2024 Elections - House - Senate - States

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Have you actually listen to Trump speak

There is nothing any leftist has said that even comes close to this clown in the hate department

But the fact remains the same.  He triggered the people to show exactly how much HATE they have.

Republicans Sweep 3 Major State Offices in Louisiana Elections

by Frank Fang

Republicans on Saturday swept three statewide runoff elections in Louisiana, securing wins in the races for attorney general, secretary of state, and treasurer.

The three victories mean that Republicans secured every statewide elected office for the first time since 2015, the year Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards won the first of his two terms in office. Mr. Edwards’ successor is Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry, a Republican who won outright in October and avoided a runoff. 

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/republicans-sweep-3-major-state-offices-in-louisiana-elections-5532344?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pro-Trump candidate beats moderate Dem in Utah special election to fill last seat in US House

by Brandon Gillespie

Republican Celeste Maloy beat state Sen. Kathleen Riebe, a self-described moderate, to win Utah's special election Tuesday night, filling the last remaining open seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. The Associated Press called the race at 8:36 p.m. local time.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro-trump-candidate-faces-off-moderate-democrat-utah-voters-polls-special-election

• Like (+1) 1

Senate rankings: 5 seats most likely to flip
The Hill ^ | 11/27/2023 | AL WEAVER

Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-W.Va.) decision to retire has made the Senate landscape in 2024 even more complicated for Democrats.

The party was already facing an uphill slog to hold on to its Senate majority, as it prepared to protect seats in West Virginia, Montana and Ohio — three states where the GOP nominee for president will be heavily favored.

Manchin’s name on the ballot suggested a competitive race. Without him, the Senate seat seems wrapped for the GOP as a gift.

Losing the state would leave no room for another loss for Democrats if they hope to keep their majority, which now stands at 51-49 with Independent Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.) voting with Democrats.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4322026-senate-rankings-seats-likely-flip/

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, back to the House.

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee files for reelection after mayoral loss

Longtime Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) filed for reelection just two days after a stinging electoral loss in Houston's mayoral race and before the 6 p.m. deadline on Monday to file.

Jackson Lee lost the mayoral runoff election on Saturday to another longtime Texas politician, Democratic state Sen. John Whitmire, who will helm the nation's fourth-largest city. The race had gone to a runoff after the pair of candidates advanced from the November all-party primary.

The news of Jackson Lee quietly filing for her 16th term in office on Sunday was reported by the Houston Chronicle on Monday and confirmed by Mike Doyle, chairman of the Harris County Democratic Party.

Although Jackson Lee has represented the Lone Star State's 18th Congressional District since 1995 and easily won reelection since then, she will face competition for the primary from former Houston City Council member Amanda Edwards, who was a former intern for the Texas Democrat.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/sheila-jackson-lee-files-for-reelection

• Haha (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

C.J. Pearson to Run for State Rep. in Georgia

7aca2250-93fe-4f1f-8540-3c52ba5ae87b-1052x615.thumb.jpg.9ab3a5ccea94b2b3d86611f553b5e0a2.jpg

I give you, C.J. Pearson. If his name and face look and sound familiar, it is because he has been a social media fixture for quite a while, since the Obama administration to be exact. But now, he is all grown up and is running for office as a Republican in his home state of Georgia.

https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2024/01/10/young-familiar-face-on-

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just be sure to vote for 'your' party's candidate no matter how ridiculously bad/stupid they are, because that's been working out just great.  If you don't like either of the candidates the 2 parties are kind enough to offer us, then vote for someone else.  Half of our votes go in the don't count/matter bin anyways.  We won the popular vote...weeeeee!  Don't like your local rep, maybe it's time to call your state rep, and tell them you're sick of their gerrymandering, which is making your vote about useless.  Tell him fix it, or you'll be voting for someone else that will.  Right now they have no fear of that whatsoever, because they have you so terrified the other party might win, that you wouldn't dare not vote for them.  it's a BS game, and they're making the rules up for you.  ...and no I'm not reciting George Carlin.

Edited by daz28

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how "Steve Garvey became a punchline."

by Ann Althouse

I'm reading "How Steve Garvey became a punchline at the first California Senate debate/The Republican and former Dodger was an easy target for House Democrats on Monday night" at Politico.

And I'm watching the full debate....

I don't see anything to laugh at. Start at 36:34 to see Adam Schiff pressure him to say whether he'll vote for Donald Trump. Garvey stays perfectly calm and speaks rationally, even as he deprives his opponents of a video clip of him saying that he'll vote for Trump. And notice how the moderator breaks in repeatedly as he's answering. He never loses his cool. He seems to have studied and adopted the demeanor of Ronald Reagan. 

By the way, Politico credits Katie Porter with delivering a "zinger," when she said "What they say is true: Once a Dodger, always a Dodger." But Dodger fans won't want to hear their team name used as an insult. Anyway, there were lots of references to baseball, including from Garvey. 

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2024/01/i-dont-see-how-steve-garvey-became.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/23/steve-garvey-ca-senate-debate-punchline-00137143

I am sure that Politico had this "review" written before the actual debate.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

We'll see.

The GOP May Not Lose George Santos’s House Seat After All.

https://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/02/05/the-gop-may-not-lose-george-santoss-house-seat-after-all-n4926138

"He has a right to due process and a fair trial," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said.

A Republican getting a “fair trial” Chuck? 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ag5mrrwx2v125jqq03

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sorry Chuckie.

Larry Hogan Surprises Everyone by Announcing Maryland Senate Bid

By Matt Funicello 

3687dddd-3815-4140-9bcc-5a592ae7a8db-105

In a completely unexpected move, former Maryland governor Larry Hogan on Friday announced that he will officially enter the United States Senate race for Maryland, putting cold water on the rumors that he was going to launch a third-party bid for the Presidency. 

Hogan, who is planning to officially file the paperwork needed to run for office before the Friday deadline, gave the Republican Party an unexpected boost to their efforts in the Senate map for the 2024 election. While the Cook Political Report currently rates the seat as "solid Democrat," Hogan's entrance is sure to change that analysis.

According to sources who spoke to The Hill, Hogan made his decision after intensive lobbying and conversations between the National Republican Senatorial Committee and its Chair Sen. Steve Daines (R-MT), along with Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) over the past several months. 

Hogan will be termed out of office at the end of his current term and will leave the office with an incredibly high approval rating of 77%, and is only one of two Republicans ever re-elected in the state's history. 

The seat that Hogan is vying for is currently occupied by Democratic Senator Ben Cardin, who is leaving the Senate when his term expires.

https://redstate.com/mdempsey/2024/02/09/larry-hogan-surprises-everyone-by-announcing-maryland-senate-bid-n2169880

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sorry Chuckie.

Larry Hogan Surprises Everyone by Announcing Maryland Senate Bid

By Matt Funicello 

3687dddd-3815-4140-9bcc-5a592ae7a8db-105

In a completely unexpected move, former Maryland governor Larry Hogan on Friday announced that he will officially enter the United States Senate race for Maryland, putting cold water on the rumors that he was going to launch a third-party bid for the Presidency. 

Hogan, who is planning to officially file the paperwork needed to run for office before the Friday deadline, gave the Republican Party an unexpected boost to their efforts in the Senate map for the 2024 election. While the Cook Political Report currently rates the seat as "solid Democrat," Hogan's entrance is sure to change that analysis.

According to sources who spoke to The Hill, Hogan made his decision after intensive lobbying and conversations between the National Republican Senatorial Committee and its Chair Sen. Steve Daines (R-MT), along with Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) over the past several months. 

Hogan will be termed out of office at the end of his current term and will leave the office with an incredibly high approval rating of 77%, and is only one of two Republicans ever re-elected in the state's history. 

The seat that Hogan is vying for is currently occupied by Democratic Senator Ben Cardin, who is leaving the Senate when his term expires.

https://redstate.com/mdempsey/2024/02/09/larry-hogan-surprises-everyone-by-announcing-maryland-senate-bid-n2169880

Glad to see former Governor Hogan running for senate.  I had the pleasure of meeting him at a No Labels event in Manchester, NH a number of years ago.  Very well spoken and a great demeanor.  After his speech he hung around for about 30 minutes just talking with people, asking about their political concerns.  Given his success as a governor I expect he'll be a formidable senate candidate. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Hogan will be termed out of office at the end of his current term

He’s been out of office for over a year. Redstate is assigned a demerit for this effort.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:
1 hour ago, B-Man said:
1 hour ago, B-Man said:
Edited by JDHillFan
Technical/cockpit error
  • Haha (+1) 1

New Poll Has the Delightful Cori Bush Down by 22 Points

“Squad” member and US Rep. Cori Bush could lose big in this summer’s Democratic primary, according to a new poll.

A new poll by GOP firm Remington Research finds Bush, (D-Missouri), losing by 22 points to rival Wesley Bell in the Aug. 6 contest.

“It’s a big red flag for far-left Squad lawmakers,” Josh Kraushar, editor-in-chief of Jewish Insider, posted on X. “This data is yet another example why pandering to the left-wing radicalism on Israel in the Dem party is a counterproductive strategy for Biden.”

https://nypost.com/2024/02/10/news/squad-member-cori-bush-losing-by-22-points-in-new-dem-primary-poll/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Republican Larry Hogan soars to double-digit
lead over Democrats in Maryland Senate race

JustTheNews, by Sarah Roderick-Fitch

Former Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is holding a commanding lead over the top Democratic candidate for Senate, according to a new poll. In a potential race between the Republican and Congressman David Trone, Hogan leads 49%-33%. The Ragnar Research Partners poll surveyed 600 likely voters, pitting Hogan against top Democrats running for the soon-to-be vacant Senate seat held by Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin. He plans to retire. The former governor fared even better when Hogan was matched against Prince George’s County Executive Angela Alsobrooks 52%-29%. 

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/poll-hogan-leads-democratic-challengers-double-digits

When I established an exploratory committee for Senate, I understood the challenge ahead. Running for office requires an extraordinary commitment, not just from the candidate but also from family, friends, volunteers, and donors. A campaign puts them through so much. That’s reason enough not to run for office unless there’s a clear path to victory and a high likelihood of success.

After thoroughly evaluating all aspects of a potential campaign, I’m convinced that no candidate would be better positioned to win both the Republican primary and the general election. That’s why, today, I’m making it official: I’m joining the race for United States Senate in Michigan.

The past few years away from Congress have given me time to reflect on the experiences that have shaped my life, the principles of liberty that inspire me, and what my tenure in Congress meant to the people of my community.

My parents arrived in the United States as teenagers in search of a better future—my father, a Palestinian refugee, and my mother, a Syrian immigrant. They instilled in me a love for America and for the values and principles at the heart of our Declaration of Independence and Constitution.

TN Rep. Mark Green Reverses Course, Will Run for Re-Election After All

by Jennifer Oliver O'Connell

Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security and TN Rep. Mark Green's pedigree is quite impressive. Green is also Dr. Green, an emergency room physician who was also a West Point cadet and is an Army veteran, and former Tennessee State Senator. Before being elected to the United States House of Representatives in Tennessee's District 7.

President Donald Trump nominated him for Army Secretary, but his confirmation was stalled. Green went on to serve in Congress, and even after District 7 was redistricted in 2022 to incorporate parts of blue Nashville, Green won re-election handily against Democrat Odessa Kelly and was expected to win again in 2024.

https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2024/03/01/tn-rep-mark-green-reverses-course-will-run-for-re-election-after-all-n2170802

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema Won’t Run for Re-Election.

Centrist has played pivotal role in series of bipartisan deals but angered progressives. “Had she chosen to run for re-election, her path to the nomination would have been difficult, something her own team acknowledged. A flier circulated by Sinema’s camp at one point and viewed by the Journal said a winning formula for her could include 10%-20% of Democrats, 60%-70% of independent voters and 25%-35% of Republicans—margins that far exceed her 2018 totals with independents and Republicans.”

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/sen-kyrsten-sinema-wont-run-for-reelection-0af004de?mod=e2tw

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2024 at 9:32 PM, B-Man said:

If CA votes red, then you know the Dems are really ****ed.

On 3/3/2024 at 9:32 PM, B-Man said:

California red pilled?    

• Like (+1) 1

Steve Garvey is not beating Adam Schiff in California.  

Maybe he pulls a Lee Zeldin and scares the Dems for a few weeks until the election, but he’s going to have to campaign harder that anyone has ever campaigned and spend as much, if not more, than Adam Schiff. 

Im not bullish on either .. especially when the RNC is a dumpster fire right now. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Steve Garvey is not beating Adam Schiff in California.  

Maybe he pulls a Lee Zeldin and scares the Dems for a few weeks until the election, but he’s going to have to campaign harder that anyone has ever campaigned and spend as much, if not more, than Adam Schiff. 

Im not bullish on either .. especially when the RNC is a dumpster fire right now. 

Two wings one bird! The whole government is a dumpster fire.

MAGA/Kari Lake are going to **** over this country so hard if she can’t mend faces with the “almost” equally annoying McCain Republicans in Arizona.