No trade Mock Drafts

RyanC883

18 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

You really think Patterson would fall to the 4th round?  I've seen some boards having him gone early second.  That would be amazing though.  Knowing this team, we'd pass and take a DE instead.

And curious why we'd take an edge rusher in the first round when we have Groot and Von.

To answer your second paragraph (edited), Aj, Boogie, Lawson and Basham don't have enough juice as pash rushers as we saw when Von went out. Groot is all we have. Von probably won't be back until October/November and just as we saw with White, we tend to not rush players back from Injuries and I believe this is his 2nd acl repair on the same knee. What will we get when he returns? Von is no spring chicken and I'd like to have someone to learn from Von for a year or two and be able to rotate with Von when he does return. It was also a value choice based upon the PFF rankings and position. In all reality, I would switch Rice and Carter as I think it would be a more accurate ranking. Rice in the first and Carter in the second rnd (probably goes top though). I don't see a G, TE, S or RB as 1st rnd value for us. We already have our starting Tackles (regardless of people's opinion) on the roster. We already have our starting RB, CB'S and QB. I think the sweet spot for a C or G is in the middle rounds. I could see a MLB instead of Edge in the 2nd, but this will depend on what the outcome is with Edmunds. 

Bottom line (IMO), WR 1st, Edge or LB 2nd, OL 3&4, depth/ future 5+.

PS. I would have taken Joe Tippmann at 139 if Patterson wasn't available. 😁

4 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

To answer your second paragraph (edited), Aj, Boogie, Lawson and Basham don't have enough juice as pash rushers as we saw when Von went out. Groot is all we have. Von probably won't be back until October/November and just as we saw with White, we tend to not rush players back from Injuries and I believe this is his 2nd acl repair on the same knee. What will we get when he returns? Von is no spring chicken and I'd like to have someone to learn from Von for a year or two and be able to rotate with Von when he does return. It was also a value choice based upon the PFF rankings and position. In all reality, I would switch Rice and Carter as I think it would be a more accurate ranking. Rice in the first and Carter in the second rnd (probably goes top though). I don't see a G, TE, S or RB as 1st rnd value for us. We already have our starting Tackles (regardless of people's opinion) on the roster. We already have our starting RB, CB'S and QB. I think the sweet spot for a C or G is in the middle rounds. I could see a MLB instead of Edge in the 2nd, but this will depend on what the outcome is with Edmunds. 

Bottom line (IMO), WR 1st, Edge or LB 2nd, OL 3&4, depth/ future 5+.

PS. I would have taken Joe Tippmann at 139 if Patterson wasn't available. 😁

Agree with basically everything there. I'm of the opinion that if we want one of the top WR prospects, it's almost certainly going to have to come from the 1st round pick.  I just don't see any of those bigger names still being there at the end of the 2nd.

Edited by Billz4ever

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Agree with basically everything there. I'm of the opinion that if we want one of the top WR prospects, it's almost certainly going to have to come from the 1st round pick.  I just don't see any of those bigger names still being there at the end of the 2nd.

Not really into the big name thing much, just think an Outside WR should be a top priority. Plus the cost of them in FA is getting out of hand😱. Even if we reach a little I'd rather it be for an outside wr over any other position. Josh and Diggs need some help.

20 hours ago, ngbills said:

PFF Mock:

Anton Harrison

T Oklahoma

(best available at position of need, rookie starter) 

Jalin Hyatt

WR Tennessee

(weapon with speed) 

Steve Avila

G TCU

(another potential OL starter)  

Olusegun Oluwatimi

C Michigan

(Another OL, Morse future replacement) 

Riley Moss

CB Iowa

(Need DB help, first year contributor) 

Deuce Vaughn

RB Kansas State

(Depth in RB room)

Cameron Latu

TE Alabama

(Solid TE2)

Jadon Haselwood

WR Arkansas

(Has size, practice squad)

Outstanding, but will Hyatt last until late round 2? 

12 minutes ago, Commish said:

Love Olusegun Oluwatimi from Michigan. Love saying the name, too.

He's an OK prospect.    Lotta' good C prospects in this draft.    He will always be remembered for the botched snap at the end of the Michigan v TCU semi-final game.  Brutal mistake in such a big moment.

1st:  O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida

2nd: Darnell Washington TE Georgia 

3rd: Israel Abanikanda RB Pitt

These three players would really improve the run game for the Bills....the most powerful Guard in the draft, a 6 foot 7 monster TE that is a strong run-blocker, and a RB that is a much faster version of Devin Singletary.

Edited by Special K

15 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Not really into the big name thing much, just think an Outside WR should be a top priority. Plus the cost of them in FA is getting out of hand😱. Even if we reach a little I'd rather it be for an outside wr over any other position. Josh and Diggs need some help.

I really think it needs to be one of the higher prospects.  I don't want to see any reaches.  There's never a guarantee that a draft pick develops into the player you need and what you want to do with him, but there's a greater likelihood that happens with a higher-level prospect and that they can immediately contribute.  With the playing time Shakir got this year, they clearly didn't feel that way.

Davis was a 4th round pick and they keep trying to claim he's our legit WR2 and I'm not seeing it.  Get a Rice, Flowers, Downs or Hyatt and get Diggs and Josh some immediate help.

Edited by Billz4ever

32 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Outstanding, but will Hyatt last until late round 2? 

Doubtful.  If we want one of the better WR prospects, it's going to have to be in the first round.  I think there's still plenty of quality OL to be had in the 2nd and 3rd and even the 4th.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

1st:  O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida

2nd: Darnell Washington TE Georgia 

3rd: Israel Abanikanda RB Pitt

These three players would really improve the run game for the Bills....the most powerful Guard in the draft, a 6 foot 7 monster TE that is a strong run-blocker, and a RB that is a much faster version of Devin Singletary.

You just can't use a $20M-$30M chip.......which your first round pick is.........on a guard.

That's edge and island money. 

Gotta' get your guards and RB's and safeties with much less valuable chips.

Not only because it's hard to find premium positon players late..........but because when you throw a big chip at a James Cook type early you are much more likely to pass and miss on a great value like Isaiah Pacheco late.    Positions that are covered up(like guards) or almost entirely dependent on those around them(RB's) are tougher to project fairly.

I like Torrence.........intially I had Cyril Richardson vibes about him as an over-hyped prospect........but his tape is good if his medicals project well...........I think he's probably a tweener for where the Bills pick in rounds 1 and 2 though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

I may be in the minority but I’m valuing OL early and often in this draft. If the OL is solidified it helps everything else. Better running game, better use of the TE as they aren’t needed as much for blocking, gives Josh more time in the pocket, and reduces the need for Josh HAVING to run, etc.

Yes I want to add weapons for Josh, but IMO it’s long pass due to shore up the OL and give him extra protection. With the extra protection, he can become even more dangerous! It’s critical the Bills hit on their early picks.

I don't think you're in the minority but I think you have to grab at least a very good one in free agency just to make sure you get at least one. Another thing is I don't know if the value lines up in the late first round and that may be need to be used for an offensive weapon. Then in round two and beyond you can look for the best remaining center or guard prospects maybe someone who even projects to right tackle as well.

46 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I really think it needs to be one of the higher prospects.  I don't want to see any reaches.  There's never a guarantee that a draft pick develops into the player you need and what you want to do with him, but there's a greater likelihood that happens with a higher-level prospect and that they can immediately contribute.  With the playing time Shakir got this year, they clearly didn't feel that way.

Davis was a 4th round pick and they keep trying to claim he's our legit WR2 and I'm not seeing it.  Get a Rice, Flowers, Downs or Hyatt and get Diggs and Josh some immediate help.

What I meant by reach is top of 2nd rnd guys at our pick in the first. Like Rice or Boutte and I'd like the 5th year option on them over trying to trade back and risk it.

As to Flowers, Downs and Hyatt, I see them as slot guys🤔. Hyatt is the only one that might measure 6' and he has only had 1 year of production which might (imo), might cause hesitation as a 1st rnd pick. Awesome speed receivers though.

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

What I meant by reach is top of 2nd rnd guys at our pick in the first. Like Rice or Boutte and I'd like the 5th year option on them over trying to trade back and risk it.

As to Flowers, Downs and Hyatt, I see them as slot guys🤔. Hyatt is the only one that might measure 6' and he has only had 1 year of production which might (imo), might cause hesitation as a 1st rnd pick. Awesome speed receivers though.

Yes, Flowers, Downs and Hyatt slot guys, which begs the question...if RIce and Boutte are gone by the time we're up, but one of those guys are still on the board, do we pull the trigger, or go OL in the 1st round and wait on WR?

3 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Yes, Flowers, Downs and Hyatt slot guys, which begs the question...if RIce and Boutte are gone by the time we're up, but one of those guys are still on the board, do we pull the trigger, or go OL in the 1st round and wait on WR?

Hmmm. Tough question.  If it was me and based upon current roster, I would not pull the trigger. As for OL, I think rnd 1 should be for LT'S or generational talents (i.e. Quinton Nelson). But if you forced me to take a slot wr or an OL at our current 1st, I would go OL. I would seriously and actively be looking to trade back though.

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Hmmm. Tough question.  If it was me and based upon current roster, I would not pull the trigger. As for OL, I think rnd 1 should be for LT'S or generational talents (i.e. Quinton Nelson). But if you forced me to take a slot wr or an OL at our current 1st, I would go OL. I would seriously and actively be looking to trade back though.

I was thinking the same as far as trading back.  If we could get another 3rd or 4th rounder by trading back into the 2nd if Rice or Boutte are gone, that might be the better play for us.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

100% BPA, aside from QB. Every round.

Normally I agree with that, but when you know where your glaring needs are like we do, that doesn't necessarily make sense anymore.

If Beane plans on paying Edmunds, and say Trenton Simpson is the best player available on the board, it makes no sense for us to take him.  LB is not a need.

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Normally I agree with that, but when you know where your glaring needs are like we do, that doesn't necessarily make sense anymore.

If Beane plans on paying Edmunds, and say Trenton Simpson is the best player available on the board, it makes no sense for us to take him.  LB is not a need.

Fair. But it will never be clear cut, per se. Easy to move away from one position toward another when time to pick. Typically never consensus on BPA, anyway, among everyone here and even experts.

5 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

But, who’s gonna replace Josh when we cut him?

I thought we were trading for Aaron Rodgers?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.