MY OPINION

Billever76

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

this is exactly what the computer would say.

every line of the post has been stated in other threads.  

Yup. Multiple boring times.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

In the playoffs the defense is no good because they coach scared and have too many checks, things get overloaded and players can’t simply react and make plays. 

In the playoffs they were very good the first game despite their massive amount of injuries.

In the playoffs they allowed the Bengals their average, again despite their massive amount of injuries, while the offense scored 10 points less than the Bengals defense usually allows.

Both sides of the line had a bad game. A very good season in extremely difficult circumstances and then a bad game.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

This doesn’t make sense, why aren’t you taking everything into account? What if the Bills had gone 8-9 this year, only got in because the division sucked, and somehow won games to reach the AFCC or even the Super Bowl? 8-9 would very clearly show issues, but according to what you’re saying, that shouldn’t matter 

Again, it was a 14-3 season.

3 hours ago, Billever76 said:

1 year in the playoffs its a fluke

2 years in the playoffs just bad luck

3 years (Houston we have a problem)

Without an oline and a wr2 opposite diggs we have seen our peak no matter how you slice it....playoffs separate the good from the great...we are good but could be great with a draft or two of focusing on the offense 

Sorry, dude, this is just not smart.

If this:

"1 year in the playoffs its a fluke

2 years in the playoffs just bad luck

3 years (Houston we have a problem)"

... were true, then Andy Reid would have been out of football more than a decade ago and if the Chiefs don't win the SB this year then they'd be getting rid of him because they have a problem, not having won an SB in three years.

Just not smart.

It's NEVER that easy in systems anywhere near as complicated as this one. It just isn't. And people who think it is are just not getting it. You have to look much more carefully at it than this. Context counts, and those who don't take it into account will be wrong much more often than they are right.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, Billever76 said:

You typed all that and failed to see the Bengals would have put up 40 points if they needed to.....sorry but I totally disagree with you....if we invested how we have offense I don't think any team in the league can stop us from scoring ...simply flip the assets we have invested in defense and give it to the offense and vice versa...we still would have a top 15 defense but the offense would more than likely be the unanimous #1 in the league

The defense is exposed when the competition gets tougher in the playoffs.......no team left has neglected their offenses esp ol and wr like the Bills have and its the reason we are out of the competition 

Totally agree with your take. It's easier to criticize after the fact. Nevertheles, your point is valid and spot on. The Bills have failed to adequately solidify the offensive line. A critical error which has been a major reason why the Bills can't get over the hump. It's football 101 to have a strong Oline. Look at the Chiefs for a prime example. Reid built up that line very quickly. Mahomes lost Hill and has average Joe WRs. He's still elite and productive because of his Oline. They advance to the Championship game with a much worse defense than the Bills. The primary difference is their Oline and pass rush. 

The Bills have whiffed on Ford and Stafford was a poor pick up. Not to mention the neglect of drafting available Olinemen. Brown is an unknown and a work in progress. Mostly he's a liability and not reliable. 

The draft picks on the Dline have been flat out bad. Big misses on premium draft picks. Eventually, a team's failure to draft adequately and strengthen its weaknesses leads to negative consequences. Those are magnified in the playoffs vs elite teams. Make no mistake about it that's exactly what we saw on Sunday vs the Bengals.

Fast forward to now and the Bills are handcuffed by the cap. Beane is fantastic at getting creative and manipulating the cap. However, he can only do so much. He pretty much admitted it in his presser. Beane gave fans a lot of excuses which some had validity. He pounded the table on how the current players will improve their play. I'm not convinced they will. I'm convinced the Bills will suffer injuries next year. That's just the nature of the business. Will the excuses begin again? 

Imho, the Beane, McD, Fraizer, and Dorsey combination is losing its steam. Losing its mojo sort of speak. Very clear with its playoff failures. Seems like they can build a winning culture and excell in the regular season. However, they have failed for 6 years straight to get over the hump. The last 2 years has absolutely been disappointing. This team hasn't even competed in a AFC championship game. I don't see a likely path where this changes. Running it back with the status quo seems like a losing recipe. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Billever76 said:

I don't care about what you say to knock my opinion....maybe I analyze things differently from you...what's your opinion on why this team can't win in the playoffs?

Sounds to me you don't like my opinion so you quickly move to knock it....sorry but we all are entitled to our opinions on a message board I would hope 😆 

Are the Bills supposed to win? I've been a fan for 36 years (lot less time than a lot of fans).  It was by choice too, can you believe it! smh 🤣

I just root for them and that's that. It is what it is I say.  Anyways I have no opinion, carry on...

Go Bills!!

19 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I played with that for an hour asking it to write a bunch of code for me for a project at work.  Was really surprised at what it was able to accomplish.

scary

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm sure lots of folks here will just make fun here, but the OP has a point, to an extent.

If this team doesn't shift course and go HARD ON OFFENSE this off-season, we do have a problem.

the point has been in dozens of threads this week.  there's nothing fresh here.

15 hours ago, Chaos said:

image.thumb.png.fc1f3658122867e36021d6941fddfdbd.png

/thread

(begin another)

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Not as much as I think 17 points wasn't enough for a Josh Allen led offense.

The Bills defense gave up 0.9 points more than their season average that game.

The Bills offense scored 11.4 points less than their season average that game.

Which side of the ball under performed?   Take your time, I know it's a tough one and it involves math. 

I'm done with this ridiculous argument.  It's like talking into a dead phone.

You guys are acting like Mr. Magoo if you weren't asking yourself why are the Bills allowing this guy to complete these quick throws? We know the Jets have a formidable defense. We also know that they had a horrible offense with Zach Wilson at QB. So bad that they decided to play a washed up Joe Flacco and a ribless Mike White. Come on man!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

scary

the point has been in dozens of threads this week.  there's nothing fresh here.

/thread

(begin another)

Just showing you what the actual AI generated in response to your previous post. That had not been previously posted. 

20 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I played with that for an hour asking it to write a bunch of code for me for a project at work.  Was really surprised at what it was able to accomplish.

We are all going to be replaced. We are only a few years away from much more accurate medical diagnosis without needing physicians at all (tools plus AI).  Once you except that, you realize that you realize none of us will be as good as the machines at what we do. Only strategy to defend, invest in the right AI companies now. 

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think I made a worthwhile contribution. Go ahead and read my post. It's a little long though. Why is it a garbage thread? 

I got no problem with your post.  But at the same time I have no interest in a thread that relentlessly and unreasonably bashes the current team, owner, front office and every single coach.  All this has been discussed in a much more intelligent and competent manner in other threads.  You wanna rebuild this team from the ground up?  That is a garbage thread. 

On 1/28/2023 at 2:42 PM, Billever76 said:

I would have posted these thoughts on Sunday at 8pm but I was suspended for "CRUSADING" against coaches 😆...But crusade against players is open season here....fans hold our current staff almost Godly in Buffalo and credit them with turning the franchise around...I see it as they got lucky on Josh Allen and Allen is the biggest reason of why we are now a winning team...

If he fell into our laps, maybe. But Beane made some moves to be in a position to draft him. That’s not luck. 

21 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I got no problem with your post.  But at the same time I have no interest in a thread that relentlessly and unreasonably bashes the current team, owner, front office and every single coach.  All this has been discussed in a much more intelligent and competent manner in other threads.  You wanna rebuild this team from the ground up?  That is a garbage thread. 

What's garbage was what we saw from the Bills vs Cinci. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.