Song titles which include the name of a man or woman (One per response. No repeats. )

BringBackFergy

Death of Samantha - Yoko Ono

While Yoko's voice leaves a lot to be desired, she could certainly compose beautiful melodies. This is IMHO one of her best songs, and her backing band, "Elephant's Memory", is pretty competent. 

I'd like to speak to the manager of this thread... @BringBackFergy I need to file a FOIA request to see if there are repeats and what remedies are being taken to combat this type of recidivism... I want a full list of offenders, top to bottom, worse to least.

If you want the original claymation, can't have it embedded:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bMletImQ_cs

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry if a repeat.  Not a fan but the guitar is great.  I met Micky Dolenz(drummer) at a bar in Richmond, VA right before he was playing a show.  Super nice fellow!

Edited by jayg
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/13/2023 at 5:42 PM, muppy said:

this song is a TRIP LOL I googled. I had to had to after I read the title. from wiki

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Carries song much more melodic 🙂

Slightly different. Jesus saves. 

Edited by jayg

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings - Caleb Meyer

In retrospect, it is unbelievable that at the beginning of Gillian Welch's career some critics doubted that a Californian girl could play Appalachian folk.

• Like (+1) 1

My mother loves this tune. So do I. His voice booms! His Thunderball Bond tune is epic as well. READ the lyricis to Delilah , very dark.  Apparently it has been popular since the 1960s in Wales and across the world but now being canceled, shocker! It's just a story...

7 minutes ago, jayg said:

Love

Edited by jayg
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jayg said:

Love

He literally has one of my favorite voices of all time. It's so sad to know he smoked so many cigarettes per day it blows my mind. This is a guy that loves metal, jazz, latin, no pop, no rap, very little country, you get the point, hahaha. Nat can sing the phone book!

Edited by jayg
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, jayg said:

My mother loves this tune. So do I. His voice booms! His Thunderball Bond tune is epic as well. READ the lyricis to Delilah , very dark.  Apparently it has been popular since the 1960s in Wales and across the world but now being canceled, shocker! It's just a story...

Here is a (Scottish) interpretation of "Delilah" that IMHO better reflects the menacing character of the lyrics, the Sensational Alex Harvey Band...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.