Inside the NFL moving to the CW network

Albany,n.y.

On non-pay TV for the 1st time in 2023.  I cancelled my Paramount + subscription.  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/inside-the-nfl-moving-the-cw-1235509218/

Hosts and producers for the show will be announced later. CBS Sports’ James Brown hosted the past several seasons along with former players Phil Simms, Brandon Marshall, Ray Lewis and Julian Edelman.

Inside the NFL debuted on HBO in 1977 and ran for 31 years before moving to Showtime in 2008. Following more than a decade there, it moved to Paramount+ in 2021.

The show will make its CW debut at 8 p.m. Sept. 5 and run there (as well as on the network’s streaming app) throughout the NFL season. That will also result in some changes to The CW’s previously announced fall schedule, with details to be announced later.

26 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

On non-pay TV for the 1st time in 2023.  I cancelled my Paramount + subscription.  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/inside-the-nfl-moving-the-cw-1235509218/

Hosts and producers for the show will be announced later. CBS Sports’ James Brown hosted the past several seasons along with former players Phil Simms, Brandon Marshall, Ray Lewis and Julian Edelman.

Inside the NFL debuted on HBO in 1977 and ran for 31 years before moving to Showtime in 2008. Following more than a decade there, it moved to Paramount+ in 2021.

The show will make its CW debut at 8 p.m. Sept. 5 and run there (as well as on the network’s streaming app) throughout the NFL season. That will also result in some changes to The CW’s previously announced fall schedule, with details to be announced later.

Lewis and Edelman? Ick glad I quit watching it when it left HBO. 

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Used to LOVE "inside the NFL" on HBO with Len Dawson, Nick Buoniconti, Cris Collinsworth, and Dan Marino joined a bit later....

Loved the NFL Films highlights of the games from the preceding week along with their picks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

They haven't said who will be on yet.  They also have Michael Irvin on the Paramount + broadcasts some weeks.  

32 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Used to LOVE "inside the NFL" on HBO with Len Dawson, Nick Buoniconti, Cris Collinsworth, and Dan Marino joined a bit later....

Loved the NFL Films highlights of the games from the preceding week along with their picks.

Nick & Len were the best.  I ended up really liking Nick, even though he was a former Dolphin & Patriot.  A few years ago they did a documentary on Nick after he was already ill-it was very sad seeing him in his final years.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

This show was popular in the 1980’s I would watch it on HBO with Len and Nick. But that was to see a good recap of the league highlights in depth because that is all we had technically wise back then in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

It was pretty much all that was out there.  I loved the NFL films highlights from the various games with the dramatic music and slow motion and what not...plus lots of "on an open mic" moments you would never see on tv.

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Must have been losing viewers.

Why did you cancel your subscription?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Must have been losing viewers.

Why did you cancel your subscription?

Inside the NFL was the main reason I originally subscribed, along with The Good Fight.  Now they're both gone.  I liked Tulsa King and Mayor of Kingstown, but they're not worth paying for when there's nothing else I watch on there.  I have Showtime already as part of my TV package so I have no incentive to buy the combined package.  If the show fails to get enough viewers on The CW, the only place left to go will be NFL Network- they used to show episodes after they aired on Showtime.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yep , used to be a great show. Was must see TV for NFL fans 

This used to be my favorite show - back with Len and Nick.  I continued to enjoy it to some extent after that.  It's gotten worse and worse over the years.  Brandon Marshall is terrible and I can't stand watching him. Ray Lewis is better, but not that much.  I stopped watching in the last few years for a number of reasons:

• The decrease in quality of the show, as mentioned above
  • The fact that it keeps moving from network to network, so it's hard to find
  • NFL highlights are available in numerous different places these days, so the value of the highlights isn't what it once was

On 6/14/2023 at 4:42 PM, Nextmanup said:

loved it then.  I remember when it was just Len and Nick

We only had ESPN so Inside gave a much deeper perspective and really made the game feel special

At least to me...I was also young then so that may skew my perspective

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.