US Navy Detected Sub Implosion on SUNDAY...

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Imagine useful idiots distracting and deflecting.

I mean it's unheard of...

I already tried using the George Foreman grill analogy with them.  I can't make it any simpler.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Oh, Gawd.  This guy has more masters than his dominatrix has slaves...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/obama-calls-obscene-inequality-news-coverage-oceangate-sub-tragedy-sinking-migrant-ship

Thoughts?  I think he's on point...

What’s the point?  That people find some things more interesting, more compelling than others?   Here’s what I think….if there were two stories running simultaneously, one about the loss of lives on the migrant ship, the other the loss of lives on the sub, some people would follow one, some people would follow the other.  It makes neither group (nor the media reporting) bad or heartless.  

Now, if both those stories were running concurrently, and a large cross-section of Bills/Chiefs fans was driving to the stadium for game day, virtually all would switch to the pre-game coverage of their preference when that option presented itself.   Or—if you will, if a compelling story about an NBA championship run came on, Barrack would focus on that instead of option 1 and 1a. 

DM me if you’re on the Nobel Peace Prize committee.  I’m onto something here, and it’s powerful. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What’s the point?  That people find some things more interesting, more compelling than others?   Here’s what I think….if there were two stories running simultaneously, one about the loss of lives on the migrant ship, the other the loss of lives on the sub, some people would follow one, some people would follow the other.  It makes neither group (nor the media reporting) bad or heartless.  

Now, if both those stories were running concurrently, and a large cross-section of Bills/Chiefs fans was driving to the stadium for game day, virtually all would switch to the pre-game coverage of their preference when that option presented itself.   Or—if you will, if a compelling story about an NBA championship run came on, Barrack would focus on that instead of option 1 and 1a. 

DM me if you’re on the Nobel Peace Prize committee.  I’m onto something here, and it’s powerful. 

More like migrants (whose names probably no one knows/can know) dying is old news.  Kind of like black-on-black crime in Chicago isn't worth reporting anymore.  But (semi) famous billionaires dying on a submersible?  How often does that happen?  This isn't rocket surgery. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

More like migrants (whose names probably no one knows/can know) dying is old news.  Kind of like black-on-black crime in Chicago isn't worth reporting anymore.  But (semi) famous billionaires dying on a submersible?  How often does that happen?  This isn't rocket surgery. :rolleyes:

In context, RedTailTonyHawk was asking about Obama and his comments.  

There’s no way I’m letting you glom onto my Nobel, Doc.  I ain’t noways tired, I done come too far from where I started from to let that happen! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Capco said:

That is an editorial written by Andy Puzder, Trump's former nominee for Labor Secretary.  About the only political view I agree with him on is his support for comprehensive immigration reform in 2013.  

And as might be expected, the picture he painted is incomplete.  His numbers only reflect wages.  While most of us plebs earn our money through actual labor for pay, the wealthiest people earn most of their money through assets, not wages, and assets are taxed differently (e.g., capital gains).  It also neglected to address the corporate tax rate reduction.  

Fixing the tax system isn't so much about raising income tax brackets for wages (although it should still be done imo) as much as it is about closing loopholes for large businesses/corporations and raising taxes on assets.  I just finished a class in law school called "Future Interests" and it's insane how easy it is for the ultra wealthy to avoid huge amounts of taxes through things like "charitable" trusts that pay enormous sums to their board of directors who are conveniently made up exclusively of family members with appointments for life that can be inherited.

https://www.budget.senate.gov/chairman/newsroom/press/extending-trump-tax-cuts-would-add-35-trillion-to-the-deficit-according-to-cbo

The whole tax-burden approach also leaves out another important detail.  By lowering the total amount of taxes levied, the difference in revenue had to be made up through borrowing.  When 57% of the increase in debt-to-GDP ratio since 2001 can be traced to two pieces of legislation, that counts as extreme in my book--especially when it's from the supposed party of fiscal responsibility.  

I think I read earlier this week that every dollar spent on the IRS produces $7 in revenue.  If we want to address the debt-to-GDP ratio and be more fiscally responsible, gutting the IRS seems like a terrible approach.  

You make good sense, convey it clearly and get thumbs up from both sides.  Nice job.  Ever think about going into politics?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So let me see if I’ve got this straight

We are now using the submersible tragedy as another way to lash out at the bogeyman Joe Biden

Who is either

Too senile to be president and can’t keep his food in his mouth

Or

A genius, crime, family mobster

I mean, which is it

you think he’s actually running things right now? He’s only lost his mind the last few years. Before that you can’t be dumb enough to think he wasn’t on the take for decades. It’s similar to Hillary trying to claim bengazi started cause of the video or whatever. They just try to control the narrative 

Edited by aristocrat

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

you think he’s actually running things right now? He’s only lost his mind the last few years. Before that you can’t be dumb enough to think he wasn’t on the take for decades. It’s similar to Hillary trying to claim bengazi started cause of the video or whatever. They just try to control the narrative 

And of course, you have proof of all that

23 hours ago, Capco said:

You mean nowadays?  If so then for sure.

But a big part of why that is today is political polarization.  Before the Southern Strategy was implemented, there used to be a conservative wing of Democrats from the South, and a liberal wing of Republicans from cities like those in the Rust Belt.  Successful votes involving large portions of the minority party were more commonplace.  

Even if those votes still went along ideological lines, they were at least bipartisan to the average voter.  Now that conservative Democrat and liberal Republican are oxymorons, compromise is dead.  

It’s not only dead, it’s frowned upon by both parties. It’s almost like they want to keep us divided.

I would go back to the Democratic Party if they rid themselves of the radical left. They took a decent party and turned it into a radicalized movement. I think it may be to late to go back. I possibly see a split in the Democratic Party. More and more of my leftist friends and colleagues have abandoned the current party due to the perverse nature that the current administration has been applying since day one of bidens term.  
It’s turned off a lot of Democrats and the minority community. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The Deep State is obviously orchestrating the events in Russia now that the sub news is fading from headlines…. all to avert attention from Hunters issues. Long live the conspiracy! 

Some, but not all of these things are true:

1. The war in Vietnam was started under false pretenses, with those in power misleading citizens about the the threat from Charlie and his red friends being a threat to our very way of life;

2. W Bush and his cronies took our country to war under false pretenses, lied about actionable and credible intelligence and the threat to sour way of life, here and abroad;

3.  A recent election was illegitimate, and Putin had a plant in the WH who was so good, so devious that he actually convinced the man who investigated him to write a report that revealed findings other than the that he said he found;

3. That the removal and custody of top secret material from the Oval Office was egregious and a threat to our very way of life, but removal and custody of top secret material from the Oval Office and a couple decades of time in the senate was perfectly fine because it’s called multi-year-slippage;

4.  That people are very very concerned about propaganda impacting our elections as a threat to our very way of life, but propoganda impacting our elections is completely understandable when it supports their preferred candidate;

5.  That massaging the tax system and avoiding/reducing taxes is an affront to the dignity of our system, but outright laundering money in a multi-year scheme involving one’s father is just an “Oh, everyone does that!”. 

6.  That the commander in chief is a disgrace because he refused to acknowledge Russia bounties on the heads of American soldiers, but that staging a botched withdrawal from a hostile foreign and the sacrifice of American soldiers is a cost of freedom;

7.  That a hospital in Maryland is actually in Iraq.  

Hard to know what to believe when money and power collide.  You know this, generally. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Some, but not all of these things are true:

1. The war in Vietnam was started under false pretenses, with those in power misleading citizens about the the threat from Charlie and his red friends being a threat to our very way of life;

2. W Bush and his cronies took our country to war under false pretenses, lied about actionable and credible intelligence and the threat to sour way of life, here and abroad;

3.  A recent election was illegitimate, and Putin had a plant in the WH who was so good, so devious that he actually convinced the man who investigated him to write a report that revealed findings other than the that he said he found;

3. That the removal and custody of top secret material from the Oval Office was egregious and a threat to our very way of life, but removal and custody of top secret material from the Oval Office and a couple decades of time in the senate was perfectly fine because it’s called multi-year-slippage;

4.  That people are very very concerned about propaganda impacting our elections as a threat to our very way of life, but propoganda impacting our elections is completely understandable when it supports their preferred candidate;

5.  That massaging the tax system and avoiding/reducing taxes is an affront to the dignity of our system, but outright laundering money in a multi-year scheme involving one’s father is just an “Oh, everyone does that!”. 

6.  That the commander in chief is a disgrace because he refused to acknowledge Russia bounties on the heads of American soldiers, but that staging a botched withdrawal from a hostile foreign and the sacrifice of American soldiers is a cost of freedom;

7.  That a hospital in Maryland is actually in Iraq.  

Hard to know what to believe when money and power collide.  You know this, generally. 

Even better, "because he returned it as soon as he realized he had it." :lol:

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There’s that, of course and the fact that after an exhaustive search of everything everywhere, more documents were found in places already searched.  

Yeah, and is super secret places...like his garage.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So let me see if I’ve got this straight

We are now using the submersible tragedy as another way to lash out at the bogeyman Joe Biden

Who is either

Too senile to be president and can’t keep his food in his mouth

Or

A genius, crime, family mobster

I mean, which is it

Oh their rebuttal to that is George Foreman.  Don't bother breaking down why the analogy is preposterous.   It's a waste of time.

• Like (+1) 1