The Sound of Freedom

5 hours ago, teef said:

i don't know if this was mentioned in the articles, but people are pushing this a bit further as some theaters have been having trouble during the showing such as lights being left on and the a/c not working.  people are really reading into this.

I heard a conspiracy theory that Far-Right Christian Extremists spent $100 million buying up tickets to this movie. That's why they don't need A/C or dimmed lights because no one is actually sitting in the theater.

Also, Isn't it suspicious that there are two threads on this movie!? Which one is the real one?

• Haha (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This qanon thing is a hoax.  It's a conspiracy theory ginned up by leftists about a secret cabal of right wing extremists that believe all kinds of conspiracy theories.  

A conspiracy theory about people believing conspiracy theories.  Cool, right? The libs have got quite an imagination considering they're morons.

I had some wild idea from.the beginning that this q-anon crap was a Democratic strategy operation. It'd make a hell of a lot of good sense to expose the hysteria of any group of people.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This qanon thing is a hoax.  It's a conspiracy theory ginned up by leftists about a secret cabal of right wing extremists that believe all kinds of conspiracy theories.  

A conspiracy theory about people believing conspiracy theories.  Cool, right? The libs have got quite an imagination considering they're morons.

Qanon beliefs are a hoax, but a good portion of right wingers subscribe to it and identify with it.

https://theconversation.com/qanon-is-spreading-outside-the-us-a-conspiracy-theory-expert-explains-what-that-could-mean-198272

7 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Qanon beliefs are a hoax, but a good portion of right wingers subscribe to it and identify with it.

https://theconversation.com/qanon-is-spreading-outside-the-us-a-conspiracy-theory-expert-explains-what-that-could-mean-198272

Want to know when a story is an actual hoax?

When they cite unnamed "fact checkers" and "experts" throughout the piece.

I think I'll do that when I submit my next paper for review. Any claim I make ill just say experts (me and those who agree with me) said so. End of story.

:lol:

But when someone who writes a critique of sound of freedom also is a pedophile....then thats just another Qanon conspiracy according to experts and fact checkers!

Useful idiots like @PastaJoe are forever lost.

• Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Have you seen it yet?

Not yet…was supposed to on Sunday with my mom but she went into the hospital instead…I’ll probably go this Saturday with the wife…

How about you? Have you seen it yet?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

was supposed to on Sunday with my mom but she went into the hospital instead

Are you sure mom just wasn't trying to stop you from seeing it?

Sorry, probably bad to joke about that but I was guessing she's ok since you're going with your wife now...

... but the story about AMC cinemas deliberately sabotaging the movie was shot down by the movie's producers/distributors themselves. Just another example of the workings of the Faux Outrage Machine.

https://www.angel.com/press/release/angel-studios-statement-on-sound-of-freedom-and-amc-theaters

“We understand there are rumors—predominantly in social media—that AMC theaters have made it difficult for fans to see SOUND of FREEDOM in local AMC theaters, and we want to make it clear these rumors are not accurate,” states Brandon Purdie, Head of Angel Theatrical Distribution. “AMC has been an outstanding partner for Angel Studios, and in fact, as a result of the movie’s performance and consumer demand, AMC has agreed to add additional screens for SOUND OF FREEDOM this weekend. 

“Angel Studios and the producers of SOUND OF FREEDOM are asking our fans to support AMC, and all of our other theatrical partners. Summer is the busiest season for people working in theaters, so we ask that anyone attending a screening of SOUND OF FREEDOM show kindness to their local theater staff. We have the best movie fans in the business. Let’s continue to show theaters the love that Angel supporters are known for.”

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Are you sure mom just wasn't trying to stop you from seeing it?

Sorry, probably bad to joke about that but I was guessing she's ok since you're going with your wife now...

... but the story about AMC cinemas deliberately sabotaging the movie was shot down by the movie's producers/distributors themselves. Just another example of the workings of the Faux Outrage Machine.

https://www.angel.com/press/release/angel-studios-statement-on-sound-of-freedom-and-amc-theaters

“We understand there are rumors—predominantly in social media—that AMC theaters have made it difficult for fans to see SOUND of FREEDOM in local AMC theaters, and we want to make it clear these rumors are not accurate,” states Brandon Purdie, Head of Angel Theatrical Distribution. “AMC has been an outstanding partner for Angel Studios, and in fact, as a result of the movie’s performance and consumer demand, AMC has agreed to add additional screens for SOUND OF FREEDOM this weekend. 

“Angel Studios and the producers of SOUND OF FREEDOM are asking our fans to support AMC, and all of our other theatrical partners. Summer is the busiest season for people working in theaters, so we ask that anyone attending a screening of SOUND OF FREEDOM show kindness to their local theater staff. We have the best movie fans in the business. Let’s continue to show theaters the love that Angel supporters are known for.”

I haven’t spoke to her yet, but she is staying over for at least a few nights for observation and tests…

As for the movie (pertaining to the “faux outrage machine”) you could almost say that the Left’s recent addiction to censorship has contributed to many feeling that there is a conspiracy to silence, or deter, anything that is non woke…

I would have to say, as a person who has experienced it myself, that it’s a very legitimate concern…

• Agree 2

59 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I haven’t spoke to her yet, but she is staying over for at least a few nights for observation and tests…

As for the movie (pertaining to the “faux outrage machine”) you could almost say that the Left’s recent addiction to censorship has contributed to many feeling that there is a conspiracy to silence, or deter, anything that is non woke…

I would have to say, as a person who has experienced it myself, that it’s a very legitimate concern…

Hope your Mom is ok, Ja. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Not yet…was supposed to on Sunday with my mom but she went into the hospital instead…I’ll probably go this Saturday with the wife…

How about you? Have you seen it yet?

Sorry to hear about Mom - hope she is ok! 

I will see it when it ends up on Netflix or another streaming service.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watched in on Tuesday and it's a GREAT movie. I don't see ANY aspect of the film as to why people on the left would be triggered. At all. 

Makes zero sense because it doesn't push any anti-left or pro-right ideology. It shows the operation that Tim Ballard took part in and what he did following his reignition from the Department of Homeland Security. NOTHING about politics in the film. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

You really cannot make this up 

Don't watch The Kings Speech, Django Unchained or The Imitation Game because Harvey Weinstein produced those movies. 

I'm still waiting to hear what's so controversial about the films content. Nothing in the movie was anti-left. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Don't watch The Kings Speech, Django Unchained or The Imitation Game because Harvey Weinstein produced those movies. 

I'm still waiting to hear what's so controversial about the films content. Nothing in the movie was anti-left. 

No one is defending Harvey Weinstein. 

But the irony of funding a movie about child trafficking and then getting arrested for kidnapping an underage kid is so MAGA.

Of course you fail to acknowledge the irony.

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

You really cannot make this up 

Apparently you can.

And (of course) Billstime fell for it.     giphy.gif

There is nothing too low, nothing too sideways, nothing too GROSS for the Left to pull when it comes to smearing the movie, 'Sound of Freedom'.

God forbid we actually all agree that SEX-TRAFFICKING IS WRONG and something we should talk about. But oh NO, they found one horrible human being out of several thousand (7000+) who donated to a GOFUNDME that allowed anyone to donate and claim he's a 'financier' of the film as a means to crap all over the very successful and powerful film.

From Newsweek:

One of the thousands of patrons of the crowdfunded anti-child trafficking film Sound of Freedom was recently arrested and charged for child kidnapping, according to a court filing and social media posts.

Fabian Marta was charged with felony child kidnapping in July, while since-removed Facebook posts appear to show the same person revealing their pride in funding the film. Marta's name appears in the movie's credits among the "investors [who] helped bring Sound of Freedom to theaters."

Along with the other donors.

THOUSANDS. They even reported it in the story themselves.

And financier? REALLY? According to Webster, the word financier means, 'a person concerned with the management of large amounts of money on behalf of governments or other large organizations.'

Newsweek and Pop Crave both know damn well what they were doing. They wanted to make this guy out to be a key player for the film so they could use it to trash the Right. 

We honestly don't understand why they want to take the movie down so badly.

And by all means, this man should be exposed. But it should be THE TRUTH. That he is in no way a financier and only one of thousands and thousands of people who donated hundreds of millions to the film.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/04/newsweek-popcrave-sets-out-to-smear-sound-of-freedom-with-the-worst-yet-n2386004

• Thank you (+1) 1