Jimmy Carter vs Demented Joe Biden

Who has/had been more useless as the President?   I was youngster during the Carter era. He was awful.  But I think Demented Biden is more useless than trying to make a soup sandwich with a football bat. 

What a mess.  

At least people liked Carter.  His presidency was a failure, but he was considered a good person.  His work with Habitat for Humanity proves that out.  I don't recall anyone calling Carter a liar. 

History will judge Biden's presidency as a failure, the purpose behind his election was to beat Trump.  Not much of a platform there but he never really had much upstairs. 

What is unique to this presidency is the complete incompetence sprinkled with sleaziness in everything they do.  A few examples off the top of my head:

• Terrible pullout from Afghanistan with people falling off planes in flight attempting to get out.
  • Inability to even try and secure the southern border with overwhelmed states shipping migrants across the country.
  • Draconian Covid measures and the tacit coverup regarding the source of the virus.
  • Surge in crime across major cities as mayors implement (and now backtrack) on defund the police.
  • Surge in homelessness across the country with no federal guidance or help (just leaving it up to the states). 
  • Historically high inflation driven by irresponsible federal spending.
  • Raising a son who may have provided presidential access for money, uses drugs, uses hookers and can't even pay child support.  What kind of crap parent/person/family do this?  Really the trailer trash should be thrown out of the White House just because of this.  If you can't raise a kid maybe you shouldn't be a president. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I also remember the bad state of the U.S. during the Carter administration, thankfully it helped lead to President Reagan.

But Carter was a basically good man who governed Georgia and got in way over his head as president.

Biden on the other hand is a child of the DC bureaucracy, in Washington for over fifty years and helping no one but himself.

He is a selfish, thin-skinned  biased old man, and he is easily the worst president we have ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Carter was horrible.

The attempt to re-write his legacy based on his post presidency life is ineffectual.

He was a horrible Commander in Chief, resulting in a massive loss of talented officers, and an absolute debacle in actual military operations, which he ran, see Desert One.

On a less life-lost argument, his silly post service claim to verify elections in foreign countries, Venezuela and Cuba specifically, is preposterous.

The Secret Service had a lot to say about him, and not good.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Precision said:

At least people liked Carter.  His presidency was a failure, but he was considered a good person.  His work with Habitat for Humanity proves that out.  I don't recall anyone calling Carter a liar. 

History will judge Biden's presidency as a failure, the purpose behind his election was to beat Trump.  Not much of a platform there but he never really had much upstairs. 

What is unique to this presidency is the complete incompetence sprinkled with sleaziness in everything they do.  A few examples off the top of my head:

• Terrible pullout from Afghanistan with people falling off planes in flight attempting to get out.
  • Inability to even try and secure the southern border with overwhelmed states shipping migrants across the country.
  • Draconian Covid measures and the tacit coverup regarding the source of the virus.
  • Surge in crime across major cities as mayors implement (and now backtrack) on defund the police.
  • Surge in homelessness across the country with no federal guidance or help (just leaving it up to the states). 
  • Historically high inflation driven by irresponsible federal spending.
  • Raising a son who may have provided presidential access for money, uses drugs, uses hookers and can't even pay child support.  What kind of crap parent/person/family do this?  Really the trailer trash should be thrown out of the White House just because of this.  If you can't raise a kid maybe you shouldn't be a president. 

the idiots on this board will all say this is all russian disinformation and/or never happened.

then go drink bud lite.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Carter was out of his league, but a good man. He presided over disaster after disaster, but that whole 70 decade was a total mess. 

Biden’s legacy right now is historical unpopularity, but it’s offset by a flaccid opposition and the most liberal of us having editorial privilege on history.  Ukraine’s outcome, the depth of the recession coming in 2-3 quarters and how much more voracious the Republican Congress is about exposing his corruption via oversight will define him. I’ve got to believe his goal at this point is re-election and make inauguration appearing lucid to hold the White House. They won’t be able to weekend at Bernie him for another 5 years, 

Are he and Joe are the same age right now?

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Carter was out of his league, but a good man. He presided over disaster after disaster, but that whole 70 decade was a total mess. 

Biden’s legacy right now is historical unpopularity, but it’s offset by a flaccid opposition and the most liberal of us having editorial privilege on history.  Ukraine’s outcome, the depth of the recession coming in 2-3 quarters and how much more voracious the Republican Congress is about exposing his corruption via oversight will define him. I’ve got to believe his goal at this point is re-election and make inauguration appearing lucid to hold the White House. They won’t be able to weekend at Bernie him for another 5 years, 

Are he and Joe are the same age right now?

I agree. What a total mess Demented Biden and his buddies are.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Irv said:

I agree. What a total mess Demented Biden and his buddies are.  

You don’t deserve to have an Irv profile picture to be honest. Irv was a good man. 

Unlike Carter, Biden is going to win a second term 🤭

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

You don’t deserve to have an Irv profile picture to be honest. Irv was a good man. 

Unlike Carter, Biden is going to win a second term 🤭

You must be demented.  Ha!

• Like (+1) 1