Bills-Jets week 1

Pete

1 minute ago, 1onemangang7 said:

He couldn't start over a guy that couldn't start in Houston. Too light. Not a good blocker. Doesn't take burden of rushing off the qb. It's a wasted pick.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/james-cook-more-snaps-buffalo-bills/

Cook has been particularly elusive. The former Georgia standout is averaging 2.99 yards after contact per attempt and has forced 16 missed tackles, per Pro Football Focus. A big play waiting to happen, Cook has accounted for 11 explosive (10-plus yards) gains as a ball-carrier. Four of Cook’s 11 explosive rushes have occurred in Buffalo’s last two games.

LOL it's a wasted pick.  The guy is our starting RB on a top offense.  

You have to be trolling at this point and I'm not going to continue.

Lets just revisit this at the end of the season.

He couldn't start over a guy that couldn't start in Houston. Too light. Not a good blocker. Doesn't take burden of rushing off the qb. It's a wasted pick.

1 - he was a rook, and came on as the season went on. Non-point.

2 - I disagree, and I'll provide the same amount of evidence for my case as you did right here:

3 - Lots of RBs had to learn blocking in the NFL. Non-point until it's proven he can;t learn it, which won't be until at least the end of this season

4 - No one could know this

5 - Nah

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/james-cook-more-snaps-buffalo-bills/

Cook has been particularly elusive. The former Georgia standout is averaging 2.99 yards after contact per attempt and has forced 16 missed tackles, per Pro Football Focus. A big play waiting to happen, Cook has accounted for 11 explosive (10-plus yards) gains as a ball-carrier. Four of Cook’s 11 explosive rushes have occurred in Buffalo’s last two games.

LOL it's a wasted pick.  The guy is our starting RB on a top offense.  

You have to be trolling at this point and I'm not going to continue.

Lets just revisit this at the end of the season.

You're a Homer. You know Josh Allen goes down and thar kid gets nothing. You'll argue til he doesn't wear the uniform. I'd rather not wait so long.

• Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

It's like you've never seen how McDermott handles rookies, plus wasn't he taking more and more of the snaps by the end of the season?

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

It's like you've never seen how McDermott handles rookies, plus wasn't he taking more and more of the snaps by the end of the season?

The position doesn't require seasoning.  I'm done here you can tell me I'm wrong when he shows it on the field. Can't argue with a homer. The time to win was ripe and mcD is gonna nurture a rb.. that's rich. This other clown puts him ahead of Kenneth walker for gosh sakes.. and he's serious.. wonder if they kept the 28 jersey. Lol... go Bills. Buh bye now

@DaBillsFanSince1973

Edited by 1onemangang7
  • Vomit 1

28 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The position doesn't require seasoning.  I'm done here you can tell me I'm wrong when he shows it on the field. Can't argue with a homer. The time to win was ripe and mcD is gonna nurture a rb.. that's rich. This other clown puts him ahead of Kenneth walker for gosh sakes.. and he's serious.. wonder if they kept the 28 jersey. Lol... go Bills. Buh bye now

This board really needed someone to correct all the blind homers here

58 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Because, in his rookie year, in which he ran for 5.7 ypc, he couldn’t start over a guy that couldn’t start over a guy in Houston.  It’s all starting to make sense now.  @DC Tom 

34 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

This is hilarious.  Poor guy

• Haha (+1) 1

Who is cooking up what for tonight's game?

I have already begun tailgating at home in between yard work and other errands.

Starting with ice cold Red Stripes and some heated in the mini crockpot warmer thingy salsa and nacho chips on the Man Cave bar.

Have 5 lbs of fresh jumbo chicken wings that I have been marinating in a pretty traditional Buffalo Chicken Wing Rub since Friday Morning.

Not sure if I will just use the NG Grill or fire up The Big Green Egg.  I don't see using the electric smoker or wood burning pizza oven on them.

How about you guys?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Correct finally. Blind homers are as much to blame for the Bills shortcoming as anyone...Gabe Davis is a problem they say..hilarious 

Wait are you actually saying that these blind homers are affecting the roster building? LOL

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

How many wins did the Bills have last year?

Look, this homer wants to make an irrelevant point that requires a big season win total first. Gee thank you for all the wins cook. They were so lost they put mickey and Minnie mouse in the same backfield against Cincinnati.  

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Look, this homer wants to make an irrelevant point that requires a big season win total first. Gee thank you for all the wins cook. They were so lost they put mickey and Minnie mouse in the same backfield against Cincinnati.  

I'm sensitive to your to your concern, but results matter

6 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Thinking cook is a bust in his second year isn’t being a homer…it’s being reasonable. 

Edited by teef
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Go away for good. You are not a realist, you are a grump. You would be better of being a Miami fan, you certainly sound like one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillzFreak said:

He literally just said homers are the reason for the Bills shortcomings. I mean if he isn't trolling at this point then man I don't know lol

I think there’s an ingrained meatiness with him.  Cook is a second year back who has a solid showing in this first year.  I’m not sure why anyone would call it something much different.   He get more of the load to carry, and we’ll see for ourselves, but a bust?   No.  Not even close.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

Thinking cook is. It a bust in his second year isn’t being a homer…it’s being reasonable. 

Well, you can wait around and burn some of Allen's career or make a good decision.. they don't wanna admit anything but the spent cheaply while admitting a little bit bigger guy might be an idea.

Ain't no sunshine when I'm gone.

Idk about everyone else but I'd still love to hear how "blind homers" on TBD message board are responsible for the lackluster (13-3) season last year.

I might put in in a frame on my desk

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Feels like we're about to hear the sad argument for drafting a RB in the first round.

I don't think it's necessary, I mean could ya trust him to pick the right one if he went first. Maybe just send him to the combine with one of those Rollercoaster Yosemite Sam measuring cut outs and say pick one bigger.

Just now, Pokebball said:

Which is the point of my response. We're not going to have an offense focusing on RBs with JA 

So you had to ask me how many wins. And you'd rather just get close than play a team game. Ok homer..see you get what you accept. Beane doesn't care. Yall satisfied just watching Allen

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.