Bills signing OT Brandon Shell from miami

dreadlox

59 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We’re always gonna need a back up right tackle. Hopefully he shows out and provides us insurance.

I love Shell as a backup, I’ve already stated that.

I’m disputing the “hope” that Shell is our starting RT. We should all hope that Brown beats out Shell and becomes a better pro than Shell, who is maxed out and is what he is.  A good backup, below average starter imo

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I love Shell as a backup, I’ve already stated that.

I’m disputing the “hope” that Shell is our starting RT. We should all hope that Brown beats out Shell and becomes a better pro than Shell, who is maxed out and is what he is.  A good backup, below average starter imo

I hear ya. I'm pulling for Brown too. I think he is a tough dude and has a LOT left in the tank. Healthy now it seems. He should be a bruiser. Shell is perfect backup.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Hope we can get Brandon Bryant back onto our practice squad. The guy is actually a serviceable defensive tackle.

That's a fair statement, when the cut happens Sept 1st.

When its June 1st, it raises some eyebrows and makes me think his time here is over.

On 5/29/2023 at 12:27 PM, NewEra said:

Awesome.  Love this move. Not great, but a potential upgrade over Quess which puts more pressure on Brown.  

This was half the problem last year.. we just gave certain positions to a player because of the lack of competition. These players need to be pushed. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

This was half the problem last year.. we just gave certain positions to a player because of the lack of competition. These players need to be pushed. 

I think it was a problem for Brown, gabe and possibly Bate.   Not sure I agree with “half the problem”.  What problem? The stunted growth for those 3?  Sure, I agree with that.  I don’t think it was “half of  problem” if the problem was our lack of success in the playoffs .  

It’s tough to bring in legit competition for several position.  We had a pretty deep team and suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries on D.  16 games and 3 losses by a total of 8 points suggests that we had good competition in many spots.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think it was a problem for Brown, gabe and possibly Bate.   Not sure I agree with “half the problem”.  What problem? The stunted growth for those 3?  Sure, I agree with that.  I don’t think it was “half of  problem” if the problem was our lack of success in the playoffs .  

It’s tough to bring in legit competition for several position.  We had a pretty deep team and suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries on D.  16 games and 3 losses by a total of 8 points suggests that we had good competition in many spots.  

we just needed to get deeper in the right positions this year.. and I think Beane did a good job getting us there. now lets just hope it shows. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

That's a fair statement, when the cut happens Sept 1st.

When its June 1st, it raises some eyebrows and makes me think his time here is over.

Likely want to give him the opportunity to go to a franchise where he has a chance of making the 53.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him on our practice squad in September.

On 5/31/2023 at 3:50 PM, NewEra said:

I feel your argument is weak.  

agree to disagree.  

It seems like Beane agrees with my “weak argument”.

Beane has been doing his wizardry.  OL is more talented and deeper.  Same with Edge.  Safety. Wide Receiver.  Tight End.  DL.  KR.  Running Back.   The Bills are loaded!

Please stay healthy Buffalo.  This is Josh’s best team yet.  LFG BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/30/2023 at 2:40 AM, Pete said:

I love what Beane has done to improve OL, TE, WR, RB, DT this past offseason.  Bills O is stacked.  

We have one glaring need, which I’m sure Beane is working on.  Pass Rush.  Bills need one more proven pass rusher IMO

Bumperooskie  Pedro. Beane answered that bell ding ding ding ding ding

Welcome to Buffalo Mr Floyd! :-)))))

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

It seems like Beane agrees with my “weak argument”.

Beane has been doing his wizardry.  OL is more talented and deeper.  Same with Edge.  Safety. Wide Receiver.  Tight End.  DL.  KR.  Running Back.   The Bills are loaded!

Please stay healthy Buffalo.  This is Josh’s best team yet.  LFG BUFFALO!

Per usual, my problem is with the word NEED.  

we didn’t need leonard floyd or an additional proven pass rusher to beat KC last season.  We beat them and stopped them with what we had prior to signing Floyd.  

Some would argue that upgrading WR2 was a bigger “need”.  

I’m all for adding more and more talent.  I love the signing.  Every bit helps but every bit isn’t always “needed”. 

I agree, Beane has had a great offseason. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Per usual, my problem is with the word NEED.  

we didn’t need leonard floyd or an additional proven pass rusher to beat KC last season.  We beat them and stopped them with what we had prior to signing Floyd.  

Some would argue that upgrading WR2 was a bigger “need”.  

I’m all for adding more and more talent.  I love the signing.  Every bit helps but every bit isn’t always “needed”. 

I agree, Beane has had a great offseason. 

I think you are right, the word need is wrong. but I do like the idea of creating that much more competition and never know who just busts out and does well.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think you are right, the word need is wrong. but I do like the idea of creating that much more competition and never know who just busts out and does well.

Agreed.  The more talent the merrier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.