WFAN is losing their minds over Empire State Building having Eagles colors Sunday night

Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Orange Niagara Falls. 
why anyone in NY NFCE 
weird trend this wrong color junk

Yeah I wasn't a fan of orange Niagara Falls before our game. Like cool the comradery over the Damar Hamlin thing but are you not hearing the bengals fans bitching that we should have just forfeited like 10 days later?

7 hours ago, PaulieYayo said:

No, the ESB

Right, which is in NYS.  So would Philly light up their city for the Bills?  

Obviously not.  So why is NYC lighting theirs up for the Eagles.  Let Philly light up their own city.  ... probably shouldn't say that too loudly.  LOL  

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The NYC Dept of Sanitation had the best response (their colors are green and white too): 

I saw a better one. Girl is too large to upload

its from nyc_buildings

” how are we going to explain this to all the other buildings? They all look up to you”

9 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Right, which is in NYS.  So would Philly light up their city for the Bills?  

Obviously not.  So why is NYC lighting theirs up for the Eagles.  Let Philly light up their own city.  ... probably shouldn't say that too loudly.  LOL  

No, you misunderstood what I said. My question was, would the ESB light up for a Bills championship? If they did it for the stupid Eagles, they better do if for the Bills if we were finally blessed to win a SB 

19 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been listening to WFAN today and the biggest topic of conversation is that last night after the Eagles won the NFC, they lit the Empire State Building in Eagles colors.  Hosts & callers are complaining about a Philadelphia team being celebrated in NYC.  

Best caller was the guy who said he'll never step foot in the Empire State Building again.  

What is difference between colors for a NJ team and a PA team?  Both are out of state teams.

1 hour ago, PaulieYayo said:

No, you misunderstood what I said. My question was, would the ESB light up for a Bills championship? If they did it for the stupid Eagles, they better do if for the Bills if we were finally blessed to win a SB 

I hear ya, I got it.  I bet they would if they're lighting it up for the Eagles.  

I was merely putting the shoe on the other foot from a cities perspective.  Why is NY/NYC putting up the colors for another city at all.   

The geographical proximity between NYC and Philly isn't much different that between Philly and Balt/DC, Pitt and Cleveland, Cinci and Indy, e.g.  I don't see any of those places putting up the colors of those teams.  It's just weird I thought.  

We're on the same sheet, just two different angles.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

It’s a proximity thing I’m sure. Since NYC doesn’t have an NFL franchise. Philly isn’t that far from NYC. 

Before Daboll went to the Giants an argument could have been made that NJ doesn't have an NFL team either. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Senth said:

Supporting the NFC East!

or just hating KC ?

They put up the Chiefs colors after the Chiefs won the AFC later that night, but hardly anybody was upset by that.  The whining was all about the Eagles on WFAN.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.