The Walls be Closing

Kemp

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

could be those two things.

Could also be they aren’t buying the dictator threat, because there was a transfer of power, which in reality wasn’t really perturbed. And they consider all the concern around the topic political fear mongering. 

Could also be they don’t trust the federal government very much. Who can blame them? An indictment, speedy trail and a conviction would look a whole lot better than a two separate party line impeachments that were acquitted, a litany of ongoing dragging out indictments and civil suits and a years long election collusion investigation that came up empty.  And he plays off of it very well… see they are out to get me because I stand up for you… because msm pushes the anti trump stuff so hard it plays into this. 

I find if you can start backing away from absolutes and see the granularity, the picture becomes more objective. 

But what if you totally buy the threat of dictatorship and don't think it's unrealistic at all...That's granular too

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

acknowledging the I don’t want to admit, or believe I lost the election stuff at the end, how did trump otherwise act as a dictator?

I didn't say he had acted as a dictator. 

I'm saying that he has already said he will rule as a dictator if given a 2nd chance.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe if he wasn't such a famously terrible client, he'd be able to get lawyers who knew what they were doing...

Trump isn't getting a jury in his $250 million civil fraud trial because his lawyers failed to ask for one

"Former President Donald Trump won't receive a jury trial in his $250 million civil fraud case in New York because his lawyers never asked for one.

Trump's trial in his civil fraud case began on Monday morning in a downtown Manhattan courtroom, where the embattled former president made a surprise appearance.

The case was filed in September 2022, when New York Attorney General Letitia James announced her office had filed the sweeping lawsuit against Trump, his children Eric and Donald Jr., and two other executives at the Trump Organization.

The case — in which New York Justice Arthur Engoron has already found that Trump committed years of fraud and handed down a "corporate death penalty" for the Trump Organization — is now in the process of a bench trial for the remaining parts of the New York attorney general's lawsuit.

During a bench trial, the judge listens to all the evidence presented and decides the ultimate verdict and potential punishment instead of using a jury.

That leaves the fate of Trump's company in the hands of a judge who has already repeatedly ruled against him and his lawyers, and who he has attacked as a political operative. The attorney general's office has sought to disgorge his company of allegedly ill-gotten profits from bank loans, issue a $250 million penalty against the defendants, and strip them of their ability to do business in New York.

While Trump has raged on social media in recent weeks about the decision to forego a jury trial, he only has one group to blame: his legal team.

On July 31, the New York attorney general's office filed paperwork telling the judge that it had completed all of its pre-trial work and was prepared for a trial. On that form, the lawyers checked a box requesting a "Trial without jury."

Trump's lawyers never filed anything to court arguing otherwise, court records show. They had the opportunity to ask for a jury trial — but didn't.

Under the particular statute where James brought her lawsuit, it wasn't necessarily guaranteed that Trump would have gotten a jury to decide the case. But his lawyers didn't even ask Engoron to consider it.

Alina Habba, one of the attorneys representing Trump in the case, said Trump wanted a jury in the case.

"I know my client did want a jury, and we did want that," she said.

She did not explain why they did not ask for one.

After appearing at the courthouse on Monday, Trump lambasted Engoron and his law clerk while standing directly outside of his courtroom where he accused the judge of "getting away with murder" and of being a "democrat operative." 

The New York civil fraud trial against Trump could last until December 22, though it could end sooner.

In remarks at the beginning of the trial, Engoron noted that neither side had asked for a jury, and referenced his frequent quips and pop culture references throughout the court proceedings.

"I promise to do my best," he said. "Despite my lame attempts at humor, as I mentioned in an early phase of the case, I take my job very seriously."

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In my observation there are 3 groups:

(1) Republican above all else 

(2) they actually like the guy and the middle finger to the establishment he is or believe his schtick 

(3) they look at it pragmatically based on what will effect them personally, knowing all of the above are corrupt self serving lairs, excepting that Donnie doesn’t hide it, either too impulsive to control the image or doesn’t care. 

here is an interesting read, that acknowledges trump for exactly what you say he is but contrast Joe in a less flattering light than msm does typically. 

And this isn’t a story about joes more recent corruption, it’s about all the corporate money he took as a senator while masquerading as middle class Joe. He’s been a hero for Delaware based credit card and financial companies at the expense of the rank and file. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/20/joe-biden-corruption-donald-trump

these ***** are all the same 

The only defense for we the people is a balance of power 

Yup.  Again it's the lesser of two evils/bad choices. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Maybe if he wasn't such a famously terrible client, he'd be able to get lawyers who knew what they were doing...

Trump isn't getting a jury in his $250 million civil fraud trial because his lawyers failed to ask for one

"Former President Donald Trump won't receive a jury trial in his $250 million civil fraud case in New York because his lawyers never asked for one.

Trump's trial in his civil fraud case began on Monday morning in a downtown Manhattan courtroom, where the embattled former president made a surprise appearance.

The case was filed in September 2022, when New York Attorney General Letitia James announced her office had filed the sweeping lawsuit against Trump, his children Eric and Donald Jr., and two other executives at the Trump Organization.

The case — in which New York Justice Arthur Engoron has already found that Trump committed years of fraud and handed down a "corporate death penalty" for the Trump Organization — is now in the process of a bench trial for the remaining parts of the New York attorney general's lawsuit.

During a bench trial, the judge listens to all the evidence presented and decides the ultimate verdict and potential punishment instead of using a jury.

That leaves the fate of Trump's company in the hands of a judge who has already repeatedly ruled against him and his lawyers, and who he has attacked as a political operative. The attorney general's office has sought to disgorge his company of allegedly ill-gotten profits from bank loans, issue a $250 million penalty against the defendants, and strip them of their ability to do business in New York.

While Trump has raged on social media in recent weeks about the decision to forego a jury trial, he only has one group to blame: his legal team.

On July 31, the New York attorney general's office filed paperwork telling the judge that it had completed all of its pre-trial work and was prepared for a trial. On that form, the lawyers checked a box requesting a "Trial without jury."

Trump's lawyers never filed anything to court arguing otherwise, court records show. They had the opportunity to ask for a jury trial — but didn't.

Under the particular statute where James brought her lawsuit, it wasn't necessarily guaranteed that Trump would have gotten a jury to decide the case. But his lawyers didn't even ask Engoron to consider it.

Alina Habba, one of the attorneys representing Trump in the case, said Trump wanted a jury in the case.

"I know my client did want a jury, and we did want that," she said.

She did not explain why they did not ask for one.

After appearing at the courthouse on Monday, Trump lambasted Engoron and his law clerk while standing directly outside of his courtroom where he accused the judge of "getting away with murder" and of being a "democrat operative." 

The New York civil fraud trial against Trump could last until December 22, though it could end sooner.

In remarks at the beginning of the trial, Engoron noted that neither side had asked for a jury, and referenced his frequent quips and pop culture references throughout the court proceedings.

"I promise to do my best," he said. "Despite my lame attempts at humor, as I mentioned in an early phase of the case, I take my job very seriously."

If not asking for a jury trial really was on account of his lawyers simply forgetting to do so ... wow. Those are some lawyers. Since it's not a criminal case, the remedy (should the Trump Org be assessed big damages) is really just to sue the lawyers, not to get a do-over.

I'm not sold on that "simple error" theory though. I haven't seen that the Trump lawyers have filed a late motion for a jury trial. Did they do that? You'd at least want to preserve that for appeal although the judge clearly isn't having it.

Despite all of the charges Trump currently faces, he's still arguing against a ruling against him, because he's so stupid that he's consumed with being perceived as extraordinarily financially successful.

Still trying to prove his daddy wrong.

I'm thankful that he keeps making it worse for himself.

He's making sure that the Walls be Closing.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Despite all of the charges Trump currently faces, he's still arguing against a ruling against him, because he's so stupid that he's consumed with being perceived as extraordinarily financially successful.

Still trying to prove his daddy wrong.

I'm thankful that he keeps making it worse for himself.

He's making sure that the Walls be Closing.

Let us never underestimate the utter childishness and stupidity of this man.

If you can make it through this rambling statement, you'll notice he's saying two different things:

1. I'm even richer than you thought I was, and I'm way richer than you!

2. Even if I'm not richer because my numbers are cooked, it doesn't matter since I had a disclaimer saying "don't trust my numbers"

• Like (+1) 1

All hat and no cattle.  All bluster and no class...

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/03/trump-business-fraud-trial-former-president-blasts-new-york-ag.html

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Trump supporter cuts through the spider web to tell us one of the things  that they really want.

Wow.  bald faced.  Davis is no minion either.

https://fedsoc.org/contributors/mike-r-davis

How long til the armbands and hoods come out?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever