Man in Utah shot and killed today for threatening the president

Just now, Chris farley said:

I understand that was the J6 and MSM narrative. doesn't make it fact.

By that and franks logic. cops doing mob control would have the right to shoot to kill.  

Think how that would have worked in that PAC/corporate supported summer of rage.

Wait a minute what exactly was narrative

Are you disputing that there was not a mob that was trying to climb through that window smashing the glasses as they went

Come on now Chris there’s video of it

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Wait a minute what exactly was narrative

Are you disputing that there was not a mob that was trying to climb through that window smashing the glasses as they went

Come on now Chris there’s video of it

So now its kosher for cops to shoot at mobs.  and like frank said, they are not metal detectors.  

So as long as a mob, its good to go.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

So now its kosher for cops to shoot at mobs.  and like frank said, they are not metal detectors.  

So as long as a mob, its good to go.

A violent mob

I’m trying to figure out what the alternative would’ve been here. Should they just have let them through?

It looked like they were protecting people behind them

Let’s make sure that we blame the people that got attacked not the ones that were attacking

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You don’t understand
The mob is the weapon

If she gets through that window they’re coming in right behind her

her death, as tragic, as it was prevented that they stopped, trying to climb through the window

Congress could have still been evacuating when the women was shot, I don't know.

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Unless they're Antifa attacking and trying to burn down the Federal Courthouse in Portland every night for a few months.  

Instead, those hoodlums were tucked away in their comfy beds every night with a mug of hot cocoa by city officials so they could rest up for the assualt the next day.

What Trump should have done was sent Federal Marshalls to city hall to arrest the mayor and other city officials for participating and supporting insurrection. 

But he's all talk, never showed his opponents he meant businesss, and ultimately didn't have the guts.

Yes, that would have been very popular with independents in the 2020 election.  Sorta like Kent State

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, that would have been very popular with independents in the 2020 election.  Sorta like Kent State

Wouldn't have mattered being that the fix was in regarding the 2020 election.

31 minutes ago, TH3 said:

FAFO

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t either, but I’m giving the agent the benefit of the doubt

From 2016-2020 you stood behind liberal hacks and defended their right to burn down cities and  threaten the president without any retaliation but in 2023 you defend the FBI shooting a man for having the audacity to make joking that's on Facebook - y'all are political hacks of the highest order. You are morally reprehensible people thinking that this story is anything except the FBI abusing there power.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

From 2016-2020 you stood behind liberal hacks and defended their right to burn down cities and  threaten the president without any retaliation but in 2023 you defend the FBI shooting a man for having the audacity to make joking that's on Facebook - y'all are political hacks of the highest order. You are morally reprehensible people thinking that this story is anything except the FBI abusing there power.

your and my idea of "making jokes" is very different.  He threatened the president and in an earlier confrontation with law enforcement was carrying an AR.  He was a very credible threat....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

29 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Could you show me where I defended the BLM riots please

52 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Could you show me where I defended the BLM riots please

And who “threatened” the president with what, and how?  Trump understands quite well that he was immune from any accountability other than impeachment during his tenure.  

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

your and my idea of "making jokes" is very different.  He threatened the president and in an earlier confrontation with law enforcement was carrying an AR.  He was a very credible threat....

When you have to lie you know you have lost, he never had a confrontation, he had the police visit him. He had an AR-15 in his house. He is not a credible threat

1 hour ago, 49er Fan said:

And who “threatened” the president with what, and how?  Trump understands quite well that he was immune from any accountability other than impeachment during his tenure.  

You mean beside Madonna "I'm gonna blow up the white House", Kathy Griffin with the head, and DeNiro saying he wanted to beat him up? I don't know any others off the top of my head since those were the most famous people. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

When you have to lie you know you have lost, he never had a confrontation, he had the police visit him. He had an AR-15 in his house. He is not a credible threat

I thought I'd already posted this.  maybe not

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2023/08/15/utah-man-killed-fbi-raid-had/

The Provo police report released Tuesday states that on Aug. 20, 2018, the two Google Fiber workers arrived at Robertson’s home, near 400 North and 1220 West, to connect a neighbor’s internet. They knocked on his door, but went to his backyard when Robertson didn’t answer.

Robertson soon exited his backdoor, allegedly waving a handgun, and yelled for the workers to get off his property, according to the report. One of the workers later told Provo police that Robertson pointed the gun at them as he brandished it.

The men called police, and a Provo officer rang Robertson’s doorbell when he arrived. Robertson answered the door holding an AR-15 rifle, “which triggered a bit of a stand off,” according to the police report.

16 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

You mean beside Madonna "I'm gonna blow up the white House", Kathy Griffin with the head, and DeNiro saying he wanted to beat him up? I don't know any others off the top of my head since those were the most famous people. 

Deniro:

“I mean, he’s so blatantly stupid. He’s a punk. He’s a dog. He’s a pig. he’s a con, a bulls—t artist, a mutt who doesn’t know what he’s talking about, doesn’t do his homework, doesn’t care, thinks he’s gaming society, doesn’t pay his taxes. He’s an idiot.

Colin Powell said it best: He’s a national disaster. He’s an embarrassment to this country. It makes me so angry that this country had gotten to the point that this fool, this bozo, has wound up where he has.

He talks [about] how he wants to punch people in the face? Well, I’d like to punch him in the face. This is somebody that we want for president? I don’t think so. What I care about is the direction of this country. And what I’m very, very worried about is that it might go in the wrong direction with someone like Donald Trump.

If you care about your future, vote for it.”

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

First, thanks for the shoutout in your response.

On Babbitt: yes, she was unarmed. But of course she also didn't go through security (nobody did, that was kind of the whole thing), and she did try to smash her way into the inner chambers, obviously ignored a law enforcement officer trying to stop exactly that, and she wasn't exactly a small woman all by herself. So a lot of this is after-the-fact second guessing of a law enforcement officer's decision that deadly force was warranted.

I think you’re a reasonable poster in most cases, a little less so in others, and the Jamesish Caan in a few others.  That said, I didn’t second guess law enforcement here, I asked John a question given his position on the Utah shooting.  I provided the facts well-established from the Babbitt case, the issue of use of deadly force against a person who was unarmed, and asked what he thought.  He’s opted not to answer, which is fine. 

5 hours ago, cle23 said:

Babbit ignored direct orders to stop, and also, as she is climbing through a busted window, there is no way to tell if she is armed or not.  

Cle, I am neutral on whether or not you’re a reasonable poster, I haven’t read enough one way or the other.  I will say, however, that ignoring orders to stop, climbing through a busted window, and uncertainty as to whether an individual is armed or not is not justification to shoot to kill.  We know the officer did not see a gun, a knife or anything else because she was unarmed.  My question for John was based on his parameters. 

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Was Ashli by herself that day?

BillSy, I think you’re an unreasonable poster generally, but the few times we’ve communicated openly and honestly are times I cherish.  I asked John a specific question because I was interested in his thoughts, but I will tell you that a law enforcement officer typically does not shoot to kill when an unarmed person is in a group greater than one.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think you’re a reasonable poster in most cases, a little less so in others, and the Jamesish Caan in a few others.  That said, I didn’t second guess law enforcement here, I asked John a question given his position on the Utah shooting.  I provided the facts well-established from the Babbitt case, the issue of use of deadly force against a person who was unarmed, and asked what he thought.  He’s opted not to answer, which is fine. 

Cle, I am neutral on whether or not you’re a reasonable poster, I haven’t read enough one way or the other.  I will say, however, that ignoring orders to stop, climbing through a busted window, and uncertainty as to whether an individual is armed or not is not justification to shoot to kill.  We know the officer did not see a gun, a knife or anything else because she was unarmed.  My question for John was based on his parameters. 

BillSy, I think you’re an unreasonable poster generally, but the few times we’ve communicated openly and honestly are times I cherish.  I asked John a specific question because I was interested in his thoughts, but I will tell you that a law enforcement officer typically does not shoot to kill when an unarmed person is in a group greater than one.  

Do you think you're Judge Judy?

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

We are on page 13 of this pathetic threat - enough said.

Go find your next boogeyman.

Aren't there some groomers put there for you to support?

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So in your mind you equate 4 students peacefully protesting shot by guardsman as the same type of scenario as federal agents acting in self-defense against armed and dangerous masked radicals intent on doing harm throwing bricks and firebombs attempting to burn them alive?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

59 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Deniro:

“I mean, he’s so blatantly stupid. He’s a punk. He’s a dog. He’s a pig. he’s a con, a bulls—t artist, a mutt who doesn’t know what he’s talking about, doesn’t do his homework, doesn’t care, thinks he’s gaming society, doesn’t pay his taxes. He’s an idiot.

Colin Powell said it best: He’s a national disaster. He’s an embarrassment to this country. It makes me so angry that this country had gotten to the point that this fool, this bozo, has wound up where he has.

He talks [about] how he wants to punch people in the face? Well, I’d like to punch him in the face. This is somebody that we want for president? I don’t think so. What I care about is the direction of this country. And what I’m very, very worried about is that it might go in the wrong direction with someone like Donald Trump.

If you care about your future, vote for it.”

So that is not inflammatory or threatening? Seriously you found the least of the three and still proved me correct.