NHL Playoffs 2022-2023 Season

T&C

47 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

As if the Diggs drama wasn't enough today...it looks like Vegas is pretty much a lock to hoist Lord Stanley tonight.  What a ROUGH day this turned out to be😞

Meh, I really don’t care that much. I don’t really like the panthers either, and as a state I like Nevada better than Florida. I am more/less indifferent on who wins this year. If I was forced to pick it would be Florida because I like Reinhart a lot more than Eichel. He was a good Sabre and I can respect the way he went about leaving. But I don’t care enough to be at all upset that Vegas won it. I think this is the least interested I’ve ever been 8n a Cup final. I just didn’t like either team and the series wasn’t all that good.

I don’t like how easy it’s been for Vegas to get their Cup though. They haven’t had to suffer at all to get it. It just seems a bit unfair the advantages they were given over other expansion teams. Seattle too. But I get it. It’s a good way to grow the fan base quicker. That only helps the NHL as a whole and they need help. Hockey’s has slipped in popularity.

It’ll be interesting to see the golden knights Cup parade.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

My pick for Conn Smythe is Marchessault.  He's been the Knights' best player IMO.

That’s my guess too. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

BLOWOUT WIN

celebrate Las Vegas you are the Champions! 

2 minutes ago, Prospector said:

How many times has someone scored a hat trick in the final game?

I love it.

Holy crap 9-3

first time since 1922 to answer the bolded

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Meh, I really don’t care that much. I don’t really like the panthers either, and as a state I like Nevada better than Florida. I am more/less indifferent on who wins this year. If I was forced to pick it would be Florida because I like Reinhart a lot more than Eichel. He was a good Sabre and I can respect the way he went about leaving. But I don’t care enough to be at all upset that Vegas won it. I think this is the least interested I’ve ever been 8n a Cup final. I just didn’t like either team and the series wasn’t all that good.

I don’t like how easy it’s been for Vegas to get their Cup though. They haven’t had to suffer at all to get it. It just seems a bit unfair the advantages they were given over other expansion teams. Seattle too. But I get it. It’s a good way to grow the fan base quicker. That only helps the NHL as a whole and they need help. Hockey’s has slipped in popularity.

It’ll be interesting to see the golden knights Cup parade.

That’s my guess too. 

But the Vegas Golden Knights still had to put the pieces altogether which isn’t easy. The bottom line like the Anaheim Mighty Ducks the Vegas Golden Knights won the Stanley Cup. It took 6 years for the city of Las Vegas to win a Stanley Cup. It’s been 12 years of nonsense from PSE with the Buffalo Sabres. Again Buffalo unfortunately don’t have enough Buffalo Sabres fans to ask for more instead choosing to back the Buffalo Sabres players and the incompetent organization no matter what. Again Buffalo has this same pattern with the Buffalo Bills with too many saying golly gee maybe next year that leads to multiple decades of losing. Again Buffalo has some of the worst incompetent sports management in the history of professional sports. Again would I be surprised if the Atlanta Thrashers and Houston Aeros won Stanley Cup before the Buffalo Sabres? BSF those two cities are not even in the NHL yet? Right for now but that is how bad the Buffalo Sabres coaching and management has been. The best thing to happen was Vegas Golden Knights vs 8th seed Florida Panthers for the Buffalo Sabres because the excuses are over. If Don Granato misses the playoffs both Don Granato and Kevyn Adams need to be fired in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

Congrats Jack Eichel!:thumbsup:

Too soon?

No Vegas Golden Knights and Jack Eichel winning the Stanley Cup championship is the best thing if you want winning within the Buffalo Sabres organization next season because the excuses are over after tonight. No more excuses, no more rebuilding, no more tanking, results or your fired. Every Buffalo Sabres fan should be of that mindset after 12 years of no playoffs in Buffalo in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

VGK! VGK! VGK!  

I know there isn't much love for Eichel around here(understandably so), but winning a Cup before McDavid while going through him to do it must be quite satisfying for him.

Looking back on the Playoffs, with the way the Eastern Confrence shook out, it looks like the true Cup Finals might have been the Vegas vs Edmonton series...I think the Oilers were definitely the toughest opponent Vegas faced in the playoffs for sure.

How much money did Adin Hill make for himself with his performance in the playoffs?? I kept picturing the dollar signs growing larger and larger with every amazing save he made! 

My first professional championship as a fan!

0-4 with the Bills, 0-2 with the Orlando Magic and 0-1 with Vegas before today

It feels pretty good, but nothing will ever compare to the day the Bills hoist the Lombardi trophy!!!

Edited by Special K

5 hours ago, Special K said:

VGK! VGK! VGK!  

I know there isn't much love for Eichel around here(understandably so), but winning a Cup before McDavid while going through him to do it must be quite satisfying for him.

Looking back on the Playoffs, with the way the Eastern Confrence shook out, it looks like the true Cup Finals might have been the Vegas vs Edmonton series...I think the Oilers were definitely the toughest opponent Vegas faced in the playoffs for sure.

How much money did Adin Hill make for himself with his performance in the playoffs?? I kept picturing the dollar signs growing larger and larger with every amazing save he made! 

My first professional championship as a fan!

0-4 with the Bills, 0-2 with the Orlando Magic and 0-1 with Vegas before today

It feels pretty good, but nothing will ever compare to the day the Bills hoist the Lombardi trophy!!!

You misspelled Eichole

I am enjoying the fact that the Boston Bruins fired Bruce Cassidy as their head coach last offseason and he went and won a Stanley Cup in his first season as the VGK head coach, while Boston was eliminated in the 1st round after a historic regular season.

😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

To a degree but we've had some really bad GMs and HCs the last decade, yet appears we might finally be on the right track yet this offseason critical IMHO.

They do need to strengthen the defense, but the offense is pretty much set. They have a good group of forwards who are young and only going to get better. We will see how Levi does over the course of a full season. He looked pretty good when he played towards the end of last season. I think this is finally the year playoff hockey returns to WNY.

52 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They do need to strengthen the defense, but the offense is pretty much set. They have a good group of forwards who are young and only going to get better. We will see how Levi does over the course of a full season. He looked pretty good when he played towards the end of last season. I think this is finally the year playoff hockey returns to WNY.

We need 2 solid defensemen; Joker needs to be moved to the 3rd pair; need way more grit and sandpaper in the forwards ranks; must find a real goalie; I don't like the idea of leaning on Levi for the full season; he's too young.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We need 2 solid defensemen; Joker needs to be moved to the 3rd pair; need way more grit and sandpaper in the forwards ranks; must find a real goalie; I don't like the idea of leaning on Levi for the full season; he's too young.

I get it was a small sample size, but Levi showed he has the "it" factor to be the next Sorokin/Shesterkin type of goalie. Granted he will have to prove that over the long haul, but it does look like he can be based on the games he played. I could see the Sabres looking for a veteran goalie in FA to split the workload with Levi if they are not happy with what they have. The really good thing about the Sabres is they have a good core group to build around. The future looks bright.

Edited by Gregg

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I want a veteran G that can play at least half the games as am not sold Levi can do it all so early in his career.  As you mention we have issues on the D, as outside of Dahlin and Power I have questions on the rest of our Dman. I've never been a Samulesson fan and at this point feel he's a 3rd pair guy at best. Joki is another one, he started strong but didn't seem to be as good as we hoped last season. So think we need 1 or 2 Dmen that can supplement Dahlin and Power. Note I don't want Dahlin and Power paired together. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.