US Navy Detected Sub Implosion on SUNDAY...

54 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re not doing exactly the same thing not by a long shot

And I most certainly am not all over Joe Biden‘s jock. The guy is old is dirt and the rumors that he can’t put in a full day of work as president are concerning to me.

This is simply the case of a lesser of two bad

No, they’re not.  It appears increasingly likely that Joe Biden was involved in a multi-year pay for play and bribery ring, leveraging his drug addicted sons self destructive tendencies, and used the weight and power of the govt to cover his tracks.  

That, coupled with his desire to stockpile confidential and classified documents would be of great concern to the average independent. 

Still, you seem more concerned with his sleeping/prune juice schedule than anything else. 

Besides, my point want that you’re literally on his jock like static cling, it was just that it’s likely the perception of people that you are.  So, you think the boycott over bud light cans is silly, others think the stalwart defense of Biden by a Bidenista is the problem. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am a big fan of alternate energy resources, but I don’t think you’ll ever be able to do way with the energy systems that we have. Now you can reduce them. You can make us less dependent on oil from other countries by doing it and well it wouldn’t completely clean up the environment you can make a big dent into the problem

Exactly.  You can't just stop fossil fuel usage overnight.  The other thing that always gets me about the energy discussion is the reluctance to accept nuclear energy more broadly in this country.  There's a documentary from about 10 years ago called Pandora's Promise that goes over the numbers on nuclear energy, and it is (or was 10 years ago) the cleanest form of electricity generation per kilowatt generated by a significant degree.  Breeder reactors in particular make storing nuclear waste much more efficient since they generate more fissile material than they consume and they reduce the volume of nuclear waste produced by a factor of 100.  Electricity would be so cheap that electric cars could more easily become the norm.  

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am not a big fan of people that change gender and then play sports and get an unfair advantage. It does not mean that I am against LGBTQ. It means maybe we should have sports that allow just for that. It is unfair for a woman to have to compete with somebody that used to be a man. 

I am not not a fan of Racy LGPDQ shows where children are present. I think that you can have things in schools without doing that. I do believe there a right to exist, and the cancel culture like the whole Bud Light thing is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that it just drove them to another beer that Anheuser-Busch owned anyway so they didn’t really lose any money that’s why they’re stock. Price didn’t deviate that much.

I tend to agree with you a bit here as well.  I know several trans people and they are all good people with good hearts to a person; I am definitely pro-LGBTQ, but I'm not for abandoning biological reality, either.  Allowing trans women to compete in all-woman's sports is not really a very pro-woman thing to do when you think about it.  But there more might be a solution by requiring trans-athletes to have the same hormone levels as is biologically typical before allowing them to compete.  

With regards to things like drag and children, I think it's fine as long as it's not racy.  In my school, the drama club that did the school plays was predominantly made up of girls, so it was very common to see things like females playing male roles and no one batted an eye.  

Cancel culture really worries me on college and university campuses.  These are places where radical new ideas are supposed to be given a chance to be heard, and then put up for scrutiny by academic peers.  Filling a lecture hall and screaming at the top of your lungs to prevent another from even speaking is a remarkably disturbing shift from this decorum, and I find that trend abhorrent.  

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Then there are things that I can speak on personally, the military budget is extremely over inflated. We have the largest military in the world by far and we gave way too much to the military industrial complex as somebody who was in the military, and was actually in charge of their spending as one of my duties. It is embarrassing to tell you how much we paid for things that you can get at Walmart for considerably cheaper and you have to do that because if you don’t spend all the money if they didn’t punish you for doing that I could’ve easily saved the Air Force a lot of money by just price comparison shopping

Military bloat is a fantastic example of how quickly people can be divided when there tends to be a lot of agreement.  The military is probably the most liked of all government institutions atm.  It's also the backbone of our clout in foreign affairs.  Unfortunately, any discussions about making the military "leaner" are instantly cast as anti-American.  

Overall, I think most Americans would still like to see us as the strongest military in the world by far, but without the exorbitant price-gouging during procurement by defense contractors.  I saw a PBS Special about this not too long ago where some basic medical device that goes for $15 on the open market costs the military $600 to purchase.  

• Like (+1) 1