Fox settles with Dominion

14 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

AP and NBC promoted the Big Lie?

No way!

Oh that's right, in the months before the election it's not a lie at all is it commies?

Keep posting through it big guy, it’s gonna be ok

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Keep posting through it big guy, it’s gonna be ok

The best part is that if the 2020 election actually was stolen, Fox wouldn’t be in this position. 

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation. 

But instead of taking the obvious lesson here (there’s no world in which Fox shells out almost $800 million if the election actually was stolen) some people are so conditioned to swallow the lie that they continue to believe it in the face of overwhelming evidence against it. 

• Agree 1

Pardon for me not reading through all the chatter, but if I understand this case correctly the plaintiff, a private company that makes voting machines, sued because they believe their reputation was damaged?  How exactly? Isn’t their primary customer base a bunch of left leaning government bureaucrats who’d have actually increased their sales if the alleged cheating had been true? Honest question…Did a government agency cancel a pending order for their product? 

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Pardon for me not reading through all the chatter, but if I understand this case correctly the plaintiff, a private company that makes voting machines, sued because they believe their reputation was damaged?  How exactly? Isn’t their primary customer base a bunch of left leaning government bureaucrats who’d have actually increased their sales if the alleged cheating had been true? Honest question…Did a government agency cancel a pending order for their product? 

Their reputation was damaged by FOX alone, but not by the dozens of academics, dem politicians and left wing media outlets who questioned the security of their product over and over and over in the months and years before November 2020 when their product somehow magically delivered the most secure election in US history.

Edited by BillsFanNC

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You do not have to show monetary damages to prove defamation, a person reputation can simply be slandered to show it. 

26 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The best part is that if the 2020 election actually was stolen, Fox wouldn’t be in this position. 

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation. 

But instead of taking the obvious lesson here (there’s no world in which Fox shells out almost $800 million if the election actually was stolen) some people are so conditioned to swallow the lie that they continue to believe it in the face of overwhelming evidence against it. 

Fox straight-up admitted that they made stuff up. This is in the court documents. It’s unbelievable 

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Fox straight-up admitted that they made stuff up. This is in the court documents. It’s unbelievable 

Yup.

Any other media company would be in the same position if they had knowingly lied. And yet, we don’t see this kind of suit against other outlets, which should tell you all you need to know but some people seem to be so reliant on the lie that they still believe even after being told that they were lied too. 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You do not have to show monetary damages to prove defamation, a person reputation can simply be slandered to show it. 

I’m aware Tibs. But it must be based on something. This was not a case brought by the government as a means to a greater good. This was brought by one private company against another. I’d be curious to see how they proved the damage.