Biden State of the Union Address on February 7th

B-Man

Just now, B-Man said:

Reminder: Inflation is a tax on the middle class, and it's running somewhere between 10-17% depending on which formula you go by.

"My adminishashion is taking on junk fees."

STEPHEN GREEN | FEB 07, 2023 9:48 PM EST

He's going to sleep for 48 hours when he comes down from this trip.

Record profits and price gouging are too.  Cheers.   And keep those sleepy joe jokes coming, they are fresh!

Orlando, The right doesn't want to give you a raise!!!  Yeahhh

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Burger joints forcing non competes acts?? Are they completely divorced from reality??? 

I c/o a noncompete in my contract which was outlawed by the state.  answer:  Well, they never enforced it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"Pay your fair share," says the man whose IRS is going after waitresses who don't report enough tips.

Are they, looked at the actual release from the IRS that you posted your reaction tweets of, and it seemed more like they were trying to make the process more efficient/easy to use for reporting, or at least that seemed like the goal, didn't see anywhere in it about them cracking down on people not reporting tips.

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Biden Busted by Twitter for Lying About GOP Medicare Cuts, While He's Targeting Medicare Advantage

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/02/07/biden-busted-by-twitter-for-lying-about-gop-medicare-cuts-while-hes-targeting-medicare-advantage-n699684

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/31/biden-clawback-billions-medicare

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/cms-signals-that-medicare-advantage-payments-will-decline-in-2024/

So if Joe Biden wants to call out someone for targeting Medicare seniors, he may want to check a mirror.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not a lie. Rick Scott - a Republican leader - has suggested changes that start chipping away at social security. I'm not saying that's a bad thing; it needs to be put on a sound actuarial footing. But it's no lie to say it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/02/us/politics/republicans-social-security-medicare.html

The cult cannot accept any inconvenient facts 

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't think Andy Biggs understands what "coming down" means. They went up, they're coming down now. Such a difficult concept for a small mind, in Congress because (I am not making this up) he won the lottery.

He's The American dream sadly, for some. Gun dealing and the lottery.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

Police reform: I have family members who are cops, and I've worked with a lot of cops and other law enforcement in my career.

Do we have issues like this with State Troopers? Maybe I'm forgetting a notable incident, but in general, no we don't. Why not? They are extremely well trained and very professional in executing their duties. They are an elite police force. That's the model to follow. The infamous Memphis cops were all new to the job in the last few years and can't hold a candle to our State Troopers. And it shows.

Yes, reform the police. But also pay them better, make it a true career again (many cops cycle in and out of what can be a miserable job), and you'll find great recruits who understand that their job is a public service. That is something I will gladly pay a little extra in tax to get.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Any time you want to compare accomplishments - let’s go fool. 

Well, I haven't won the lottery like Andy Biggs, so I guess he's smarter than me. Must have consulted an astrologer for lucky numbers or something.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1