We need Bernard to at least be average

John from Riverside

Maybe I am wrong, but the interior of the Bills defensive line (starters) seemed to play pretty poorly last night, which seems to exacberate the linebacker problem.  The edges, other than when they didn't block Groot at all, were nothing special either. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

the lions overdrafting Campbell had zero impact on us.  

Imagine if we took Jack Campbell over Dalton Kincaid? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

whatever you say, champ. 

Frankly, I'm fine with drafting offense over defense any day.   

Defense doesn't matter much at the highest levels of the NFL competition anyway.  The way the rules are today, you either outscore your opponent or you lose. 

2 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I’m about to watch the game now on nfl network. How did Howard play at MLB? He looked good in the first preseason game. And if all else fails I like the idea of Rapp being the MLB/S hybrid, McDermott better get them creative juices flowing. Put the best 11 out there 

Nah, just go score 40 a game.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

whatever you say, champ. 

Frankly, I'm fine with drafting offense over defense any day.   

Defense doesn't matter much at the highest levels of the NFL competition anyway.  The way the rules are today, you either outscore your opponent or you lose. 

Thanks-  champ

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

Lol I’m all about that too. Watching the game now and honestly the D just looks out of sync and shape. Even our boy Milano wasn’t very Milano like. 

Was very impressed with Kincaid and love all the WR weapons stepping up at different times. Hopefully the OT and MLB situation works itself out or Beane makes some magic happen 

The rumblings out of camp were that Bernard was looking pretty solid & like he was ready to assume the starting role.

All we can do is hope that's the case, and that he fills in capably. I don't expect that to be our strongest position on the defense, but we do need it to be solid.

Any chance they could trade something to Seattle for old man Wagner? 

17 minutes ago, Success said:

The rumblings out of camp were that Bernard was looking pretty solid & like he was ready to assume the starting role.

All we can do is hope that's the case, and that he fills in capably. I don't expect that to be our strongest position on the defense, but we do need it to be solid.

Good in coverage, bad at run defense.  Because he is smallish we might expect him to be routinely dinged up. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.