Fox settles with Dominion

23 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

link?

When I got home from work, I saw they had announced a special master looking into discovery claims.  Then like 10 minutes later, I saw they settled.  It looks like the special master was announced around noonish?  

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

When I got home from work, I saw they had announced a special master looking into discovery claims.  Then like 10 minutes later, I saw they settled.  It looks like the special master was announced around noonish?  

and how does that relate to Fox settling for $787 mil?

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Fox made a statement with very limited apology.  Fox lead story right now is about an ethics finding against Biden's HHS sec for publicly supporting a candidate in a Cali election.  No idea how @daz28sees these cases as related.  but he's clearly watching Fox closely.  Have you seen anything about the big settlement there daz?

Fox Corp. just released a statement: “We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems. We acknowledge the court's rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects Fox's continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards.

What are you talking about?  I have no idea what you're trying to convey to me.  What I was talking about was the judge had just appointed a special master to look into Fox hiding evidence.  I'm guessing that means that this will not happen now, even though it should, and it should probably be a crime, too

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

and how does that relate to Fox settling for $787 mil?

To stop the special master from ever being appointed(as he's no longer needed)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The special master was to determine whether or not Fox had complied with discovery rules since it appeared they were hiding evidence. Now that the case is settled, I'd imagine the special master order will be revoked.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The special master was to determine whether or not Fox had complied with discovery rules since it appeared they were hiding evidence. Now that the case is settled, I'd imagine the special master order will be revoked.

That's exactly the point I was attempting to make.  I guess I just did a bad job of it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Fox decided that paying almost $800 million was a better idea than letting Rupert Murdoch and Tucker Carlson testify under oath. 

And they are probably right!

Yes, anyone with a brain now knows that Fox and especially Carlson should not be trusted and don't provide news.  Unfortunately, many Fox viewers are brainless.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

That's exactly the point I was attempting to make.  I guess I just did a bad job of it.

No worries. Explaining legal stuff is difficult. Even journalists usually get it wrong. Plus, people tend not to read the actual words and just assume they know what you're saying anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Huge case settled just before trial starts.  Details to come.  Big implications for Fox financially and for reputation.  Discuss.

Not surprised…Much of MSM is straight up propaganda, for money and power…Serves them right…👍

• Agree 1

Settlement does not require Fox hosts to admit lies.  They'll likely pretend that it never happened.  And people will still listen.  And posters here will still link to ole tuck as evidence of their narratives legitimacy.  But it shows Fox and trump were working jointly to push the big lie...

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not surprised…Much of MSM is straight up propaganda, for money and power…Serves them right…👍

equating all news agencies to Fox is a gross distortion.  This is by far the biggest settlement in the history of media.  These lies had a profound effect on American democracy.  Many fox viewers still believe the big lie.

• Agree 1

Hey for a billion you got 40% of the country to believe the election was stolen.  This is still the narrative used by the GOP even in their own preliminaries. 

They can now make an even more brazen attempt to overturn the next election.  Like disregard the popular vote completely. 

• Like (+1) 2

Or Natasha Bertrand anyone?

Proven liar.

Was she even so much as reprimanded let alone fired or sued for starting and promoting the LIE that the Hunter laptop is Russian disinformation?

Of course not.

Because commies love THEIR liars.

None of this matters. Fox only gets stronger as their viewers dig in deeper and commie networks are protected for doing far worse. 

The national divorce can't come soon enough.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Or Natasha Bertrand anyone?

Proven liar.

Was she even so much as reprimanded let alone fired or sued for starting and promoting the LIE that the Hunter laptop is Russian disinformation?

Of course not.

Because commies love THEIR liars.

None of this matters. Fox only gets stronger as their viewers dig in deeper and commie networks are protected for doing far worse. 

The national divorce can't come soon enough.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d74abbb0bb4201a472c6

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/18/why-fox-news-had-to-settle-the-dominion-suit-00092708

"And, of course, the backdrop here is that Fox’s business model has for years drawn intense criticism from media analysts who have argued that the network routinely crosses the boundaries of responsible reporting by pandering to its mostly conservative audience and elevating dubious but politically convenient claims.

The settlement appears to have less to do with other media outlets than it does with the particularly outrageous facts and circumstances surrounding the conduct of Fox, its executives, and employees toward Dominion. This was a stunning case of media malpractice, and Fox is now paying for it."

Edited by redtail hawk