2023 Yankees thread.........Domingo German pitches perfect game

BADOLBILZ

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

New low tonight with German not being able to go…..the Yankees digging a hole, then……bringing in German to throw five scoreless yet useless innings.  The post game topic is about the Yankees making a trade tomorrow to bring in help.  Who on Earth are they going to offer?  The overhyped Jasssssssson Dominguez???  Lol.  They can’t buy or sell because they are horrible.  

Mets traded Canha today. Hopefully someone will take Verlander before 6pm tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Mets traded Canha today. Hopefully someone will take Verlander before 6pm tomorrow. 

Mets have managed to get a couple prospects plus they already had a good pipeline of hitters.  I’m not sure what they have in the pitching category.  At least they didn’t trade three prospects for Frankie Montas.

I know it’s not going to happen because they were just extended, but Cashman and Boone need to go.

Cashman even said that he knew the risk of signing players with an injury history, but the potential reward is great.  Well, the risk is all we’ve seen and he owns that.   The bullpen is a joke.  

As for Boone, he’s just plain terrible.  The players underperform for him and his getting ejected act is pathetic.   It’s the only thing he does to try and ignite the team.  Almost every players that comes here, performs worse as a Yankee.  Then we trade people away, and they do better elsewhere.   The clubhouse doesn’t have a true leader and Boone can’t fix it.  We have solid players who just can’t perform under Boone and now they are feeding the defeat off each other. 

At this point, I’d trade Staunton for any type of prospect.  Rondon was a terrible signing and they’ve now released that his shoulder issue is chronic.  You have to keep Judge, let the young ones keeps develope (Volpe, IFK, Peralta), and see what offers you can get for anyone else.  How hard is it to find a catcher and outfielder?     

I’m completely fine with a rebuild for a few years.   It’s one thing to suck when you are restocking the shelves, but to know what these guys are getting paid and to suck?  

Burn it down if you have to.  Judge, I know he’s had an injury history, but he’s been so good these past few years and I’m willing to say the toe was a fluke.  Stupid outfield design in LA. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I know it’s not going to happen because they were just extended, but Cashman and Boone need to go.

Cashman even said that he knew the risk of signing players with an injury history, but the potential reward is great.  Well, the risk is all we’ve seen and he owns that.   The bullpen is a joke.  

As for Boone, he’s just plain terrible.  The players underperform for him and his getting ejected act is pathetic.   It’s the only thing he does to try and ignite the team.  Almost every players that comes here, performs worse as a Yankee.  Then we trade people away, and they do better elsewhere.   The clubhouse doesn’t have a true leader and Boone can’t fix it.  We have solid players who just can’t perform under Boone and now they are feeding the defeat off each other. 

At this point, I’d trade Staunton for any type of prospect.  Rondon was a terrible signing and they’ve now released that his shoulder issue is chronic.  You have to keep Judge, let the young ones keeps develope (Volpe, IFK, Peralta), and see what offers you can get for anyone else.  How hard is it to find a catcher and outfielder?     

I’m completely fine with a rebuild for a few years.   It’s one thing to suck when you are restocking the shelves, but to know what these guys are getting paid and to suck?  

Burn it down if you have to.  Judge, I know he’s had an injury history, but he’s been so good these past few years and I’m willing to say the toe was a fluke.  Stupid outfield design in LA. 

Judge has had “flukes” every season except his money season. 

He played the Yankees like a fiddle. 

Just now, Gugny said:

Judge has had “flukes” every season except his money season. 

He played the Yankees like a fiddle. 

I really can’t argue with you on it, because the stats support you.  But in following him fairly closely, this season felt different and not the normal “body quitting on him” injury.  There was at least a contact that occurred.  

This isn’t an injury I think will affect him after this season, unlike the other ones that made me think he was a brittle ticking time bomb of injuries 

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I really can’t argue with you on it, because the stats support you.  But in following him fairly closely, this season felt different and not the normal “body quitting on him” injury.  There was at least a contact that occurred.  

This isn’t an injury I think will affect him after this season, unlike the other ones that made me think he was a brittle ticking time bomb of injuries 

The way today’s Yankees are built, team, owner and manager - the juice was not worth the squeeze with Judge. 

I don’t fault the player.  He is who he is. Very talented, but very injury prone.

A smarter team would have made him a full time DH.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

The original poster in this thread, the one who constantly lambastes Brandon Beane for the way the Bills are built, has made it clear that the Yankees are a well run organization.  So it seems you’re way off base here.  Of course he has also disappeared.

Shirley you can’t be serious with trading Stanton.  Who on Earth is going to take that guy?  I disagree with Gugny about Judge.  The Yanks were painted into a corner and had to sign him, but he is a guy other teams actually respect.  Add Cole to that list.  Add Bader’s defense and that gives you two and a half viable players on the roster.  Maaaaaaybe Cortes or Rodon when they are in the midst of their annual healthy month.  The rest are middling at best, old and over the hill or young and in mid-Yankee ruining process.  For all of the amazing hype, it is hard to call Volpe one of the 10 best young shortstops/shortstop prospects in the game.  Peraza is better and being passed over but even he wouldn’t be on that list.  Well run organization?  OMG

The Yankees have been tussling with the well run but under budgeted Rays for a few years.  The Sox and Jays are normally decent and willing to spend.  And now we have the Orioles.  Take a close look at that roster and imagine them giving up two prospects…..of their roughly 25 solid prospects……for a frontline starter.  Pause.  Think about all of the above for a minute.  Now imagine the next half decade in the Bronx.  Lololololololololololololololololol.  It’s over.  Their willingness to spend, their fan base and the pinstripes on their uniforms are literally all they have to offer.  That’s not enough.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The original poster in this thread, the one who constantly lambastes Brandon Beane for the way the Bills are built, has made it clear that the Yankees are a well run organization.  So it seems you’re way off base here.  Of course he has also disappeared.

Shirley you can’t be serious with trading Stanton.  Who on Earth is going to take that guy?  I disagree with Gugny about Judge.  The Yanks were painted into a corner and had to sign him, but he is a guy other teams actually respect.  Add Cole to that list.  Add Bader’s defense and that gives you two and a half viable players on the roster.  Maaaaaaybe Cortes or Rodon when they are in the midst of their annual healthy month.  The rest are middling at best, old and over the hill or young and in mid-Yankee ruining process.  For all of the amazing hype, it is hard to call Volpe one of the 10 best young shortstops/shortstop prospects in the game.  Peraza is better and being passed over but even he wouldn’t be on that list.  Well run organization?  OMG

The Yankees have been tussling with the well run but under budgeted Rays for a few years.  The Sox and Jays are normally decent and willing to spend.  And now we have the Orioles.  Take a close look at that roster and imagine them giving up two prospects…..of their roughly 25 solid prospects……for a frontline starter.  Pause.  Think about all of the above for a minute.  Now imagine the next half decade in the Bronx.  Lololololololololololololololololol.  It’s over.  Their willingness to spend, their fan base and the pinstripes on their uniforms are literally all they have to offer.  That’s not enough.

Oh, to be clear, I would trade Staunton for a bag of chips and eat most of the salary.  I just want to get any savings we can from him.  

Agreed on all other points 

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Other than you disagreeing with me about Judge, we are on the same page re: the state of the Yankees. 

Saw this in Peter King's column this morning:

"Lazing around at home one day in June, I turned on the Yankees-ChiSox game, and the starting outfield for the greatest baseball franchise of all time was, left to right, Jake Bauers, Billy McKinney and Willie Calhoun. And that wasn’t the only time it happened."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/fmia/news/jets-bills-aaron-rodgers-peter-king-fmia-training-camp

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol what?  

They need an aggressive manager.

They need players who can play despite minor aches and pains.

They don't need "rest days", unless your best players play the vast majority of the time, you will out of the playoffs.

The "take it easy during the season and turn it on during the playoffs"  philosophy is Bullsquat.

Games in April count just as much as September.

They need another bench player and one less bullpen player.  

Bunting is not a bad thing,  especially when you can't score runs already.

NO ONE should be DH, who is also a good fielder..........(see rest nonsense)

Smarter base-running should be taught, right now they are abysmal.

Working out player trades should NOT be done in public.  Screw the press!

You have your own G.D. network !! (YES)  quit putting your team on streaming services only a few can see !

Some of these 'veterans' this year have been coasting on the past, tell it's August and September or goodbye New York.

25 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol what?  

Judge signed a long contract - but he's on the wrong side of 30, and those contracts don't typically age well.  He's an amazing player but I don't expect the last years of his contract to be anything like the 1st years of his contract.

So, the Yankees have to figure something out NOW, or they are going to waste not only his best years, but Cole's. They're not a team that can do a firesale and start a 2-4 year rebuild.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They don't need "rest days", unless your best players play the vast majority of the time, you will out of the playoffs.

The "take it easy during the season and turn it on during the playoffs"  philosophy is Bullsquat.

You have your own G.D. network !! (YES)  quit putting your team on streaming services only a few can see !

Some of these 'veterans' this year have been coasting on the past, tell it's August and September or goodbye New York.

Back in Dec 2022 the Yanks re-signed Cashman to a new deal that runs thru 2026. I doubt he gets canned. But Boone that could be a different story. Something needs to be done because what they have now clearly isn't working.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They have crap players.  That is the issue.

Also: Rutchsman, Mountcastle, Holliday, Henderson, Kjerstad, Cowser, Santander, O’Hearn, Westburg, Hays, Mullins…..and more.

Lol zero chance for quite a while.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.