Biden State of the Union Address on February 7th

B-Man

Just now, B-Man said:

Here's a thought.

Has he promised to pay off everyone's school loans yet.

or is he waiting for 2024 ?

Good question and I'd welcome either one.  My boys could use some relief when they finish school.  It's out of control and young adults start their careers at a disadvantage. 

...and cue the law and order grievance posts in 3, 2, 1....

Oh and stfu Marge. 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Police reform: I have family members who are cops, and I've worked with a lot of cops and other law enforcement in my career.

Do we have issues like this with State Troopers? Maybe I'm forgetting a notable incident, but in general, no we don't. Why not? They are extremely well trained and very professional in executing their duties. They are an elite police force. That's the model to follow. The infamous Memphis cops were all new to the job in the last few years and can't hold a candle to our State Troopers. And it shows.

Yes, reform the police. But also pay them better, make it a true career again (many cops cycle in and out of what can be a miserable job), and you'll find great recruits who understand that their job is a public service. That is something I will gladly pay a little extra in tax to get.

If you get a chance to play in a State police golf fundraiser, do it.  So fun and good guys.

• Like (+1) 1

Not original. . . . . . . . . . people have been telling the government this for years.

STEPHEN GREEN | FEB 07, 2023 10:02 PM EST

"Do something about gun violence."

Arrest criminals......... Charge them............ Convict them............. Lock them up until they're very old.

Wait... you mean something other than that?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

Good question and I'd welcome either one.  My boys could use some relief when they finish school.  It's out of control and young adults start their careers at a disadvantage. 

...and cue the law and order grievance posts in 3, 2, 1....

Oh and stfu Marge. 

Not all young adults start their career at a disadvantage though.  With few exceptions, in todays world, one really has to work to get to the point where they need relief.  That problem typically starts early in life, with unreasonable expectations as to cost and post-graduate income.   Guidance is critical, but sadly often lacking. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, I haven't won the lottery like Andy Biggs, so I guess he's smarter than me. Must have consulted an astrologer for lucky numbers or something.

Smarter just puts him in the top 79th percentile… I can see this is your escape to place of power. - watching now. Interesting psychosis happening here. Text book insecurity complex.  Night shift janitor that believe they should be ceo I’m guessing. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Not all young adults start their career at a disadvantage though.  With few exceptions, in todays world, one really has to work to get to the point where they need relief.  That problem typically starts early in life, with unreasonable expectations as to cost and post-graduate income.   Guidance is critical, but sadly often lacking. 

Ah, so the American dream is largely a myth?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Inflation rate 10-17%? People just make crap up.

We're running at about 6.5% year over year. Much lower month to month since the major increases -- which did cause it to tip over 10% for a short time -- happened last spring/summer.

Don’t struggle with math bud. The finance people will embarrass you

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Smarter just puts him in the top 79th percentile… I can see this is your escape to place of power. - watching now. Interesting psychosis happening here. Text book insecurity complex.  Night shift janitor that believe they should be ceo I’m guessing. 

Remedial writing courses are available right now at your local community college!

• Like (+1) 1