Tua Answers Media Question Too Honestly

BillsShredder83

On 6/20/2023 at 7:14 PM, stinky finger said:

Mac Jones, Jack Eichel and Josh Roshen would all be on my Mt. Rushmore of punchable faces. I struggle to come up with a fourth.

Maybe I'll just punch one of them twice.

Since you're mixing sports, how the heck is Brad Marchand not on this list?

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

But the great QB's are not dink and dunk checkdown artists.  I will never agree with that assessment.  And Josh Allen will never be that.  Nor should he be.  That's like when people have a tremendous sports car and are afraid to drive it over 55 miles per hour.  Just a waste of a special machine.  

Did the "special machine" John Elway win championships while he was young and athletically elite? Did Cunningham or Vick or Newton or Jeff George or Lamar Jackson or YOUNG Steve Young win championships? Brett Favre won only one championship being a relentless gunslinger. 

Manning and Brady weren't notoriously aggressive downfield throwers over the spans of their careers. 

• Agree 3

15 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Did the "special machine" John Elway win championships while he was young and athletically elite? Did Cunningham or Vick or Newton or Jeff George or Lamar Jackson or YOUNG Steve Young win championships? Brett Favre won only one championship being a relentless gunslinger. 

Manning and Brady weren't notoriously aggressive downfield throwers over the spans of their careers. 

You can spin your narrative any way you like.  Every NFL QB has to be able to throw the ball down the field into tight windows with anticipation.  The great ones just do it better then the rest.  Does that mean they won lots of Super Bowls?  Not necessarily.  Football is a team game.  You need a very good team around you to win Super Bowls.  Look at Eli Manning.  An above average QB at best, who won two Super Bowls.  

And John Elway NEVER was a dink and dunk check down QB.  He won two Super Bowls because he had an amazing O line with an elite RB in Terrell Davis at the end of his career.

You had better go watch film of Peyton Manning my friend.  He was always throwing down the field to Marvin Harrison Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.    

16 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Im flabberghasted that anyone would try to make the point youre responding to here.  Yes, as we all know, And1 Mixtape football is what wins championships lol

Ill be the first to advocate for Josh to become a dink n dunk QB! The teams and QBs that have done that have done it, consistently, moving the ball up and down the field. Brady did it for a decade!  Every team knew thats what was coming, and there was 10years of tape on it, yet couldnt stop it. Josh being able to snap off 40yard runs is the icing, not the cake.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You can spin your narrative any way you like.  Every NFL QB has to be able to throw the ball down the field into tight windows with anticipation.  The great ones just do it better then the rest.  Does that mean they won lots of Super Bowls?  Not necessarily.  Football is a team game.  You need a very good team around you to win Super Bowls.  Look at Eli Manning.  An above average QB at best, who won two Super Bowls.  

And John Elway NEVER was a dink and dunk check down QB.  He won two Super Bowls because he had an amazing O line with an elite RB in Terrell Davis at the end of his career.

You had better go watch film of Peyton Manning my friend.  He was always throwing down the field to Marvin Harrison Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.    

Tom Brady lived on the slot WR's between Edelman, Amendola and Welker.  His other go to target was Gronk.

The only real deep threat that Brady had was Moss for a few years.  Outside of that, he was a QB that methodically moved the ball down field.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2

On 6/20/2023 at 12:22 PM, benderbender said:

He was a long shot to become great. He throws left despite being right-handed, he's small and apparently frail but you can't say he doesn't have heart. After seeing his eggs get scrambled the first time, I've become concerned for him. Then got laughed at by Dolphins fans who just replied with "you're just mad you got beat by a backup." After the second time when his vape smoking coach got zero flak for sending him back in for his brains to get further folded into an omelet, I wanted accountability for his protection. There still hasn't been. The LaBatard homers still would rather blame the entire sport, or helmet technology than the one person who was ultimately responsible for the welfare of his players. That's why McDaniel's snark to reporters isn't cute to me, or his low budget custom t-shirts didn't make me chuckle. 

Speaking of helmet technology, Tua could clearly benefit from wearing the Guardian cap IMO.     Something the NFL has already tested last preseason with good results. https://guardiansports.com/guardian-caps/

4 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

It’s obvious what a great kid Tua is. The cloud that hangs over him(concussion history) is scary.

The cloud hangs over every person that needs better protection on initial impact from the helmets they are wearing IMO. Bikes, motorcycles, construction workers. The list goes on and on. Ongoing head injuries have a cumulative effect. Something the guardian cap help reduce both short and long term.

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Figster said:

The cloud hangs over every person that needs better protection on initial impact from the helmets they are wearing IMO. Bikes, motorcycles, construction workers. The list goes on and on. Ongoing head injuries have a cumulative effect. Something the guardian cap help reduce both short and long term.

Are they allowed to wear it in game though? Haven't seen it? They could paint one up to make it blend better, would be good for the kid

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Are they allowed to wear it in game though? Haven't seen it? They could paint one up to make it blend better, would be good for the kid

Very good question. One Tua needs to ask IMO. Kid was born to play football. As far as looks, I agree. Many ways to make them more attractive to the athletes wearing them IMO. What looks good to me as a viewer is seeing our star athletes healthy and on the playing field.

On 7/2/2023 at 4:13 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-expands-rule-against-misuse-of-helmet-guardian-caps-required-in-regular-seas

“2. The Guardian Caps that were worn during training camps last season will now be mandated at every preseason practice, as well as every regular-season and postseason practice with contact. Players at position groups where head contact is seen most are required to wear the Guardian Cap, with running backs and fullbacks joining the previously included linemen and linebackers. The only positions not required to wear the caps are kickers, punters, quarterbacks, wide receivers and defensive backs.

Last season, players were only required to wear the caps up to the second preseason game, although several teams wore them throughout the season. The league's data showed that if one player is wearing the Guardian Cap at the time of a helmet hit, the cap will absorb 11 to 12 percent of the force. If both players are wearing the cap and have a helmet-to-helmet hit, the force of the impact is reduced by around 20 percent.“

Looks like the NFL is moving toward using them more. No word on regular season game use however. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:25 AM, Irv said:

Tua seems like a good guy.  Hopefully he doesn't get concussed seven more times like he did last season season.  

Tua is a great guy. His teammates at Alabama loved him. Even the ever so serious Nick Saban would rave about him at press conferences. Saban once said that Tua was so well mannered that being around him was making him more polite (perhaps a dubious claim).

Here is a clip of Tua talking about dealing with Coach Saban; it's one of my favorite Crimson Tide videos.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.