Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

2023 HOF CLASS.

The 2023 NHL Hockey Hall of Fame class was announced on Wednesday, headlined by a trio of former superstar goaltenders.

Henrik Lundqvist, Pierre Turgeon, Mike Vernon, Tom Barrasso and Caroline Ouellette headlined the Hockey Hall of Fame five-player 2023 class by the league on Wednesday.

Ken Hitchcock and Pierre Lacroix will also be included as builders.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

2023 HOF CLASS.

The 2023 NHL Hockey Hall of Fame class was announced on Wednesday, headlined by a trio of former superstar goaltenders.

Henrik Lundqvist, Pierre Turgeon, Mike Vernon, Tom Barrasso and Caroline Ouellette headlined the Hockey Hall of Fame five-player 2023 class by the league on Wednesday.

Ken Hitchcock and Pierre Lacroix will also be included as builders.

Glad to see Turgeon and Barrasso.

But Mogilny should have been included too IMO.

• Agree 2

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-jets-and-flames-popular-in-trade-buzz~2711866

Pierre LeBrun saying Connor Hellebuyck is interested in being traded to the Devils and signing an extension there. Ive been saying that I’d love to trade for Hellebuyck but if his reported contract demands are true I have no interest. Lebrun saying he wants something like the Vasilevskiy deal - 8 years at $9.5M.

I mean, he has every right to want to be paid like an elite goaltender but that is not something I’m interested in. It would be too hard to trade and I don’t want to freeze out Levi.

After seeing the trade Barry Trotz made today as his first trade as Nashville’s new GM, Kevyn Adams needs to be calling about Saros! 

Ryan Johansen for the rights to a guy who’s a free agent in a week and spent last year in the AHL. And Nashville retained 50% on RyJo’s contract! 😂

https://apnews.com/article/predators-trade-ryan-johanson-to-avalanche-4c0cf833f5c319a2618ec668470e3568

I sure hope Adams at least calls about Saros. It would be the perfect goalie for the Sabres and perfect mentor for Levi. Saros has 2yrs left on his deal and Levi has said Saros is his role model. He studies Saros’ play style, and Saros actually said Levi is one of the goalies he watches too. Both are smaller goaltenders and play a similar style. Levi could learn a lot from Saros.

Saros is what we hope Levi will turn into one day. If the price is right the Sabres should be all over it. It might not cost as much as I thought…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This was leaked on the Isles site. The NHL schedule is to be released today but it looks like the Sabres are coming to UBS on Saturday Oct 14th.

Later today, the NHL will officially be releasing the 2023-24 regular season schedule for all 32 teams. 

Our Stefen Rosner, per sources, has a few dates he can share before the official drop.

The New York Islanders will host the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday, Oct. 14. 

The Islanders will not play the New York Rangers until the second half of the season when the two take to the outdoors on Feb. 18 at MetLife Stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

Ullmark won the Vezina award for the NHL’s best goalie of 2022/23.

https://www.nhl.com/news/bruins-linus-ullmark-wins-vezina-trophy/c-345017014

I like what Adams has done but I still say letting Ullmark walk over a couple years of term was his biggest mistake. He’s under contract for 2 more seasons in Boston. Even if Buffalo gave him a 5yr deal (instead of 4 like Boston) it would’ve been fine. He wouldn’t have been blocking anyone the last 2 years or the next couple either. And he had no issue splitting the crease with Swayman in Boston (he was super supportive of swayman. Their “goalie hugs” after every game even became a thing) so I’m sure he would’ve been fine doing it here in Buffalo with Levi.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ullmark won the Vezina award for the NHL’s best goalie of 2022/23.

https://www.nhl.com/news/bruins-linus-ullmark-wins-vezina-trophy/c-345017014

I like what Adams has done but I still say letting Ullmark walk over a couple years of term was his biggest mistake. He’s under contract for 2 more seasons in Boston. Even if Buffalo gave him a 5yr deal (instead of 4 like Boston) it would’ve been fine. He wouldn’t have been blocking anyone the last 2 years or the next couple either. And he had no issue splitting the crease with Swayman in Boston (he was super supportive of swayman. Their “goalie hugs” after every game even became a thing) so I’m sure he would’ve been fine doing it here in Buffalo with Levi.

Linus Ullmark has himself to blame why he isn’t with the Buffalo Sabres anymore. Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams wants players that want to be Buffalo Sabres. Does a player willing to take less money to sign with the hated Boston Bruins while asking more from the Buffalo Sabres that took the time to develop him sound like a player that wants to be a Buffalo Sabres player? To me no Linus Ullmark was in different being a Buffalo Sabres like Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart and Rasmus Ristolainen were like that as to why Linus Ullmark wasn’t resigned. You can’t win with players like that valuing money over team loyalty. The Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams made the right decision here on “Benedict Arnold” Linus Ullmark running to the hated Boston Bruins he can rot with the Boston Bruins the trader. The Boston Bruins, Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox suck in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Who we drafting tonight?  

Odd they would have the draft Wed and Thurs and not Thurs and Fri. But then this Sat is 7/1 the start of FA. Big week with the draft and FA here. Have no clue about the NHL draft. This isn't the NFL draft where CFB is big business, and you have an idea of who the players are. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Linus Ullmark has himself to blame why he isn’t with the Buffalo Sabres anymore. Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams wants players that want to be Buffalo Sabres. Does a player willing to take less money to sign with the hated Boston Bruins while asking more from the Buffalo Sabres that took the time to develop him sound like a player that wants to be a Buffalo Sabres player? To me no Linus Ullmark was in different being a Buffalo Sabres like Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart and Rasmus Ristolainen were like that as to why Linus Ullmark wasn’t resigned. You can’t win with players like that valuing money over team loyalty. The Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams made the right decision here on “Benedict Arnold” Linus Ullmark running to the hated Boston Bruins he can rot with the Boston Bruins the trader. The Boston Bruins, Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox suck in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

ok you want to play GPT-4

"It seems like you have strong opinions about Linus Ullmark's departure from the Buffalo Sabres and his decision to sign with the Boston Bruins. It's not uncommon for players to make choices based on various factors, including their personal and professional goals, financial considerations, and team dynamics. While loyalty to a team is valued by fans, it's important to remember that players have their own career paths to consider.

The decisions made by the Buffalo Sabres' management are based on various factors, including team chemistry, financial considerations, and long-term planning. It's understandable that you may have strong feelings about the situation, but it's important to express opinions respectfully and avoid personal attacks.

Every fan is entitled to their own preferences and opinions about sports teams. If you have any other topics or questions you'd like to discuss, feel free to let me know!"

Screenshot_3.png

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Who we drafting tonight?  

Who knows, the NHL draft typically after the top 3 picks is a crap shoot to say the least. I would think it be a Dman since the pipeline not as full as the forwards are but we're also looking for a guy who might not be here for another 3-4 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

It was reported that he wanted to be in Buffalo. He just wanted term on his contract (I believe the report was 5 years) and Adams wasn’t willing to give him term. He wanted Ullmark on a short term deal.

To me that sounds like a player who wants to be in Buffalo 🤷‍♂️

Comparing Ullmark to Eichel is silly. Ullmark never once bad mouthed Buffalo or complained about being here. He never sulked or pouted. He was always a good Buffalo Sabre and great in the locker room. Always upbeat.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Good thread.

his relentlessness pursuing pucks on the forecheck and backcheck is one of my favorite parts of his game and why I wanted Buffalo to run up to the podium to draft him when he was still on the board. He just has an uncanny ability to recover the puck.

i can’t wait to see this kid develop!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Tough break for Quinn and the Sabres.

B8ADF374-D4E3-409A-9333-8E7DD45FE173.jpeg

Damn that suuckks! What a bummer.

but I guess looking at the bright side it could afford a prospect a longer look and/or NHL spot. There were a few guys already knocking on the door. This may open a spot.