Biden State of the Union Address on February 7th

B-Man

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I stand corrected on Rep Andy Biggs. He won the Publisher's Clearinghouse "you may have already won" thing. Appeared in commercials with Dick Clark and Ed McMahon. Ahh, Republican "thought leaders."

I don’t know much about the guy. Has anyone other than you called him a republican “thought leader”?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Ah, so the American dream is largely a myth?

I understand each word in the sentence, and the structure of the sentence as a whole.  I don’t understand the question in the context of what I wrote, and I usually follow you pretty easily, Red.  I’m guessing you’re enjoying the show and are a few fingers deep into the bourbon. 

4 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

These guys on here absolutely killing it with the old and sleepy jokes.   Fresh and cutting edge!  

I mean they were all in on a spry man a whole 3 and a half years younger.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I understand each word in the sentence, and the structure of the sentence as a whole.  I don’t understand the question in the context of what I wrote, and I usually follow you pretty easily, Red.  I’m guessing you’re enjoying the show and are a few fingers deep into the bourbon. 

No a few bottles deep in the Stella

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not a lie. Rick Scott - a Republican leader - has suggested changes that start chipping away at social security. I'm not saying that's a bad thing; it needs to be put on a sound actuarial footing. But it's no lie to say it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/02/us/politics/republicans-social-security-medicare.html

No, but it sure is fear mongering. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is a t shirt for idiots 😂 I mean everything.

Step away from the bong, sir.

Just now, Tenhigh said:

No, but it sure is fear mongering. 

True. 

I hate the fact that in America we still live by that old cliche that "social security is the third rail of American politcs; touch it and you die."

We do need to touch it, at least to shore it up at the margins. But there you have it: Rick Scott touched it, his party owns it.

• Like (+1) 1