Shady and Poyer talking about Hyde possibly returning this week

extrahammer

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

And of course they adjusted his salary to give him a raise.

Yeah they guaranteed him an extra $26M to get him to report to the Bills..........then McBeane had to give him $2M to keep his mouth shut and be a good soldier in summer of 2017.     Be nice to have that cap space back about now.   Even just the $2M McBeane wasted.   The Eagles had already given him a good contract that wasn't set to expire until 2017.    Bills had him under contract for 3 years when they acquired him.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2023 at 11:32 AM, MJS said:

He was a good teammate and never did anything but play hard every time he stepped on the field.

I expected him to come here and be a distraction, but he just wasn't.

He’s kinda a scumbag, let’s be honest. Tons of bad stuff out there about him. Really good player but I really don’t respect his opinion. JMO though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Poyer kept saying how their games are often down to last possession.  Will be the theme until they get the runner that can control the clock.  Hope they scrapped the idea of Cook on that last drive 1st and 2nd down.   Singletary had a strong run on 3rd down, granted.  Still they need that guy that when everybody knows he's getting it can still churn out 1st downs, and it cant be the qb.  Til then.  Sugar high Josh, turnover machine,  or whatever anyone wants to call him is the reason they only have 3 losses and have sustained over 5 yards per carry throughout.  

8 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Poyer kept saying how their games are often down to last possession.  Will be the theme until they get the runner that can control the clock.  Hope they scrapped the idea of Cook on that last drive 1st and 2nd down.   Singletary had a strong run on 3rd down, granted.  Still they need that guy that when everybody knows he's getting it can still churn out 1st downs, and it cant be the qb.  Til then.  Sugar high Josh, turnover machine,  or whatever anyone wants to call him is the reason they only have 3 losses and have sustained over 5 yards per carry throughout.  

That guy doesn't exist.

When an NFL defense wants to stop the run and knows it is coming there isn't much any RB can do about it.

How many times people gotta' see Derrick Henry fizzle out late in the season to understand that even the most talented RB of his generation can't consistently change games once the playoffs arrive?  

Too many RB lovers still living in the 20th century.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That guy doesn't exist.

When an NFL defense wants to stop the run and knows it is coming there isn't much any RB can do about it.

How many times people gotta' see Derrick Henry fizzle out late in the season to understand that even the most talented RB of his generation can't consistently change games once the playoffs arrive.

if that's the way you see it.  Henry carry's them just like Allen carrys us.  Its about balance, wearing teams down. 

16 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

if that's the way you see it.  Henry carry's them just like Allen carrys us.  Its about balance, wearing teams down. 

No, it's clearly not about balance.

It's just about outscoring the opponent............and that's done primarily thru the passing game.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point is Henry isn't "carrying" them anywhere.

Not sure how you could argue against the Tennessee offense went through Derrick Henry.  The point is both the pass and run game goes through Josh Allen.  You just heard it straight from the locker room.  They expect the last possession to be decisive because that's how it's been against good teams.  Until you can wear teams down and run on them in the 4th quarter that's the way it's going to be.  

On 1/18/2023 at 6:05 PM, Steptide said:

I'm not sure why McDermott declared Hyde out last week and this week. I mean if he's practicing, unless he looks really bad, whats the hold up? 

He's been in no-contact red in practice.  If he were about to start playing in games, he'd be full practice.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:25 PM, I am the egg man said:

If Hyde plays beyond a cursory appearance this season I’ll banish myself from TBD.

If he doesn’t, will any of you do the same?

stop bro. You stressing me out. And I’m already taking sedatives. 

On 1/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, I am the egg man said:

Yeah, he showed up for work.

He pouted when he came here.

So what?  He’s not from Buffalo.  He’s born, raised, went to college and played professionally in Pennsylvania. Of course he didn’t want to go anywhere.    

Showing up to work is exactly all he needed to do.   He played hard, played hurt and produced over time.  He was a professional.  What you’re talking about doesn’t matter at all.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, purple haze said:

So what?  He’s not from Buffalo.  He’s born, raised, went to college and played professionally in Pennsylvania. Of course he didn’t want to go anywhere.    

Showing up to work is exactly all he needed to do.   He played hard, played hurt and produced over time.  He was a professional.  What you’re talking about doesn’t matter at all.  

Some fans have irrational perspectives on things. In the end, everything in the NFL will and has always been judged based on wins and losses. Poyer and Shady both have spoken and continue to speak highly of Buffalo every chance they get. Poyer has shown up this season and I'm hopeful we can keep him somehow, but if not, I wish him the best for the rest of his career. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2023 at 7:26 PM, pennstate10 said:

“That offseason he and his buddies assaulted some cops”

Thats not exactly true. 

More like he and some buddies protected themselves from some drunken off duty cops. 

DA chose not to press charges. Wonder why the DA chose not to protect Phillys finest?

Some people are better at being drunk than recognizing when some others are drunk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

That guy doesn't exist.

How many times people gotta' see Derrick Henry fizzle out late in the season to understand that even the most talented RB of his generation can't consistently change games once the playoffs arrive?  

Too many RB lovers still living in the 20th century.

For me badol I'm all about using run light boxes if they play Tampa 2 or cover 2. When create more stacked boxes use the pass. Not a rb lover just trying to use smarts or situation football in key certain areas how defense is attacking an offense. I'm all for passing type person.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

On 1/20/2023 at 10:37 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah they guaranteed him an extra $26M to get him to report to the Bills..........then McBeane had to give him $2M to keep his mouth shut and be a good soldier in summer of 2017.     Be nice to have that cap space back about now.   Even just the $2M McBeane wasted.   The Eagles had already given him a good contract that wasn't set to expire until 2017.    Bills had him under contract for 3 years when they acquired him.  

LOL!  What does cap space in 2017, much less $2M, have to do with anything today?  Or even then?  They made the playoffs in 2017 and $2M wouldn't have made a difference in that Jags playoff game.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

For me badol I'm all about using run light boxes if they play Tampa 2 or cover 2. When create more stacked boxes use the pass. Not a rb lover just trying to use smarts or situation football in key certain areas how defense is attacking an offense. I'm all for passing type person.

Teams aren't going to load the box to stop the run when you have an elite QB.   You want to run the ball for 4-5 yards per attempt instead of passing it for 8?   Have at it.  

But once you get to the playoffs and "want to" on defense increases dramatically...........those 6 and 7 man boxes start playing like 8 man boxes..........and your reliance on giving a star RB touches starts working against you.

See Drew Brees with Alvin Kamara...........they felt compelled to give Kamara touches in the postseason every year because that's what got them there.........and they ended up getting upset time and again in the playoffs.

7 career playoff games,  most of them at home,  354 yards and a 3.9 yards per carry average.........record of 3-4.

It's why you see teams with RB by committee,  hot hands or bargain pickups win SB's every year.

You are better off being capable and prepared to throw the ball 60 times per game in the playoffs and then have some low investment guys at RB who catch teams by surprise and give you some chunks so you don't have to.    The pass opens up the run in the modern NFL........and far moreso in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

LOL!  What does cap space in 2017, much less $2M, have to do with anything today?  Or even then?  They made the playoffs in 2017 and $2M wouldn't have made a difference in that Jags playoff game.

Like I said.........it would be nice to have that $26M or even just $2M (or Star Lotulelei's $40M+ etc..) back NOW.  

NOW..........as in when the team is among the least financially flexible in the NFL and a SB contender with a QB reaching the end of his rookie deal.

I guess what you don't get is that cap space rolls over............that's why it wasn't "no big deal" when Beane had a horrendous first 10 months of spending.......wasting that money on McCoy, inexplicably extending Eric Wood and eating $10M,  acquiring Kelvin Benjamin and his guaranteed 5th year option payment.........and culminating in his horrendous 2018 UFA period where he committed upwards of $100M in space to the likes of Lotulelei and Trent Murphy and a bunch of other unmentionables. 

Beane got much better........though there have been plenty of backups signed nonsensically for $6M-$7M.........but the team is still paying for that financial carelessness.

But I get if you don't understand how the cap works...........I think I saw you lost a bundle investing in crypto. So obviously real dollars don't make sense to you.  😉

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.