Astro’s TC Report - Friday 7/28

Jerry Jabber

"Allen’s back in 21 personnel, with Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield. They execute the finest screen play I have ever seen the Bills run. Greg Tompsett says, ” I didn’t know we were allowed to do that!. That got Cover 1 excited; tune in tonight to hear all about “The Day in July 2023 They Ran a Screen”.

:)

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Interesting about Shorter being the guy on offense he feels is putting in the most effort. I did a lot of research on Shorter and kind of hope he turns into something, even though in reality he will go to the practice squad but I have a training camp underdog every year and he's my guy this time round

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Interesting about Shorter being the guy on offense he feels is putting in the most effort. I did a lot of research on Shorter and kind of hope he turns into something, even though in reality he will go to the practice squad but I have a training camp underdog every year and he's my guy this time round

We could definitely use another outside receiver with size so I'm really hoping he pans out. He doesn't get much separation, but I'm hoping he can box out db's in the red zone.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Search function for the Win!  I was wondering if this had been posted yet.

31 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Why doesn't he post here anymore? Strange 

His insight is good but nothing extraordinary if I'm being honest 

"Creative differences" between Astro and SDS, or so I believe

If I'm being honest, I think you should get your butt to training camp and provide us with examples of "extraordinary insight" so we may watch and learn.  Otherwise, why dunk on someone who is putting time and effort into producing something many of us enjoy?

I like reading different perspectives from different people because they often see things the other misses, or pick up details the other leaves out.

PS plus, Sue Me, I like his sense of humor

Allen’s back in 21 personnel, with Deonte Harty and Trent Sherfield. They execute the finest screen play I have ever seen the Bills run. Greg Tompsett says, ” I didn’t know we were allowed to do that!. That got Cover 1 excited; tune in tonight to hear all about “The Day in July 2023 They Ran a Screen”.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

We could definitely use another outside receiver with size so I'm really hoping he pans out. He doesn't get much separation, but I'm hoping he can box out db's in the red zone.

Well Shorter was one of the top 5 high school receivers in the country when he committed to Penn State it didn’t work out for him there so he went to Florida where he flashed once in awhile but he’s a project and has a crazy skill set. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Why doesn't he post here anymore? Strange 

His insight is good but nothing extraordinary if I'm being honest 

I think he got tired of doing the hard work and getting nothing but grief from some haters. This way the site actually makes some money 

A screen pass
Oh boy, this is starting to make me feel all funny

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well Shorter was one of the top 5 high school receivers in the country when he committed to Penn State it didn’t work out for him there so he went to Florida where he flashed once in awhile but he’s a project and has a crazy skill set. 

Some people won’t remember this, but there were a time whenever Justin Sauter would’ve been the talk of the off-season, and what he might become

Not a lottery ticket like he is today just speaks to how far along the team has come

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.