San Francisco

It's not just SF it's all over the US ! In my job i travel all over the US & although SF has become a cesspool for liberal thinking & leadership there are many more cities that i have traveled to that are just as bad .

We are in Austin TX today i have notice at least 3 tent cities & many homeless people walking the streets we were in NO a while back & i had been there multiple times in less than a year & noticed the same tent set up at the base of the ramp heading north out of town & then there is Seattle, Oregon, Chicago, NYC, & many others that are bad .

can you see any theme in those cities i listed ? But even when the leadership is different in Nashville TN which i live near there are a lot of homeless communities and i feel it stems from first our government making Americans feel they are entitled to much more than they deserve & allowing them to get give aways with out any proof of truly needing those gov't give aways .

It all starts at the top ! Welfare use to be a stop gap for those to get on their feet to go back to or get well enough to go back to work & now it is a way of life passed down to each generation a learned bogus lie to acquire free food, housing, medical ins, & many other things . 

If people receive assistance from the gov't then they should have to work for it in any number of jobs that they can . I know family, Military people, & acquaintances that receive full disability that work other jobs and make dam good money at them some like my family members sit on their asses & receive these things & think they deserve more it's pitiful !! 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Sf is the result liberal America. 

you have mega millionaire Pelosi lifetime politician curating her presidio sanctuary and wealthy husband profiting from all the power she had, while the city becomes a run down slum. These are the people sone idiot here want to give more power and more of their money. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 10:36 PM, Wacka said:

Had seasons from 86 to 93, The only fights we saw were the Jets games. All the Lon Guylanders that attended UB getting drunk.

I definitely remember one particular Jets game that was a Sunday nighter that  the security was beyond busy. My dad had seasons then and I saw so many fights I decided to never go to a night game with Jets fans. Only other fights I saw were with Dolphin fans that always ended with other fans telling both morons to shut up and sit down. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/23/2023 at 3:53 PM, T master said:

It's not just SF it's all over the US ! In my job i travel all over the US & although SF has become a cesspool for liberal thinking & leadership there are many more cities that i have traveled to that are just as bad .

We are in Austin TX today i have notice at least 3 tent cities & many homeless people walking the streets we were in NO a while back & i had been there multiple times in less than a year & noticed the same tent set up at the base of the ramp heading north out of town & then there is Seattle, Oregon, Chicago, NYC, & many others that are bad .

can you see any theme in those cities i listed ? But even when the leadership is different in Nashville TN which i live near there are a lot of homeless communities and i feel it stems from first our government making Americans feel they are entitled to much more than they deserve & allowing them to get give aways with out any proof of truly needing those gov't give aways .

It all starts at the top ! Welfare use to be a stop gap for those to get on their feet to go back to or get well enough to go back to work & now it is a way of life passed down to each generation a learned bogus lie to acquire free food, housing, medical ins, & many other things . 

If people receive assistance from the gov't then they should have to work for it in any number of jobs that they can . I know family, Military people, & acquaintances that receive full disability that work other jobs and make dam good money at them some like my family members sit on their asses & receive these things & think they deserve more it's pitiful !! 

There are some long-term disability scenarios where if people got it from an employer's program, they can't work part-time or other jobs to try to ramp back up or they lose all of it. They can't even try to go back and work to see if they can do it because they would still lose it. I don't get it personally as they would be paying out less in disability and eventually those people that want to go back would get there faster. The way it's set up now, some people won't even try to go back in fear of losing everything in case they still have issues and can't steadily work back up to those hours either. 

I will say for one part though, this is not sticking up for people who knowingly abuse the system...but the "proof" part can be tricky in many scenarios. For example for mental health...if you're smart enough you can fake your way to get a mental health disorder diagnosis that can qualify you for benefits. Most mental health disorders, even the most serious ones, don't show up on scans like a physical injury would. It's just done through assessments and there is a level of subjectivity to it, in many cases at a high level. It's kind of like concussions, most of the time they don't show up on any kind of scan. That doesn't mean they don't have them...but someone could also basically fake one if they know how to act like they have the symptoms. 

It's terrible because there are a lot of people with legitimate disorders but I do think there's some things that make that "proof" part really tough on everyone in some of these cases. 

• 3 weeks later...

BLUE CITY BLUES: 

San Francisco mayor orders police, health and other departments to propose cuts of $206 MILLION

in desperate attempt to reverse city’s ‘doom loop’ spiral into economic collapse.

Law enforcement budgets in the city, which is ravaged by homelessness, drugs and a downtown business exodus, face cuts of $27.6 million, while the public health department could lose a further $25.9 million, according to a DailyMail.com analysis.

The fire department must propose reductions of around $10.5 million to meet the mayor’s demand, while city’s crumbling Municipal Transport Agency must find savings of $15.5 million, a review of official figures suggests.

In a letter dated October 11, Mayor London Breed ordered departments to propose massive cuts to this year’s budgets in order to prevent San Francisco reaching a $500 million deficit by 2025.

The radical cuts mark an embarrassing change of tack from Breed, who is now forced to tear up the record-breaking $14.6 billion annual budget she signed off just three months ago. Department heads across the city have until Thursday, October 26 to propose their cuts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12645325/san-francisco-mayor-london-breed-budget-cuts-police-health-homeless.html

San Francisco has serious problems with crime, mental health, and drug addiction, so it’s big cuts for police and health.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't feel sorry for any of them. They voted for it and now they must deal with the consequences.

The best I can say for libs is that they think they're doing what's right.  But as the saying goes, "the road to hell..."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is true they have cleaned uo the streets for Xi and his buddies. Just got off the phone with a friend who was driving into work across the Bay Bridge. She works South of Market Street right next to the approach to the SFside of the Bay Bridge. They cleaned up all the tents along the street she works on. Did it in a few days. Why couldn't they do it years ago?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

It is true they have cleaned uo the streets for Xi and his buddies. Just got off the phone with a friend who was driving into work across the Bay Bridge. She works South of Market Street right next to the approach to the SFside of the Bay Bridge. They cleaned up all the tents along the street she works on. Did it in a few days. Why couldn't they do it years ago?

HSH estimates that as many as 20,000 individuals may experience homelessness in San Francisco over the course of a full year.

I want to know where those 10-20K humans are.  

did they traffic them?  offer them hotel rooms?  or are they doing winter without tents?