cap does no good - agents who just raise demands.

Best solution but it will take a while.

"Lifetime contract with a vegetable".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.