An old joke revised: " A true Bill's fan "

tomur67

It's the AFC championship.  The visiting Kansas City Chiefs are at Highmark Stadium home of the number one seed, Buffalo Bills.  The stadium is packed.  The crowd is going wild, with the game about to begin.  Meanwhile,  Joe, who has a seat high up in the nosebleed section was down in front looking for an empty seat, where he'd have a better view.  Sure enough he spots one.  Joe goes over and says to the guy next to the empty seat, "hey, Buddy what's up  with the empty seat?"  The guy replies, " Sadly this was my wife's seat, but she passed away."  Joe says back, "Don't you have a friend or relative who would like to see the game?" The guy says, " No, they're all at the funeral."

• Haha (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No true Bills fan would schedule a funeral on game day...unless it was a watch party too, which actually sounds like a great idea.

To that end, I am having an open bar at my wake. I actually spoke with a funeral director who said he could make that happen. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No true Bills fan would schedule a funeral on game day...unless it was a watch party too, which actually sounds like a great idea.

My grandmother loved the bills and Sunday was the only day we could get everyone in from around the county for her wake

Bills beat rams on last play of game as we all huddled around the radio 

• Like (+1) 7

7 hours ago, tomur67 said:

It's the AFC championship.  The visiting Kansas City Chiefs are at Highmark Stadium home of the number one seed, Buffalo Bills.  The stadium is packed.  The crowd is going wild, with the game about to begin.  Meanwhile,  Joe, who has a seat high up in the nosebleed section was down in front looking for an empty seat, where he'd have a better view.  Sure enough he spots one.  Joe goes over and says to the guy next to the empty seat, "hey, Buddy what's up  with the empty seat?"  The guy replies, " Sadly this was my wife's seat, but she passed away."  Joe says back, "Don't you have a friend or relative who would like to see the game?" The guy says, " No, they're all at the funeral."

I just read the golf version of this !!!

7 hours ago, tomur67 said:

Shared with the wife and she did not enjoy, which is fine...

20e4de6b426fd5d1e247fdf46137387183baf32c4a28fb3b15004ae38045aa02_1.thumb.jpg.5dc5b1289b4163dbc0c46546b5c305e3.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/6/2023 at 1:38 PM, Draconator said:

To that end, I am having an open bar at my wake. I actually spoke with a funeral director who said he could make that happen. 

The guy that owns Buszka's Funeral Home in Kaisertown also has place  on Union right near Clinton in West Seneca that used to be an Episcopal Church.  One stop facility. The pews are still there  for the service, and  it has the kitchen and hall in the basement. Until COVID, he used to have a dinner in February in honor of the people  he embalmed/cremated the previous year. Could use that place.

14 hours ago, Wacka said:

The guy that owns Buszka's Funeral Home in Kaisertown also has place  on Union right near Clinton in West Seneca that used to be an Episcopal Church.  One stop facility. The pews are still there  for the service, and  it has the kitchen and hall in the basement. Until COVID, he used to have a dinner in February in honor of the people  he embalmed/cremated the previous year. Could use that place.

I'm very familiar with the Union location. We may be contacting them, as my wife wants to go from the funeral home to the cemetery in a horse-drawn, glass-enclosed hearse. The only thing is, the Town of West Seneca prohibits horses on town roads, so we would have to get the Erie County Sherrif's horses to pull the hearse. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.