NFL Preseason games week 1

Solomon Grundy

San Francisco a month before that year’s draft sent their 2021, 2022 and 2023 first-round picks, as well as a 2022 third-round pick to the Dolphins so they could jump into the top three and ultimately select quarterback Trey Lance.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-draft-trey-lance-trade-picks/

Bad move by SF , good for Miami unfortunately.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

I thought if he came out looking good, Darnold might end up being a cut/trade candidate we could look to upgrade over K. Allen. 

On another note, that was a terrible throw by Lance that by pure luck ending up being a touchdown instead of a pick.

Yeah... Josh friendship with Darnold surpasses Kyle's

On 8/12/2023 at 5:54 PM, ScottLaw said:

Hope Allen is in mid season form week one….. jets defense looks nasty.

I wonder if Allen plays a series or two this week against the Steelers. None of the starters will play in the preseason finale. 

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I wonder if Allen plays a series or two this week against the Steelers. None of the starters will play in the preseason finale. 

That is basically what McD implied last week in a press conference when he said Allen would see some preseason action but not the first game. Assuming none of the starters play the 3rd game, the Steelers game is the only one left.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Might be one of the worse top picks ever ... Seems like a good kid tho

Lance was one of the first beneficiaries (and Niners the first victims) of the Josh Allen Effect.  Colts might be next…

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

I thought if he came out looking good, Darnold might end up being a cut/trade candidate we could look to upgrade over K. Allen. 

On another note, that was a terrible throw by Lance that by pure luck ending up being a touchdown instead of a pick.

Watched Darnold and K.Allen here in Clt. 
   I wouldn’t choose one over the other. 
   So, stick with Allen as he is here and further along in the process.
  I don’t get the absolute bashing K Allen was taking. It’s a new offense and first preseason game. 
He made a bunch of decent throws, a few which were dropped ( Shakir) 

Edited by Buffalo Boy

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Watched Darnold and K.Allen here in Clt. 
   I wouldn’t choose one over the other. 
   So, stick with Allen as he is here and further along in the process.
  I don’t get the absolute bashing K Allen was taking. It’s a new offense and first preseason game. 
He made a bunch of decent throws, a few which were dropped ( Shakir) 

K Allen has been in the league for six years and has shown pretty good back-up QB ability during that time.  I don't think that all goes out the window based on a few series in a pre-season game with a new team...seems like an over-reaction, although admittedly I did not see the game. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

K Allen has been in the league for six years and has shown pretty good back-up QB ability during that time.  I don't think that all goes out the window based on a few series in a pre-season game with a new team...seems like an over-reaction, although admittedly I did not see the game. 

I watched it last night after reading this board crap all over him. I fully expected to see a EJ level crap fest.😜

While I wasn’t blown away by his performance, it wasn’t the atrocity that I was led to believe it would be. He was overly jumpy in the pocket twice. He hit a bunch of decent passes. He had some egregious drops. 
   We all know JA is our only path to the promised land. I’ve seen Barkley look much worse, in the past, than KA yesterday. Barkley looked relaxed and dialed in like it was the Jets game years ago so I guess KA looked terrible in comparison 🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.