Buffalo the Beast of the east!

Billsfanatixs

5 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I live in the Green Bay market. Just like Russell Wilson was washed up and the media refused to report on it until it was too obvious to ignore - Rogers is washed up (and a nut job) but the media reports on it like he is MVP Rodgers. It makes for a better off season drama story and the plane crash that will follow during this season writes itself every week as he throws picks, gets crucified by the NY media and then lashes out....

not worried about the jets, not worried about the pats*, miami will be a problem but i can't see their pastel capris wearing  south beach eff boy coach out dueling us over a full season

With the hip injury he suffered at Alabama plus the concussions last year I don't see Tua playing a full season. He just can't stay healthy. Mike White is a decent backup but if he has to be the guy, I don't see them winning the division from the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Even if the Dolphins get Cook, I am still more concerned about the Jets. Rodgers and that defense will be the Bills biggest challenge in the division. But the Fins do have a good roster as well just that Tua isn't nearly as good as Rodgers.

Idk.

The Jets O ain't that much better than GB and Rodgers got 8 wins in a terrible division and conference 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

The AFC East arms race is real, Dalvin reportedly signing with Dolphins. 

Very little content to this post. Just thinking WOW! Glad Pegula & Beane went wild, smartest team build I have ever witnessed.

I'm sure we all are trusting we won't be in cap hell down the road. If we win this year, I don't care. Prefer not, but for a RING, we will be ok!

There's no way we'll be in cap hell.  About 3/4 of the team are on a 1-year deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Idk.

The Jets O ain't that much better than GB and Rodgers got 8 wins in a terrible division and conference 

I hope you are right. It's only June and the NYC media hype on them is annoying already. 

Every team has improved.  Media is focused on Aaron and Jalen Ramsey, and some other choice deals.  But our team has more improved than anybody in the league.  WR, OL, DL, TE, RB all improved with signings and draft picks.  Safety improved with the return of Hyde AND Poyer, and Rapp, not to mention the return of Damar.  Cornerback is improved with healthy T. White, second year Elam, Benford, and others including draft choice and free agent signings.  We lost Edmunds, but I think they had decided to shift to a new more aggressive type defense. 

Watch out.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I hope you are right. It's only June and the NYC media hype on them is annoying already. 

Oh I know.  I don't call in to radio much but I got into 2 arguments with Craig n Carton. Can't stand hearing Jets n SB in the same sentence.  Playoffs i get but SB whenyou haven'thad a winning record in a decade?? Killed em with facts! They got butt hurt

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

I think we are the best team and sit atop the division but from an unbiased fan of the sport standpoint, the other teams aren’t that far behind going into this season; on paper. 

Every team isn’t that bad or devoid of talent and probably has their chance to duke it out and make most games in their schedule competitive. 

Bills > Fish > Jets > Cheats

Might be 2a/2b for that second spot; toss up between NYJ & MIA. 

For 2023 the Buffalo Bills are the best in the AFC East until proven otherwise. But this is probably the last season the Bills are serious Super Bowl contenders for a while because the cap is going to see some really good veteran players go which unfortunately is part of NFL business.
Buffalo Bills GM Brandon Beane and his staff need to do a better job in the NFL draft replacing some of these aging veteran players like Poyer, Hyde and Von Miller if the Bills are going to stay on top of the AFC East Division.

For the record I am on record as a Buffalo sports fan this will never change with me as a Buffalo sports fan of 49 years and counting. If the Buffalo Bills or any Buffalo sports teams professional or college slip out of the playoffs or tournament or bowl spots just once I clean house completely GM, Athletic Director in major college Division I sports, coaches and players including the give me give college athletes with NIL. Colorado Buffaloes head coach Deion Sanders is right just go we will find better it’s the only way to keep up the standards there is zero reason to at the very least not make the playoffs or college tournament or bowl games in sports regardless of the sport professional or college in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

19 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

For 2023 the Buffalo Bills are the best in the AFC East until proven otherwise. But this is probably the last season the Bills are serious Super Bowl contenders for a while because the cap is going to see some really good veteran players go which unfortunately is part of NFL business.
Buffalo Bills GM Brandon Beane and his staff need to do a better job in the NFL draft replacing some of these aging veteran players like Poyer, Hyde and Von Miller if the Bills are going to stay on top of the AFC East Division.

For the record I am on record as a Buffalo sports fan this will never change with me as a Buffalo sports fan of 49 years and counting. If the Buffalo Bills or any Buffalo sports teams professional or college slip out of the playoffs or tournament or bowl spots just once I clean house completely GM, Athletic Director in major college Division I sports, coaches and players including the give me give college athletes with NIL. Colorado Buffaloes head coach Deion Sanders is right just go we will find better it’s the only way to keep up the standards there is zero reason to at the very least not make the playoffs or college tournament or bowl games in sports regardless of the sport professional or college in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Thank you for sharing. I like recipe threads, and yours sounds like the Browns recipe for disaster. Changing for the sake of change does not guarantee success, and if there is someone better out there…..why are they available? 

I like our path just fine. We can certainly do some things better, but I like where we sit. I wouldn’t tear that down after a single bad season. 

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

Even if the Dolphins get Cook, I am still more concerned about the Jets. Rodgers and that defense will be the Bills biggest challenge in the division. But the Fins do have a good roster as well just that Tua isn't nearly as good as Rodgers.

I actually prefer that the AFCE is gonna be a challenge most games even outside of normal divisional familiarity.  The team is gonna really need to focus on every game and I rather they get hit in the mouth so to speak if they aren't all there.  I want to see the Bills clearly dominate each opponent of course but I'll live with steady consistent effort  every game even if there's a few close hard fought losses. With the provision that they do win division and are in the mix for 1 seed throughout the season.  If another team plays better than they at least deserve the win in my view.   However they will be battle tested and better prepared for playoff run than if they don't have any serious competition.  

8 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Every team has improved.  Media is focused on Aaron and Jalen Ramsey, and some other choice deals.  But our team has more improved than anybody in the league.  WR, OL, DL, TE, RB all improved with signings and draft picks.  Safety improved with the return of Hyde AND Poyer, and Rapp, not to mention the return of Damar.  Cornerback is improved with healthy T. White, second year Elam, Benford, and others including draft choice and free agent signings.  We lost Edmunds, but I think they had decided to shift to a new more aggressive type defense. 

Watch out.

Every team thinks they improved but is obviously not true.

We will see when the games are played

14 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Every team thinks they improved but is obviously not true.

We will see when the games are played

Every team is different and the games will show the differences  and determine the best adjusted teams.

Edited by AuntieEm

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Thank you for sharing. I like recipe threads, and yours sounds like the Browns recipe for disaster. Changing for the sake of change does not guarantee success, and if there is someone better out there…..why are they available? 

I like our path just fine. We can certainly do some things better, but I like where we sit. I wouldn’t tear that down after a single bad season. 

Would you consider an OC change if Dorsey is awful this year? 

Would you consider a new DC if McD has too much on his plate? 

Would you consider a head coaching change if McD and the Bills miss the playoffs? Lose early in the playoffs? 

Would you consider a GM change if Beane's moves don't yield positive results? 

Would you have liked to see the Bills hire Sean Payton? Perhaps an offensive minded coach? 

At what point do you think changes might need to be made? 

It's all conjecture but it would be nice to see people's thought process. No easy answers.

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Would you consider an OC change if Dorsey is awful this year? 

Would you consider a new DC if McD has too much on his plate? 

Would you consider a head coaching change if McD and the Bills miss the playoffs? Lose early in the playoffs? 

Would you consider a GM change if Beane's moves don't yield positive results? 

Would you have liked to see the Bills hire Sean Payton? Perhaps an offensive minded coach? 

At what point do you think changes might need to be made? 

It's all conjecture but it would be nice to see people's thought process. No easy answers.

Hypotheticals bore me. I try to consider everything. Dorsey is my biggest concern. By far. 

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Fish getting Cook takes a lot of heat off Tua.  They were a dumpster fire two years ago, now they're an actual threat.

Not sure I agree with the take, since I remember they added Jeff Wilson Jr. from Frisco niners, around the same week Tua came back, so I dont see the upgrade if they go from Jeff to Dalvin as their primary back... just my 2 cents! 

Edited by BuffaL0L0k0

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.