Fox settles with Dominion

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So if I understand your latest superdeep analysis, there's really nobody that you like other than totally 'progressive' leftists. It would've been easier just to say that.

You totally misunderstood. I consider myself a moderate D. When I lived in Ann Arbor I was considered somewhat conservative. Everything is relative. I’m against corporatocracy. I’m for democracy in the naive Mr Smith goes to Washington way.   We should at least aim for that state.  And I don’t believe the majority of Americans are racist but there are many more than I imagined 

Edited by redtail hawk

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You totally misunderstood. I consider myself a moderate D. When I lived in Ann Arbor I was considered somewhat conservative. Everything is relative. I’m against corporatocracy. I’m for democracy in the naive Mr Smith goes to Washington way.   We should at least aim for that state.  And I don’t believe the majority of Americans are racist but there are many more than I imagined 

Thanks Hawk….you may not realize it but you come across as incredibly partisan on here. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Wall Street Journal editors: Media orgs should be thanking their lucky stars Fox settled

FTA:

The WSJ editorial board doesn’t carry much of a brief for its sister org in the Murdoch empire, either. The editors call the settlement a “victory for Dominion” and noted that the WSJ had held from the start that the claims made by Fox had no evidence to support them.

With that said, however, the editors argued last night that Fox had essentially taken one for the industry last night — and that all of those who wanted a full trial should thank Fox for avoiding one:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/04/20/wsj-editors-media-orgs-should-be-thanking-their-lucky-stars-fox-settled-n545107

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dominion-voting-fox-news-settlement-defamation-case-rupert-murdoch-john-poulos-bf605b16?mod=hp_opin_pos_2#cxrecs_s

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Hawk….you may not realize it but you come across as incredibly partisan on here. 

Partisan in the sense that I'm in disbelief at what the Republican party has become. and am vehemently against what it now stands for.

Edited by redtail hawk

58 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Wall Street Journal editors: Media orgs should be thanking their lucky stars Fox settled

FTA:

The WSJ editorial board doesn’t carry much of a brief for its sister org in the Murdoch empire, either. The editors call the settlement a “victory for Dominion” and noted that the WSJ had held from the start that the claims made by Fox had no evidence to support them.

With that said, however, the editors argued last night that Fox had essentially taken one for the industry last night — and that all of those who wanted a full trial should thank Fox for avoiding one:

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/04/20/wsj-editors-media-orgs-should-be-thanking-their-lucky-stars-fox-settled-n545107

https://www.wsj.com/articles/dominion-voting-fox-news-settlement-defamation-case-rupert-murdoch-john-poulos-bf605b16?mod=hp_opin_pos_2#cxrecs_s

Fox didn't take one for the industry.  While other site are biased, Fox was/?is running a propaganda mill.  Other than OAN and perhaps CNN, I can't think of a network anywhere near as partisan.  They operate in a unique risk pool for the issues in question.

14 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Partisan in the sense that I'm in disbelief at what the Republican party has become. and am vehemently against what it now stands for.

Ironic as many Say that about the modern left. 

The GOP is what the GOP is and has been. it's been pretty consistent. pro big business, pro war, pro dirty money. pander to the big religion.  its been that way for a while.

And why that independent or non-loyalist group continues to grow.

Edited by Chris farley

16 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The GOP is what the GOP is and has been. it's been pretty consistent. pro big business, pro war, pro dirty money. pander to the big religion.  its been that way for a while.

pretty accurate summary.  I'd add pro racist, pro hate group, anti science, anti immigrant , anti intellectual, ostensible pro WHITE working class and pro isolationist.  A while is pretty inexact but it's gotten much worse since trump gained influence.  Excluding my additions, are you a supporter?  Do you generally vote R?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Many of us feel the same about the Democrat party.  The difference is, you were (likely) never a Republican.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

pretty accurate summary.  I'd add pro racist, pro hate group, anti science, anti immigrant , anti intellectual, ostensible pro WHITE working class and pro isolationist.  A while is pretty inexact but it's gotten much worse since trump gained influence.  Excluding my additions, are you a supporter?  Do you generally vote R?

Like I have said so many times prior.  Lifelong NY state Registered Democrat.

And a realist.

Edited by Chris farley

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...