Bills signing OT Brandon Shell from miami

dreadlox

Good, competition can only help. 

The question here is, is he a shell of his former self… 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Solid signing especially for this late in the off season. Lots of experience. Competition for Brown that hopefully he will be challenged by and rise to the occasion. 

I don’t think that Brown has any kind of problem with “want to” or effort.  I think he mainly needs to be healthy and be able to train during the offseason and not have to miss much of training camp and preseason.  For all the negativity on this board over Brown, I think it is pretty amazing that he played at all last season after what he went through in the offseason.  I can’t imagine that he was able to do much weight training after back surgery - imagine playing OT in the NFL without an offseason of strength training.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I don’t think that Brown has any kind of problem with “want to” or effort.  I think he mainly needs to be healthy and be able to train during the offseason and not have to miss much of training camp and preseason.  For all the negativity on this board over Brown, I think it is pretty amazing that he played at all last season after what he went through in the offseason.  I can’t imagine that he was able to do much weight training after back surgery - imagine playing OT in the NFL without an offseason of strength training.

I'm on board with that reasoning. Go back to his rookie year and he looked pretty solid a majority of the time. I think he can get back to that if...as you said...he's healthy. 

One thing I am watching going forward is a guy that size at...what is he 6'8"? Once back issues start they tend to be an ongoing issue. Back problems can and have derailed many a talented guy before. Hoping it's not the case for him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Wait….I thought some posters said since the roster was at 90 there was no way Beane would sign anyone else🤪

this is a quality signing. He should really push Brown for starting RT

The roster is fluid and Beane is always willing to tweak it. It's an okay move for camp,but I'll wait and see

5 minutes ago, chongli said:

He meant what happened to Shell during the games against us and Cincy when Tua got hurt...like was he injured or something.

He was signed to Miami’s PS on September 19 and was elevated to the 53-man roster in week six. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Awesome.  Love this move. Not great, but a potential upgrade over Quess which puts more pressure on Brown.  

I like the move too. Nothing earth shattering but solid moves like this can go a long way. There's are the kind of moves that I think Beane is pretty good at. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Good move. Just cut Doyle now. He was awful before the injury.  He has no hope of making this roster. 

Doyle played pretty well in that "6th OL/Tackle eligible" role 2 years ago and up until he was hurt last year. That's an actual role on this offense. It's been helpful when the Bills do run at times to have that spot. Kincaid sure isn't going to be doing much short yardage inline blocking.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I absolutely love what the Bills have done this offseason.

Given the cap situation - we've improved in pretty much every weak area, including more quality depth.

Except the pass rush.  Beane has not done much to address the DE rotation.  I like Lawson as a #4.  If they signed a guy like Justin Houston they could get rid of Epenesa and possibly try to convert Basham to a 3 tech DT for 2024.  

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.