2023 Yankees thread.........Domingo German pitches perfect game

BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you think it’s possible that Bader declined and was easily replaced by Nootbaar is because of the Yankees superior organization?  Shirley.  What starting pitchers have developed with the Yankees over the last 10 or so years that have had viable careers?  Who are you even bragging about?  Michael King?  That team is constantly going out and buying names that inevitably crap out.  At least Cole is better than the turds the Mets bought but still.

What do you get when you throw three sliders two feet outside the zone to Stanton?  A strikeout, that’s what.  

At times they draft pretty well.  I think Volpe has talent for example but he’ll turn out to be not much because the Yankees are rushing him because he’s Italian like a lot of their fan base.  They’re teaching him genius moves like bunting late in the game with one out down two runs.  Lol.   They need him in MLB to keep the fan base wolves at bay while they have crap results.  Meanwhile the superior Pereza is in AAA.  We’ve been patient with Jordan Walker.  Let’s check back in three years to see how this turns out.  Matthew Liberatore will develop.  Which Yankee starter will?   Waino and Flaherty have had great careers with the Cardinals.  Who was the last Yankee to have the majority of his career at home after developing with the Yankees?  Andy Pettitte?  In 1972?  

You’re getting curb stomped by the Rays every year and now Baltimore.  You’ll keep chasing your tails signing big names for a billion dollars for years to come.  The Cards will re-set, even though it may take longer than I’d like.  Don’t worry though, Ohtani will save you.  Lol.

I will agree that losing Judge is a tough break no doubt.  He is the exception to the Yankees rule of poor player development.  I’ll also agree that the Cards have done their share of acquiring outsiders but they have been class acts like Goldie and Arenado, not morons like Stanton and Donaldson.

Part of the reason your Cardinals are having such a down year is the introduction of the balanced schedule.   Central divisions in both league's are trash and have been so for years........but since the central teams were playing so many games in division against other middling franchises with the unbalanced schedule, it made winning teams out of teams that really couldn't dream of hanging in contention in the AL East.    Even then.........the Cardinals haven't had a better record than the Yankees in any of the last 6 years.

Right now, the Cardinals are a sh!t show.   Their string of winning seasons(half that of the Yankees) is likely to come to an end THE FIRST TIME that the league goes with a balanced schedule.   That says it all about the fallacy that the Cardinals are still a top organization.   They are a mess and when they aren't going out and spending big on guys like Arenado and Contreras and Goldschmidt they are trading away their better prospects and keeping their Laars Nootbaar types instead. 

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Do you think it’s possible that Bader declined and was easily replaced by Nootbaar is because of the Yankees superior organization?  Shirley.  What starting pitchers have developed with the Yankees over the last 10 or so years that have had viable careers?  Who are you even bragging about?  Michael King?  That team is constantly going out and buying names that inevitably crap out.  At least Cole is better than the turds the Mets bought but still.

What do you get when you throw three sliders two feet outside the zone to Stanton?  A strikeout, that’s what.  

At times they draft pretty well.  I think Volpe has talent for example but he’ll turn out to be not much because the Yankees are rushing him because he’s Italian like a lot of their fan base.  They’re teaching him genius moves like bunting late in the game with one out down two runs.  Lol.   They need him in MLB to keep the fan base wolves at bay while they have crap results.  Meanwhile the superior Pereza is in AAA.  We’ve been patient with Jordan Walker.  Let’s check back in three years to see how this turns out.  Matthew Liberatore will develop.  Which Yankee starter will?   Waino and Flaherty have had great careers with the Cardinals.  Who was the last Yankee to have the majority of his career at home after developing with the Yankees?  Andy Pettitte?  In 1972?  

You’re getting curb stomped by the Rays every year and now Baltimore.  You’ll keep chasing your tails signing big names for a billion dollars for years to come.  The Cards will re-set, even though it may take longer than I’d like.  Don’t worry though, Ohtani will save you.  Lol.

I will agree that losing Judge is a tough break no doubt.  He is the exception to the Yankees rule of poor player development.  I’ll also agree that the Cards have done their share of acquiring outsiders but they have been class acts like Goldie and Arenado, not morons like Stanton and Donaldson.

Losing Judge is t a tough break. It’s something everyone, including Steveland Wonder, saw coming after he got paid.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Part of the reason your Cardinals are having such a down year is the introduction of the balanced schedule.   Central divisions in both league's are trash and have been so for years........but since the central teams were playing so many games in division against other middling franchises with the unbalanced schedule, it made winning teams out of teams that really couldn't dream of hanging in contention in the AL East.    Even then.........the Cardinals haven't had a better record than the Yankees in any of the last 6 years.

Right now, the Cardinals are a sh!t show.   Their string of winning seasons(half that of the Yankees) is likely to come to an end THE FIRST TIME that the league goes with a balanced schedule.   That says it all about the fallacy that the Cardinals are still a top organization.   They are a mess and when they aren't going out and spending big on guys like Arenado and Contreras and Goldschmidt they are trading away their better prospects and keeping their Laars Nootbaar types instead. 

For a guy who constantly trashes the Bills, it sure is weird that you think the Yankees are a well run organization.  The balanced schedule, huh?  Ok.  It’s not that the teams in large markets spend 4 billion a year.  Got it.  That’s got nothing to do with it.   For Pete’s sake, the Guardians and the Brewers have developed more starting pitchers in the last 10 minutes than the Yankees have in 10 years.  But maybe this will be Brien Taylor’s year.  The Reds have and will have called up more solid players this year than the Yankees have since Jeter debuted.  Too bad the Yankees didn’t get Bryan Reynolds and tell him to swing for the fences every time.  Rest assured that the Cardinals will be back on solid ground with a balanced team well before the Yankees stop being the Dallas Cowboys on a limitless budget.

Jordan Walker isn’t a good prospect?  Why?  Because he doesn’t run home for spaghetti on Wednesdays like Anthony Volpe?  The Yankees prospects, now and for quite a while have either been overhyped…..Jasson Dominguez……traded…..or ruined like Volpe.  But don’t worry….Josh Donaldson will save you.  They have a lot of money.  I get it.  But they are woefully hopeless against teams that do thing right like Tampa who operate on a shoestring budget comparatively speaking.

Do you honestly think the Yankees are doing right by Volpe having him play and do stupid things like bunting down 2 with an out in the books late in a game?  That’s the way to run a team?  It was certainly entertaining.  I laughed.  But that kid better get in his endorsement money from Prego quick or hope they trade him for a shiny object.  

Edited by 4merper4mer

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Losing Judge is t a tough break. It’s something everyone, including Steveland Wonder, saw coming after he got paid.  

It’s definitely a tough break and I can’t really fault the Yankees for paying Judge.  He is a legitimately good player.  Yes he swings and misses too much but so does 95% of the league.  The guy is a good OF, a good leader and obviously a producer.  He is exceedingly rare as a homegrown Yankee and wasn’t really overhyped at the start.  Their problem is they have so many bad decisions that all their good ones are rolled up into one player.  They put lipstick on their pig with big $ free agents and splash trades but they NEED one piece of stability.  They could not let him walk.

You're a Mets fan right?  Ugh.  But at least they have a few prospects in the pipeline and have produced some well rounded players like McNeil in the last decade.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gregg said:

Last place folks. I realize Hal isn't George but if Cashman and Boone survive this then something is seriously wrong. Heads would have rolled a long time ago if George were alive.

At least their new shortstop has an Italian name.  Who cares if he isn’t nearly ready for MLB and he’s pushing a far superior player out of position so that career can be ruined too.  They are soooooooooo poorly run.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:34 AM, Gregg said:

Going to need a rebuild or retool or whatever you want to call it. As of now the Yankees need to...

gczk2.jpg

Lol who is buying garbage?  They have nothing to sell other than Cole.  Every other player on the team either sucks, is coming off injury, is the untradeable team captain or is a young overhyped prospect.  The Royals and White Sox have more traceable commodities.

Edited by 4merper4mer

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why not?  It’s how they select their roster.  This is probably nail in the coffin weekend for the Yanks.

Your posts in this thread are barely above the level of the Yankee fans who only add to the thread when things are going well.  Your Italian angle is at best a head scratcher.  

38 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Your posts in this thread are barely above the level of the Yankee fans who only add to the thread when things are going well.  Your Italian angle is at best a head scratcher.  

Oswald Peraza is at this point far superior to Anthony Volpe but Volpe’s name makes him more popular so the Yankees are rushing him and holding back Peraza and/or playing him out of position.  They are likely to ruin both.

• Agree 1

On 7/3/2023 at 7:40 AM, 4merper4mer said:

It’s definitely a tough break and I can’t really fault the Yankees for paying Judge.  He is a legitimately good player.  Yes he swings and misses too much but so does 95% of the league.  The guy is a good OF, a good leader and obviously a producer.  He is exceedingly rare as a homegrown Yankee and wasn’t really overhyped at the start.  Their problem is they have so many bad decisions that all their good ones are rolled up into one player.  They put lipstick on their pig with big $ free agents and splash trades but they NEED one piece of stability.  They could not let him walk.

You're a Mets fan right?  Ugh.  But at least they have a few prospects in the pipeline and have produced some well rounded players like McNeil in the last decade.

The best ability is availability. 

I like Judge. He’s a great hitter (despite the Ks) and a very good outfielder with a very good arm. 

But he just turned 31 and I don’t understand paying an injury-prone player in the other side of 30 that kind of money for that any years. 

And yes … I know the Mets have, and continue to, make boneheaded deals. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The best ability is availability. 

I like Judge. He’s a great hitter (despite the Ks) and a very good outfielder with a very good arm. 

But he just turned 31 and I don’t understand paying an injury-prone player in the other side of 30 that kind of money for that any years. 

And yes … I know the Mets have, and continue to, make boneheaded deals. 

It’s all they have.  They had to pay him.  If another team had paid him the same, I’d agree it was a bad deal, but there was a lot of CYA in there for the Yanks.

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It’s all they have.  They had to pay him.  If another team had paid him the same, I’d agree it was a bad deal, but there was a lot of CYA in there for the Yanks.

I’m not a big fan of paying somebody primarily for optics/to appease the fan base. 

It’s exactly why I didn’t want the Mets to pay deGrom what Texas idiotically paid him. 

Age and injury-proneness were the major factors in how I felt about that, too. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I’m not a big fan of paying somebody primarily for optics/to appease the fan base. 

It’s exactly why I didn’t want the Mets to pay deGrom what Texas idiotically paid him. 

Age and injury-proneness were the major factors in how I felt about that, too. 

I understand but the Mets have Alonso as their signature veteran.  The Yankees are an atrocious mess.  If they lost Judge who was their main attraction/leader?  Stanton?  Gleyber Torres?  Donaldson?  Shirley.  Might as well be Horace Clark.

Judge should have left.  He’d be much better off.

Look at Baltimore’s team and pipeline.  Add Tampa’s.  Toronto and Boston should both be reasonably good the next few years. The Yankees only option is to spend big dollars on free agents because their prospect pool is very bad.  They have nothing to trade and very little to build upon.  They are going nowhere for years.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I understand but the Mets have Alonso as their signature veteran.  The Yankees are an atrocious mess.  If they lost Judge who was their main attraction/leader?  Stanton?  Gleyber Torres?  Donaldson?  Shirley.  Might as well be Horace Clark.

Judge should have left.  He’d be much better off.

Look at Baltimore’s team and pipeline.  Add Tampa’s.  Toronto and Boston should both be reasonably good the next few years. The Yankees only option is to spend big dollars on free agents because their prospect pool is very bad.  They have nothing to trade and very little to build upon.  They are going nowhere for years.

George is rolling over in his grave. 

On 7/29/2023 at 3:39 PM, Gugny said:

George is rolling over in his grave. 

Acuna has had mixed reviews as a prospect so we’ll see about him but at least the Mets she’d a lot of dollars.

Acuna was about as good as they could have hoped from Texas.  They weren’t getting Carter, that’s for sure.

About a year ago the Yanks gave up Medina, Waldichuck and Sears for Montas and Trivino.  I’m watching Medina today and he has a future.  Sears certainly does.  Waldichuck?  Not so sure. Meanwhile the Yankees got……OMG!  The league might have to reverse that trade it was so bad but I probably just don’t understand what I’m looking at because the Yankees are such a well run organization.

• Like (+1) 1

New low tonight with German not being able to go…..the Yankees digging a hole, then……bringing in German to throw five scoreless yet useless innings.  The post game topic is about the Yankees making a trade tomorrow to bring in help.  Who on Earth are they going to offer?  The overhyped Jasssssssson Dominguez???  Lol.  They can’t buy or sell because they are horrible.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.