Isiah Kiner-Falefa steals home against Mets

Nextmanup

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Interesting thing about that play is that I think the pitcher tried to drill the batter to prevent the run from scoing. 

Or he may have seen him after starting his pitch and it threw him off.

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Interesting thing about that play is that I think the pitcher tried to drill the batter to prevent the run from scoing. 

Nah, it was a garbage pitch.  I don't think he ever saw him at all.

He was totally focused on the batter.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was halfway down the line before the pitcher started his throw.  

That lead off was incredible!  And the 3rd baseman was playing pretty far off the bag too.

If the pitcher had looked over with the guy standing 45 feet from 3rd base, they could have shut that thing down very easily.  Probably would've ended in a pickle.  

Still a fun play to see though!

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That lead off was incredible!  And the 3rd baseman was playing pretty far off the bag too.

If the pitcher had looked over with the guy standing 45 feet from 3rd base, they could have shut that thing down very easily.  Probably would've ended in a pickle.  

I agree with everything but not seeing IKF at all.  There's no way he couldn't have seen him sometime during his pitch.

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You may be right. You also may be wrong. It's unlikely we'll ever know, but I think/suspect he tried to drill the batter when he either caught IKF coming down the line or heard his teammates yelling that he was coming down the line as that would have sent IKF back to 3rd. Said it to my son right after I saw teh replay and the next inning the ESPN crew speculated the same. 

34 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Mets catcher should have seen what was happening and signaled the pitcher.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Why would he go from the

long wind up? 

it was so slow he was 1/2 there and running full speed by the release time lol

gotta go stretch

My guess is that a simple look over to third from the reliever would have stopped the play in its tracks - regardless whether he went stretch or full.

Maybe the Yankees knew a tendency, maybe they saw something in real time, either way good for them.  I'm a big time Mets fan so of course it was painful to see. But I'm also a big time baseball fan and can appreciate that the (hated) Yankees took advantage. Great play for the Yanks, embarrassing play for the Mets - however it went down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.