Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

What would you rather have:

50% chance of signing Hopkins, but if he doesn't sign, he signs with the Chiefs.

25% chance of signing Hopkins, but if he doesn't sign, he signs with the Chiefs or another team.

0% chance of signing Hopkins, but he signs with a team other than the Chiefs.

Edited by beebe

3 minutes ago, beebe said:

50% chance of signing Hopkins, but if he doesn't sign, he signs with the Chiefs.

25% chance of signing Hopkins, but if he doesn't sign, he signs with the Chiefs or another team.

option 3 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, beebe said:

I like the 100% Hopkins signs with the Bills. Hopkins to the Chiefs is the worst possible result. Beane will and should catch flak if it happens.

31 minutes ago, BananaB said:

It’s pretty funny that people want to blow Dhop off because of age but are happy with Sherfield and his 60 career catches to push Gabe. I’ll take the aging Dhop over both any day. If you don’t think he gives us a better chance to win this year you are ***** crazy. 

People are saying that he doesn’t give us a better chance to win?

I think if we sign Hopkins this will help Kincaid — who is already going to do very well, I predict — thrive.

Imagine the 3rd best cornerback on an opposing D covering Kincaid. If not, a linebacker will have to try to do that. Most linebackers just can't do that.

Yes, Diggs will benefit but I think the impact of a Hopkins addition goes much deeper than that.

• Agree 1

We should be all in this year. 35 year old All Pro DE, Two All Pro Safties in their 30s, All Pro wr about to turn 30, Pro Bowl LB a year from 30... there is no reason not to go all in and try to win one before we inevitably need a new core around Josh. Get Hopkins, (and another DE BTW).

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Per a buddy of mine that knows the KC director of player personnel Tim Terry, Hopkins to KC. No idea on any details or if it’s actually a done deal but I know that he knows Terry and he’s never given me a scoop or anything so take it for what it’s worth. 

If Josh Allen is Hopkin’s favorite QB, I don’t even know how we can allow this to happen.  All indications have been if all things were equal he would play for the Bills and there is no reason we can’t do better than whatever KC is offering.  I seriously can’t handle losing to

these guys again.  

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Normaliswear said:

We should be all in this year. 35 year old All Pro DE, Two All Pro Safties in their 30s, All Pro wr about to turn 30, Pro Bowl LB a year from 30... there is no reason not to go all in and try to win one before we inevitably need a new core around Josh. Get Hopkins, (and another DE BTW).

this! With Allen, we’ll still be contenders once some of the current top players on this team leave/retire. KC was supposed to be “rebuilding” last season and won the SB. 

Mahomes + Kelce is far and away better than anything any other team has.

Allen + Diggs + Hopkins + Kincaid is an incredible lineup for 2-3 years

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Per a buddy of mine that knows the KC director of player personnel Tim Terry, Hopkins to KC. No idea on any details or if it’s actually a done deal but I know that he knows Terry and he’s never given me a scoop or anything so take it for what it’s worth. 

Is your buddy a KC fan?

Has he joked / lied to you before?

KC has even less financial wiggle room than the Bills….so that would be extremely disappointing

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People are saying that he doesn’t give us a better chance to win?

It’s people’s defense mechanisms already kicking in because they believe  Hopkins will end up somewhere else. 

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Is your buddy a KC fan?

Has he joked / lied to you before?

KC has even less financial wiggle room than the Bills….so that would be extremely disappointing

Pretty good chance somewhere out there is someone with a Bills connection telling them that Hopkins to Bills is a done deal too so… you never know till you know.  

2 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

No and no. 

well, nothing is out there yet. Hopefully your friend was either given wrong information / KC employees are hoping they get him, but don’t know anything beyond that

If KC can afford him, so can the Bills.

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

If Beane lets this happen, especially considering the Chiefs are in even worse cap shape than we are, he will be gone within 3 years. Book it.

I wouldn't mind DHop. However, if Beane is gone within the next 3 years it won't be because he didn't sign a 30 year old WR. And if for some reason the Chiefs find the money and sign him and it leads KC to more Super Bowls and Mahomes more awards then my money is on the guy who talked Pegula into waiting til late first to POSSIBLY draft Mahomes to be shown the door first. Especially if his defense doesn't show well this year.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, BobBelcher said:

Pretty good chance somewhere out there is someone with a Bills connection telling them that Hopkins to Bills is a done deal too so… you never know till you know.  

Okay, there was the dubious Mexican guy pretending to post a photo from the Buffalo airport of someone totally not him that was supposed to be him standing next to DHop. And Happy Days posted some inside word that was encouraging. In general, Memorial Day weekend has been terrible for fan fiction unless you want to hear about Josh Allen's love life. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.