MVP?

Ya Digg?

What do you think it will take for someone to get this years MVP from Mahomes. Does the QB who gets it (let’s face it, it will go to a QB) need to outperform/have better stats that Mahomes did last year? We all know the NFL loves their stories for MVP, and with the Chiefs likely to win a lot of games without Jones and possibly Kelce would be a story they would love to run with. I’m not even sure Mahomes had to perform as well this year in order to be the favorite for most/all of this season. Not saying he will win (and I hope he doesn’t) but it’ll be difficult to unseat him

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What what exactly is the point of this thread?

I think "we" all "know" Mahomes is the favorite and will be difficult to unseat, let’s play a few games before writing such threads.

Just a speculative discussion before the season starts, just like probably 80% of the threads started on here 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Joe Burrow. The Bengals are going to go on a tear and will win the SB. Joe Burrow will be both NFL MVP and SB MVP. How do I know this? Because this has been one of the worst years of my life and the Bengals winning a SB and having to watch the entire city celebrate would be just the cherry on top of the crap sundae that has been my 2023.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Joe Burrow. The Bengals are going to go on a tear and will win the SB. Joe Burrow will be both NFL MVP and SB MVP. How do I know this? Because this has been one of the worst years of my life and the Bengals winning a SB and having to watch the entire city celebrate would be just the cherry on top of the crap sundae that has been my 2023.

If ever, NOW would be the time with all the guys they are going to have to pay or lose. This would not shock me. In fact, I was just on my college hoops board from Cincinnati. Some of these (hoops) guys were not aware of the size of checks their el-cheapo owner was going to have to write. That made them nervous, for they know their owner. Burrow alone will be pushing a couple hundred million guaranteed. That’s before you pay his targets or anyone to block for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

If ever, NOW would be the time with all the guys they are going to have to pay or lose. This would not shock me. In fact, I was just on my college hoops board from Cincinnati. Some of these (hoops) guys were not aware of the size of checks their el-cheapo owner was going to have to write. That made them nervous, for they know their owner. Burrow alone will be pushing a couple hundred million guaranteed. That’s before you pay his targets or anyone to block for him. 

I think you’re right, if he’s going to win one soon it might have to be this year. Joe will set the QB market, Chase will be the highest paid WR when it’s his turn, I don’t think they can also pay Higgins what he’s going to want

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

What do you think it will take for someone to get this years MVP from Mahomes. Does the QB who gets it (let’s face it, it will go to a QB) need to outperform/have better stats that Mahomes did last year? We all know the NFL loves their stories for MVP, and with the Chiefs likely to win a lot of games without Jones and possibly Kelce would be a story they would love to run with. I’m not even sure Mahomes had to perform as well this year in order to be the favorite for most/all of this season. Not saying he will win (and I hope he doesn’t) but it’ll be difficult to unseat him

The MVP award should just go to player who gets most in endorsements since money is what NFL is about.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.