Anyone else hate the mock draft "catfishing" that goes on this time of year?

Beck Water

On 4/19/2023 at 8:13 AM, Beck Water said:

Maybe catfishing not the right word. 

Example: I'm scrolling on my phone and "Chargers trade Austin Ekeler to Eagles for late 1st" strikes my eyeballs.

Then I read "Seven Round Mock Draft" and "Chiefs take 3 WR".

Oh.

Wish I were savvy enough to adjust my newsfeed to not show me shite like that.

Yes, mock drafts bother me.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:06 PM, ddaryl said:

its 24/7 with all types of news and whatever is trending...

Shock headlines drives emotion, emotionally charged people bring the clicks, clicks pay the bills.

People are chasing money, and every moral line have been or will be crossed to acheive it

and is unfortunately a reflection of us being terrible consumers of media. It’s only profitable if it’s what we tune into and we eat it up.

• Agree 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, The Wiz said:

Pretty simple.  If you think something is news just Google "buffalo bills" and the real news reports will show up instead of the bait and switch ones.

Pffft, dont you mean open every email, trust it whole heartedly and download that trojan virus lol

soft targets gunna soft target

34 minutes ago, benderbender said:

It ranks up there with multi-millionaires complaining about $8 Twitter verification. If only eye rolls made audible sound. 

The year before it was Beane is all in for Travis Etienne. Last year it was Breece Hall. Now its Bijan. At one point do you tune them out?

Can't do it.  They know a lot of people like me are addicted.

For instance, Maurice Jones-Drew (who is terrible at this) has put out his again at nfl.com mock 1.  And yes, I read through it.

He has Bijan going 10, J Gibbs - who he likes better going at 26 to Dallas (MJD has consistently overvalued RBs).  Of note, has D Wright going 17, J Addison 22, Bills taking C Kancey, and right after Cincy goes with D Kincaid.  No mlbs and no Q Johnston in the first round.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.