RFK Jr.

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

‘Organic Violence’? That’s a new one. Keep going C3PO, you’re on a roll today. 

Recent 911 call on COPS

Operator:  911, what is your emergency?

Victim: My house has been set ablaze, my dog shot, and I was physically assaulted with a baseball bat.

O:  Can you describe the violence?

V:  I feel like I just did. 

O:  Was it organic violence?

V:  Yes, several of my organs were impacted by the violence.  I believe I have a collapsed lung, a bruised liver and kidneys, and several broken ribs;

O:  Ok, was the violence catalyzed?

V:  I don't know what that means?

O:  Me neither, but it's on the sheet. This is Portland breh. 

V.  LOL. It hurts to laugh, and I'm bleeding from the rectum. 

O:  LOL.  Ok, we'll get a car out to you in a few hours.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Recent 911 call on COPS

Operator:  911, what is your emergency?

Victim: My house has been set ablaze, my dog shot, and I was physically assaulted with a baseball bat.

O:  Can you describe the violence?

V:  I feel like I just did. 

O:  Was it organic violence?

V:  Yes, several of my organs were impacted by the violence.  I believe I have a collapsed lung, a bruised liver and kidneys, and several broken ribs;

O:  Ok, was the violence catalyzed?

V:  I don't know what that means?

O:  Me neither, but it's on the sheet. This is Portland breh. 

V.  LOL. It hurts to laugh, and I'm bleeding from the rectum. 

O:  LOL.  Ok, we'll get a car out to you in a few hours.

You forgot this one:

Was the organic violence perpetrated by someone claiming to be upset about something that happened months ago, far from your location, in no way associated with you personally, and that didn’t directly impact them? 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yes, the big difference is that in the case of the former they were unsuccessful in breaching the security fence. That’s the difference. 

Amazing what proper security can do/prevent, isn't it?

• Agree 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

You forgot this one:

Was the organic violence perpetrated by someone claiming to be upset about something that happened months ago, far from your location, in no way associated with you personally, and that didn’t directly impact them? 

Organic uncatalyzed violence is the best violence of all, I'm told. 

• Agree 1

Once again: the January 6 riots were just a tactic in an overall strategy to subvert the constitution and the electoral process in order to keep Donald Trump in office.

The strategy:

- get Mike Pence to refuse to certify certain state electoral counts. Then return the issue to those state Republican-controlled legislatures. Then have those Republican legislators ignore the will of the people and certify Trump as the "true winner" of their states.

- the tactic: send in rioters to disrupt the certification process (it worked, for a while). Intimidate Mike Pence ("hang Mike Pence!") into doing Trump's bidding (it didn't work, but only because Pence apparently cares about his oath of office)

BLM protests turned very bad in a lot of cities. The violence and destruction is indefensible. But it was not an attempt to subvert the constitution and the electoral process.

Apples and oranges. And as usual the Orange was worse because it was part of an attack on our entire system of governance and not "just rioting."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Once again: the January 6 riots were just a tactic in an overall strategy to subvert the constitution and the electoral process in order to keep Donald Trump in office.

The strategy:

- get Mike Pence to refuse to certify certain state electoral counts. Then return the issue to those state Republican-controlled legislatures. Then have those Republican legislators ignore the will of the people and certify Trump as the "true winner" of their states.

- the tactic: send in rioters to disrupt the certification process (it worked, for a while). Intimidate Mike Pence ("hang Mike Pence!") into doing Trump's bidding (it didn't work, but only because Pence apparently cares about his oath of office)

BLM protests turned very bad in a lot of cities. The violence and destruction is indefensible. But it was not an attempt to subvert the constitution and the electoral process.

Apples and oranges. And as usual the Orange was worse because it was part of an attack on our entire system of governance and not "just rioting."

Frank…your bias showing…just a tad. If you think Trump’s grand plan was to have a guy dressed like a bison lead the charge to “subvert the Constitution”, you may need to re-examine the entire narrative. I’ve never condoned J6 but the post event political opportunism is just over the top. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Frank…your bias showing…just a tad. If you think Trump’s grand plan was to have a guy dressed like a bison lead the charge to “subvert the Constitution”, you may need to re-examine the entire narrative. I’ve never condoned J6 but the post event political opportunism is just over the top. 

No. The Eastman memos lay it out in intricate detail. The mob was doing its part in trying to delay the certification and to intimidate Pence into doing exactly what Trump was urging him to do.

Again ... the mob is not the story. It was a tactic. The cynical attempt to subvert the democratic process is the story. And it is what makes Trump uniquely dangerous in the history of the American presidents.

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I'm not so certain that relying on the thoughts of these particular relatives is necessarily where you want to get your intel. These Kennedy kids tend to be involved in drownings, sexual assault(s), plane crashes, DWIs, addiction and murder at a robust rate.  Where there's smoke, it's not unusual to find a Kennedy. 

It's really sad what has befallen that family.  Must be some truth to selling your soul(s) to the devil.

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. The Eastman memos lay it out in intricate detail. The mob was doing its part in trying to delay the certification and to intimidate Pence into doing exactly what Trump was urging him to do.

Again ... the mob is not the story. It was a tactic. The cynical attempt to subvert the democratic process is the story. And it is what makes Trump uniquely dangerous in the history of the American presidents.

Okie Dokie 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Okie Dokie 

Have you read the Eastman memos?

Do that and then we'll talk.

And what if Pence had done what Trump point-blank told him to do (and then ridiculed his lack of courage for refusing to give in to the boss)? Let's say he'd refused to certify Arizona and another state. Arizona goes back to its Republican legislature and Republican governor. They certify a slate of fake electors. Congress declares Trump the winner.

In retrospect (remember the Cyber Ninjas Republican-sponsored audit), we know that Biden really, really, really DID win Arizona. We would have had a pretender to the presidency. The dangerous thing is it came really close to working, this diabolical scheme. The only person that stood in the way was Mike Pence. He said point blank that he lacked the authority to do what Trump was pressuring him to do. He's said that the Secret Service told him that they should whisk him away to a "safe location." He wouldn't do it. And as a true Christian man, he was not going to violate his oath - an oath on the Bible - to faithfully execute his duties. He stood his ground and did his constitutionally mandated job. Thank you, Mike Pence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

And what if Pence had done what Trump point-blank told him to do (and then ridiculed his lack of courage for refusing to give in to the boss)? Let's say he'd refused to certify Arizona and another state. Arizona goes back to its Republican legislature and Republican governor. They certify a slate of fake electors. Congress declares Trump the winner.

In retrospect (remember the Cyber Ninjas Republican-sponsored audit), we know that Biden really, really, really DID win Arizona. We would have had a pretender to the presidency. The dangerous thing is it came really close to working, this diabolical scheme. The only person that stood in the way was Mike Pence. He said point blank that he lacked the authority to do what Trump was pressuring him to do. He's said that the Secret Service told him that they should whisk him away to a "safe location." He wouldn't do it. And as a true Christian man, he was not going to violate his oath - an oath on the Bible - to faithfully execute his duties. He stood his ground and did his constitutionally mandated job. Thank you, Mike Pence.

Frank, I’m about to catch a plane. I don’t disagree with you, but I have a unique perspective on this entire caper. Maybe we can talk later. 

32 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The strategy:

Awesome.  No wasted words.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And MAGA's despise him for it!  Hate his guts.

Show of hands that would have been happy had the scheme worked would sort the patriots from the pretenders.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The strategy:

Somebody forgot to tell Mike Pence. Otherwise the country would have been screwed. It would have been one of the worst things to ever happen to America!!!

29 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thank you, Mike Pence.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Frank, I’m about to catch a plane. I don’t disagree with you, but I have a unique perspective on this entire caper. Maybe we can talk later. 

It is unique, that’s for sure.  Also deluded, apparently. 

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Somebody forgot to tell Mike Pence. Otherwise the country would have been screwed. It would have been one of the worst things to ever happen to America!!!

So is this sarcasm?  If not, do you believe the country would have been better off with Pence folding like a cheap suit?   I think we're drilling into the core now.  Law and order pfffft...

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thank you, Mike Pence.  

Yes, because he and Epps are playing the villains in your little morality play right now...

Edited by redtail hawk

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So is this sarcasm?  If not, do you believe the country would have been better off with Pence folding like a cheap suit?   I think we're drilling into the core now.  Law and order pfffft...

Yes, because he and Epps are playing the villains in your little morality play right now...

My goodness you're seeing spies everywhere!  

Mike Pence did the right thing.

It's a shame he's the fall guy in some people's eyes, but he's a big boy and he'll handle it.  There is a difference between you and me, Red, but it's not about 1/6 and Mike Pence.  The difference is you supported claims of stolen and illegitimate elections, preposterous though they were, and I did not.  You were cool with the first one (2016), but not the second one (2020).  I think both were an affront to decency and democracy, but if that's the way the game is played, what can one do?   

In fact, I have no doubt that had an honest democrat spoken out against the national trauma inflicted upon the country during the Russia hoax and Mueller --and to be clear, there weren't any to be found--mainstream dems and supporters would have Penced him or worse.  You would probably be one of them.  

I haven't partaken in the Epps thread to any great degree.  Applying critical thinking skills, it would seem unlikely that law enforcement wouldn't have a source/plant in the crowd.  Law enforcement partnered with notorious gangster Whitey Bulger, for example.  I'm not always sure that's the wisest idea, or morally correct, and surely innocent people are victimized as a result, but it is what it is.  Bottom line for me, he's neither villain nor hero to me. 

That is all. 

• Like (+1) 2