Bills sign RB Ty Johnson

wppete

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Returning is a innate skills

Not learned..  the best returners were doing it when they were 15 years old

Mcelvin has seven returns for touchdowns in college.. parish has a good amount... Hester has a good amount.. Terence McGee as a good amount

Isabella has a poultry average in a small conference.. he's not a great returner

We have a guy who all prod in the NFL

He's a backup option 

No, New Orleans had that guy…4 years ago.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, New Orleans had that guy…4 years ago.

Micah hyde can catch punts safely...

I ain't trusting Isabella in a tight game ...  week 3.. see what he has? sure

But I will be holding my breathe 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, without a drought said:

Harty will probably return punts, Ty Johnson will play special teams if he sticks and Isabella will be a cut.

And unless teams start squib kicking, there will be no kick returns when the regular season starts, so who cares who they put back there.

lol no kick returns.

why would they keep Ty Johnson on ST? What is he good at?

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Micah hyde can catch punts safely...

I ain't trusting Isabella in a tight game 

he drops a lot of punts?

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol no kick returns.

why would they keep Ty Johnson on ST? What is he good at?

he drops a lot of punts?

As is said .. it's an innate ability 

He wasn't some 5* recruit ... UMASS would've had him back there shagging EVERY punt ... If he was the best guy 

And his returns ? Paultry average... His receiving game was great... punt Return game ? Meh

I stick by that he's depth... Nothing special as a returner ... Would be our worst returner I could remember in a franchise of great return men in the 2000s

I think he would be average as an NFL kick returner and sub average punt returner ... I'd feel more comfortable with him on kicks than punts

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

As is said .. it's an innate ability 

He wasn't some 5* recruit ... UMASS would've had him back there shagging EVERY punt ... If he was the best guy 

And his returns ? Paultry average... His receiving game was great... Return game ? Meh

I stick by that he's depth... Nothing special as a returner ... Would be our worst returner I could remember in a franchise of great return men in the 2000s

Did Roscoe Parrish lose this "innate ability" the second half of his career?

And what is it about Ty Johnson that tells you he has this innate ability?  

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did Roscoe Parrish lose this "innate ability" the second half of his career?

And what is it about Ty Johnson that tells you he has this innate ability?  

Well every player has a prime ... By the end of his career Roscoe wasn't the same guy... But he came in ready... Most return men have a 3-4 year window 

I don't think ty Johnson is the guy either ... I haven't seen his return tape 

Listen I don't think Andy would be the worst returner ever ... I'm saying the pros is 50x tougher than college and his college punt return tape left me meh.. 

He's a better fit as a KR than PR and PR is more valuable now ... it's the most dangerous position in football..  it's tough

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think they need to stop messing around with small potatoes and seek a trade with the Colts for Taylor.

The only thing dumber than giving a running back a huge second contract is giving up assets for the right to give a running back a huge second contract.

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well every player has a prime ... By the end of his career Roscoe wasn't the same guy... But he came in ready... Most return men have a 3-4 year window 

I don't think ty Johnson is the guy either ... I haven't seen his return tape 

Listen I don't think Andy would be the worst returner ever ... I'm saying the pros is 50x tougher than college and his college punt return tape left me meh.. 

He's a better fit as a KR than PR and PR is more valuable now ... it's the most dangerous position in football..  it's tough

Hines and Crowder returned 25 of 29 punts last year.  Shakir had 2 and Lewis 1.  The first 2 are gone. 

Also, you can't cite some of the best returners ever as proof that all returners needs or have an "innate' talent for doing so.  Obviously the majority of them don't.  Hines (12 career college returns) and Crowder don't. Look at the top 15 in Y/Return last year...

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hines and Crowder returned 25 of 29 punts last year.  Shakir had 2 and Lewis 1.  The first 2 are gone. 

Also, you can't cite some of the best returners ever as proof that all returners needs or have an "innate' talent for doing so.  Obviously the majority of them don't.  Hines (12 career college returns) and Crowder don't. Look at the top 15 in Y/Return last year...

Yea... But even in those returns amounts... Hines... Had like 3 house calls in returns ... 12 punts and he took a punt back to the house

He was taking house calls..  again I think Andy could be an average kick returner .. but it's a different animal in the pros 

Edited by Buffalo716

This to me is a total head scratcher !! Given the other places on the team that seems to be a weakness like the mike LB position it should come before the RB room especially given the other players that could fill in admirably even with the lose of Hines .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.