The Walls be Closing

Kemp

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Who  called you a "ret@#d"? 

I've been called worse.  Liar is the most demeaning cuz I'm not and I find it deplorable..  Pretty forthright unlike so many here....Does it seem I despise MAGA's that support the actions of Jan 6?  They don't deserve an iota of respect.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I've been called worse.  Liar is the most demeaning cuz I'm not and I find it deplorable..  Pretty forthright unlike so many here....Does it seem I despise MAGA's that support the actions of Jan 6?  They don't deserve an iota of respect.

So nobody?  Do yoh think It's ok for people to have different opinions on things than you? Cause it's really not reading that way.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

So, the GOP members who have been kicked out of office (Mitch to join the group)  is the polar opposite of the truth ??

You are a little too hyped up, maybe an afternoon nap is in order.

😎

Mitch is at least pragmatic but I have no idea why Kentuckians keep electing him.  Maybe the elections are rigged?😒

Trump's former aide Molly Michael told federal investigators, per ABC, that the former president used the back of visibly classified documents at Mar-a-Lago to write her to-do lists "as if they were scrap paper," said journalist Jonathan Karl.

https://www.newsweek.com/mar-lago-direct-witness-strengthens-case-against-donald-trump-1828046

It's like Trump wiping his ass with the Constitution 

• Angry 1

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The incredible childishness of Trump still has the capacity to amaze me. I mean, I think there's nothing he could do/has done that would surprise me anymore, and then there's something like this.

I should note that the reports say that this is from an actual witness statement - evidence that we can expect to see presented at trial. 

Why would we need “reports”?  Witness statements in a criminal trial would be a matter of public record before the trial commenced, correct?  

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Patience, grasshopper. Patience.

Patience for what?  “Sources” unknown are offering “reports” to shape a narrative on what transpired.  Why not just offer up the actual witness statement so the entirety of the allegation might be understood, v. selectively leaking data to influence public opinion?   

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Patience for what?  “Sources” unknown are offering “reports” to shape a narrative on what transpired.  Why not just offer up the actual witness statement so the entirety of the allegation might be understood, v. selectively leaking data to influence public opinion?   

Trump is leaking ("I never told anyone to destroy tapes"), the prosecution is leaking, everyone's leaking. That's life.

But this is a leak attributed to a source. A source with first-hand knowledge. Just wait.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Trump is leaking ("I never told anyone to destroy tapes"), the prosecution is leaking, everyone's leaking. That's life.

But this is a leak attributed to a source. A source with first-hand knowledge. Just wait.

Trump is the defendant, on trial for his life, and him stating what he did or didn’t do isn’t a leak, it’s a personal declaration.  We know who said it, when he said it, and the manner of his declaration. 

The prosecution, on the other hand, has nothing to lose, infinitely deep pockets and is supposed to be pursuing justice from the perspective of truth and doing the right thing. What you’re describing is a political and theatrical performance where there is neither attribution nor specificity, and the illusion of insider information that may or may not be true.  We don’t know who said it, who leaked the information, the veracity of the claim or the trustworthiness of the source, or if there even is a source.  

It always seems to me that if the case is rock solid to begin with, why the need for the dog and pony show? 

44 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Because trump has a host of unethical lawyers just waiting for a mistake...Smith has got em.  Smart beats stupid most of the time....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Because trump has a host of unethical lawyers just waiting for a mistake...Smith has got em.  Smart beats stupid most of the time....

Jack Smith absolutely has him the real question is how far do they want to take it?

That’s why you’re not gonna see Ron DeSantis ever drop out of this race, until he absolutely knows that he’s going to lose

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The problem for Trump is all of the things that he’s doing right now in the media don’t do it thing for him in the coirt room in a court of law, he loses

He’s stupid and arrogant

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would we need “reports”?  Witness statements in a criminal trial would be a matter of public record before the trial commenced, correct?  

I'm confused as to what your point is?

Is it about Molly Michael's allegation?

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I’ve read this a few times and still don’t understand your point.  Unpacking it:

Trump has unethical lawyers: We could have a long conversation on defense attorneys and straddling the line between fact, innuendo, and victim blaming.  That’s irrelevant when it comes to the actions of the prosecution. 

Trump’s lawyers are waiting for a mistake:  Yes, as they should.  I’m binge-watching “Suits” as we speak. 

It seems to me that the Smith team(s) selective leaking is unethical (assuming of course that they leaked it) as well, and the response by Frankish sort of confirms that.   When considered in context of the gag order requested by the prosecution, it seems that concerns about the release of evidence designed to be inflammatory is one-sided. 

As Frankish said, it’s life, but it’s certainly part of the story.