Odell Beckham saga over! He signs with…..

DJB

9 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Although at first glance this move seems a head scratcher Eric DaCosta is a good GM and Ravens a well managed organization. 
Looks to me that Lamar's path may now lead back to the Ravens this year under the franchise tag, even if they have to top up the 35M to 45M to keep him from sitting out. In fact this move makes sense only if Lamar is the QB. Now watch Baltimore move up a few spots in rd 1 and scoop JSN (who can contribute immediately) or maybe Flowers or Addison fall to them. Receivers problem solved.

Lol. Historically the Ravens have been very well run, though amorally. But there’s no sugar coating their moves of late. Lamar, OBJ, Roquan Smith, etc. I’m not really sure what they are doing these days. 

24 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Lol. Historically the Ravens have been very well run, though amorally. But there’s no sugar coating their moves of late. Lamar, OBJ, Roquan Smith, etc. I’m not really sure what they are doing these days. 

I don't think Ozzie Newsome is in charge anymore. He was one of the best GMs they have had

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Although at first glance this move seems a head scratcher Eric DaCosta is a good GM and Ravens a well managed organization. 
Looks to me that Lamar's path may now lead back to the Ravens this year under the franchise tag, even if they have to top up the 35M to 45M to keep him from sitting out. In fact this move makes sense only if Lamar is the QB. Now watch Baltimore move up a few spots in rd 1 and scoop JSN (who can contribute immediately) or maybe Flowers or Addison fall to them. Receivers problem solved.

Contrary to what many people seem to think, I think the Ravens have played this Lamar scenario almost perfectly.  Once he refused to extend, they have used their leverage and won.  A guy all about his money isn’t going to let 32M get away, he will play this year. You can tag him 2 more years in a row for less than you offered the idiot guaranteed.  All the risk falls on him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Where receivers go to die. I don’t mind this. He’ll get hurt, or pissy about the lack of targets/catch rate. Unless he knows something nobody else knows, he’s expecting 8 to be his quarterback, and LJ will have completion totals averaging in the teens, which is where you want them if your John Harbaugh because that means his attempts are in the 20s, and there’s more running going on than passing. 

Lamar Jackson has a couple huge games a year, and those completely cloud the media’s mind with greatness (as a thrower…) and we all hear that and kind of believe. Unless he built a private indoor facility and he’s training like crazy to become a better passer, which I doubt he is, this isn’t going to end well for either player. 

21 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Contrary to what many people seem to think, I think the Ravens have played this Lamar scenario almost perfectly.  Once he refused to extend, they have used their leverage and won.  A guy all about his money isn’t going to let 32M get away, he will play this year. You can tag him 2 more years in a row for less than you offered the idiot guaranteed.  All the risk falls on him.

I agree they played it well but I believe his pride will make him sit out this year. I hope so just to see what actually happens.   

also if he does play to see what type of teammate he has devolved too.  It could be a dumpster fire. And then OBJ starts his chattering.  Fun to watch

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.