Buffalo the Beast of the east!

Billsfanatixs

The AFC East arms race is real, Dalvin reportedly signing with Dolphins. 

Very little content to this post. Just thinking WOW! Glad Pegula & Beane went wild, smartest team build I have ever witnessed.

I'm sure we all are trusting we won't be in cap hell down the road. If we win this year, I don't care. Prefer not, but for a RING, we will be ok!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Very little content to this post. Just thinking WOW! Glad Pegula & Beane went wild, smartest team build I have ever witnessed.

I'm sure we all are trusting we won't be in cap hell down the road. If we win this year, I don't care. Prefer not, but for a RING, we will be ok!

Where is it being reported? Nothing I see says that.

EDIT: I'm seeing that Cook hasn't even officially been released yet. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Agree 1

Even if the Dolphins get Cook, I am still more concerned about the Jets. Rodgers and that defense will be the Bills biggest challenge in the division. But the Fins do have a good roster as well just that Tua isn't nearly as good as Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

5 hours ago, Billsfanatixs said:

Cook hasn't even been released yet. They are still trying to trade him and likely will release him by the end of today if they can't.

Miami is in the mix but apparently the Broncos are going to heavily pursue him as well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Fish getting Cook takes a lot of heat off Tua.  They were a dumpster fire two years ago, now they're an actual threat.

It doesn’t really
If you’re going to run the ball, you’re going to take the ball out of tuas ants they have the same offense of line problems that we had last year

There was nothing wrong with the running backs that they had going into the season

Miami still has the same problem that they have had the quarterback can’t hold up

Minnesota, with plenty of cap space, in win now mode in a conference that is atrocious, is cutting him.  

That tells me all I need to know.  

He’s washed.  Going to be 28 next month I’m sure he’s lost 2, 3 or 5 steps.  Lots of wear on him.   

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Minnesota, with plenty of cap space, in win now mode in a conference that is atrocious, is cutting him.  

He’s washed.  Going to be 28 next month I’m sure he’s lost 2, 3 or 5 steps.  Lots of wear on him.   

Definitely concerning that they are cutting him but last year, after a slow start, Cook still finished with almost 1500 total yards and 10 touchdowns. He’s on the downslope but still a quality back.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Even if the Dolphins get Cook, I am still more concerned about the Jets. Rodgers and that defense will be the Bills biggest challenge in the division. But the Fins do have a good roster as well just that Tua isn't nearly as good as Rodgers.

I don't share this concern for a variety of reasons.  First off, Rodgers now is not the same as he was even 2-3 years ago. Not only did it seem like last year he wasn't as good skill wise...his mindset seems way different as well. I don't see that drive to win football games in him anymore. I see the drive to make money.

Second, the Jets had a terrible OL last year and did little to improve it. Rodgers should be prepared to be hit...a LOT. Then you have Hall coming off a major injury. They have gotten older and slower on offense by bringing in the ex Packers that Rodgers is buddies with while trading away a very talented young WR.

Also, you have a boisterous blowhard of a meathead coach in Saleh who placed his team with the Bills, Bengals and KC as Super Bowl contenders before playing a down. Last year he was all about "keeping receipts" with the media...and I'm sure the media remembers that. What happens if they start slow? This is the start to the Jet season:

Buffalo on MNF

@Dallas

New England

Kansas City SNF

@Denver

Philly

Giants

@Chargers

Starting 1-3 with 2 national games is very plausible. Being 3-5 after 8 games is very realistic. The media will be ALL over it due to the expectations...something that a you g team in the Jets did not have last year. I see a HUGE implosion coming their way.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I don't share this concern for a variety of reasons.  First off, Rodgers now is not the same as he was even 2-3 years ago. Not only did it seem like last year he wasn't as good skill wise...his mindset seems way different as well. I don't see that drive to win football games in him anymore. I see the drive to make money.

Second, the Jets had a terrible OL last year and did little to improve it. Rodgers should be prepared to be hit...a LOT. Then you have Hall coming off a major injury. They have gotten older and slower on offense by bringing in the ex Packers that Rodgers is buddies with while trading away a very talented young WR.

Also, you have a boisterous blowhard of a meathead coach in Saleh who placed his team with the Bills, Bengals and KC as Super Bowl contenders before playing a down. Last year he was all about "keeping receipts" with the media...and I'm sure the media remembers that. What happens if they start slow? This is the start to the Jet season:

Buffalo on MNF

@Dallas

New England

Kansas City SNF

@Denver

Philly

Giants

@Chargers

Starting 1-3 with 2 national games is very plausible. Being 3-5 after 8 games is very realistic. The media will be ALL over it due to the expectations...something that a you g team in the Jets did not have last year. I see a HUGE implosion coming their way.

I hope you are right. Didn't Rodgers play with a broken finger last year. He may not be in his prime, but he is a major upgrade over Wilson, White, and Flacco. Last year the Jets played the Bills tough in both games. That defense is legit. I think they were ranked #5 last year who did a good job against Allen and company. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I hope you are right. Didn't Rodgers play with a broken finger last year. He may not be in his prime, but he is a major upgrade over Wilson, White, and Flacco. Last year the Jets played the Bills tough in both games. That defense is legit. I think they were ranked #5 last year who did a good job against Allen and company. 

The defense is good. But I really don't think it's as good as most say. They got a LOT of calls in their favor last year with refs letting Sauce abuse WRs down field. That will come to an end eventually. And while they did do a good job on the Bills, it's up to Dorsey year 2 to adapt and adjust what the do against them. 

Last year the Jet D was the strength bof their team. The year before with he same scheme and many of the same players they were bottom of the league. People forget that. I think last year they played a lot of bad offenses which helped them look better as well. Now, this isn't saying that defense is bad. The truth is likely somewhere in between what they were 2 years ago and what they were last year. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure they have plenty of cap space. They’re prepping to destroy the receiver market with Jefferson’s new deal. 

The Pats are a shadow of their former selves

Tua is just as fragile as he has always been, with a questionable Oline

The Jets have an old QB that has talent but questionable drive, with a HC that’s a blow hard, and a iffy O line

We have Allen, a notably better O line than last season, better RBs better over all receivers, and an improved defense

Sure the games will be tough, in conference games alway are,  who do you have your money on in the AFCE??

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I live in the Green Bay market. Just like Russell Wilson was washed up and the media refused to report on it until it was too obvious to ignore - Rogers is washed up (and a nut job) but the media reports on it like he is MVP Rodgers. It makes for a better off season drama story and the plane crash that will follow during this season writes itself every week as he throws picks, gets crucified by the NY media and then lashes out....

not worried about the jets, not worried about the pats*, miami will be a problem but i can't see their pastel capris wearing  south beach eff boy coach out dueling us over a full season

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.