We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

15 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

22 hours ago in this thread you said, and I quote (because I have permission to feel free to do so):

“I think Josh is an awesome player and would never say he is overrated even tho his only trait that he has over Burrow is rushing (he can throw it a mile).”

The logic of that quote implies Allen’s arm and passing ability are equal to or below that of Burrow.

Idk how people compare qbs across rosters.  Burrow,mahomes, Allen, all great but they have such different supporting casts that how can someone even truly rank them as individuals  

Burrow has got the best receivers

mahomes has the best offensive line

joshs team is pretty well rounded outside of Spencer brown who is terrible lol 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Caesar said:

You think you are the genius of football and you truly are not.  This Bengals team has actually been to a Super Bowl.  This game is not our Super Bowl, your cockiness and pathetic language about the Bengals is what many over on our site referenced. 

I think you're letting being on an opposing team's forum get to you a little bit, amigo.

• Agree 2

Just now, NickelCity said:

I think you're letting being on an opposing team's forum get to you a little bit, amigo.

Seems a little fragile to me, but what do I know, I’m no genius. I’m just a Bills fan on a Bills message board. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, boyst said:

you don't know ball better than me... i am this arrogant because i know i know football. &  i am just disrespectful toward cinci trash. if you want to have a game of this i have some time. so i ask, where am i wrong? 

ask me after the game. i'll be sweet, and kind and tell you joe burrow saves children from orphanages and donates his paycheck to save humpback whales.

seriosuly... lets go a few rounds and debate where i am wrong. i could use some practice.

edit... your 10x double down on the dirty play of the bengals is bizzare and why i don't think you can be non bias. between the TE cheapshot and the henrickson roll... the bengals are like they were 15 years ago... dirty, gritty players.

I'm not sure you deserve a debate with such dick responses? I would love to talk ball but if you can't converse without some maturity I'll stop.

Here you go in response to your comments:

1.   "a corner blitz on a 3rd and long."
Feel free to blitz Burrow, the tiniest bit of research reveals Joe is pretty good vs the blitz, especially from the outside.

2.  " I am not going to go all out attack the drop back. I think that little bastard is like 5'6"
Burrow is 6-4, 7/8ths of an inch shorter than Allen.

3.  "they're gonna pin and pull on the run. They are gonna be close together as a default for pass pro. They want to leverage the pin and pull for their medicare backs."
- I've watched 20 games and have not once seen our oline intentionally set close together in pass pro.  In fact LC left a huge gap next to the LG, Adeniji has tried the same without any luck...  but there is no default bunching". I have heard every word of every interview with the OC and olin coach and they have never mentioned bunching in any way.
- We have not run a wide zone base offense since week 5.  We have transitioned to an inside gap base scheme. Of course like every offense we will pull, or "pin & pull" on certain plays.

4. I have no idea which player you are referring to?  Edmunds?  Regardless I would not have a comment on your guys, only to say that you are correct that Milano and the other LB will be covering the pass as we like to get 4-5 options in play.

7 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Not really, this guy has made several pathetic and immature comments. I get it and have ignored many slights that have come my way.  It is not my goal to troll or cause any issues on this site.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yes, the media is really all over Allen and the turnovers and endless discussions about Damar.

And McDermott has always been so pragmatic and structured when he talks.

To me, he comes off as dry.

But as long as the team responds to it.

I don’t listen to a ton of other press conferences, but I do listen to the Lions and I enjoy Dan Campbell and his entire staff. 

I don't think you should confuse McD's "media face" for how he handles the team behind closed doors.  He's intentionally bland in public.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Lol, no.  "he can throw it a mile" is referencing Allen, not Burrow.

Um... if you mean that Allen can throw the ball further than Burrow, then your statement "“I think Josh is an awesome player and would never say he is overrated even tho his only trait that he has over Burrow is rushing (he can throw it a mile)” does not make sense.

30 minutes ago, Caesar said:

If me answering comments directed at me hurts your feelings feel free to ignore or block me.  I have never disrespected the Bills team or any players.  There are some great posters on this site.   There are a couple ***** (boyst) and a few fragile ones, like you.    I do apologize if me talking football has hurt you in any way.

This is getting to be piled a bit deep here. 

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk how people compare qbs across rosters.  Burrow,mahomes, Allen, all great but they have such different supporting casts that how can someone even truly rank them as individuals  

Burrow has got the best receivers

mahomes has the best offensive line

joshs team is pretty well rounded outside of Spencer brown who is terrible lol 

Agree. And who cares? Aren’t they all pretty great? 

Better to rank QBs by levels. These guys are all in the top level. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Um... if you mean that Allen can throw the ball further than Burrow, then your statement "“I think Josh is an awesome player and would never say he is overrated even tho his only trait that he has over Burrow is rushing (he can throw it a mile)” does not make sense.

This is getting to be piled a bit deep here. 

Does it matter if you like the terrible way it was written now that you know what I meant?

I'm not sure what basic or advanced passing stats Allen surpasses Burrow this year and last? If there was one for maximum velocity, no doubt.

Josh is an excellent player, makes throws others cannot, and is a tremendous runner with the ball.  Different type of players.

Edited by Caesar

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I understand why you don't get it little fella, but it''s true.  I am only responding to comments directed at me.

You’re condescending and obnoxious. There are several fans of other teams that we consider part of this community because they don’t start ***** and then play victim. You’re blindingly biased toward the Bengals, which is fine—- but you post those biased opinions here and accuse Bills fans of being “fragile” (clearly a projection, which is why you can’t stop posting until you prove us all wrong) or not knowledgeable about football when they disagree so realistically, you’re just a troll.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

I understand why you don't get it little fella, but it''s true.  I am only responding to comments directed at me.

It's this kind of thing.  Whenever something is directed at you in the least little way, you one up on the personal attack.  "little fella"  "a few fragile ones like you" "if it hurts your feelings" blah blah, I'm not motivated to do the sort of research I used to but it's caught my eye because it's piling up.

We've always welcomed fans of other teams who as the guidelines say "come here in the spirit of good sportsmanship and with the intent to exchange good dialog with Bills fans". 

I can't fault your responses to boyst 'cuz pugnacity is his schtick and "find what you bring", but it's otherwise getting a bit deep in here for "just here to talk ball".  At least, when I walk into a room of strangers and want to establish my cred as someone who's here for the discussion the phrasing quoted above is not how I'd go on.

It seems more of an "I want to get in your face and bump chests and establish I'm the big dog" kind of behavior

JMO take it or leave it now back to talk ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Punch said:

You’re condescending and obnoxious. There are several fans of other teams that we consider part of this community because they don’t start ***** and then play victim. You’re blindingly biased toward the Bengals, which is fine—- but you post those biased opinions here and accuse Bills fans of being “fragile” (clearly a projection, which is why you can’t stop posting until you prove us all wrong) or not knowledgeable about football when they disagree so realistically, you’re just a troll.

You might want to look at your initial comments to me and stop playing the victim?  

I have posted replies to comments to me.  

And as to my bias?  I have mentioned repeatedly the issues the Bengals have and that the Bills should win this game.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's this kind of thing.  Whenever something is directed at you in the least little way, you one up on the personal attack.  "little fella"  "a few fragile ones like you" "if it hurts your feelings" blah blah, I'm not motivated to do the sort of research I used to but it's caught my eye because it's piling up.

We've always welcomed fans of other teams who as the guidelines say "come here in the spirit of good sportsmanship and with the intent to exchange good dialog with Bills fans". 

I can't fault your responses to boyst 'cuz pugnacity is his schtick and "find what you bring", but it's otherwise getting a bit deep in here for "just here to talk ball".  At least, when I walk into a room of strangers and want to establish my cred as someone who's here for the discussion the phrasing quoted above is not how I'd go on.

It seems more of an "I want to get in your face and bump chests and establish I'm the big dog" kind of behavior

JMO take it or leave it now back to talk ball.

This poster isnt as aggressive as boyst but he has mocked my comments and tells me to go away.  I probalby went too far but it is so unnecessarily childish.

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

You might want to look at your initial comments to me and stop playing the victim?  

I have posted replies to comments to me.  

And as to my bias?  I have mentioned repeatedly the issues the Bengals have and that the Bills should win this game.

I Give Up GIF

56 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

22 hours ago in this thread you said, and I quote (because I have permission to feel free to do so):

“I think Josh is an awesome player and would never say he is overrated even tho his only trait that he has over Burrow is rushing (he can throw it a mile).”

The logic of that quote implies Allen’s arm and passing ability are equal to or below that of Burrow.

I’m thinking Caesar is mistaking Josh for this other Wyoming QB. 

Napoleon Dynamite Rock Throw GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Does it matter if you like the terrible way it was written now that you know what I meant?

Well, no, but you might ack that people interpreted you as they did, because of how you wrote it, not "LOL" at them.  It's not a matter of my liking, after all, but of writing being how we convey ideas.  Like when I write confusingly (which happens more often than I'd like) and people misinterpret I'm like "I could have phrased it better, this is what I meant"

To put a little ball in here, I would agree they are both excellent, but very different QBs. 

You mentioned Allen fumbling.  I haven't updated it but about 3/4 of the way through the season I went through and binned every fumble into 3 categories:

1) QB center exchange

2) sack

3) while running

The finding was that very few of Allen's fumbles this season have been on runs (hope that continues, as he did have ball security issues as a runner earlier in his career).  The largest number were on the QB center exchange, with strip sacks #2.  The cause of the QB center exchange problems, were getting down to our 3rd string center in a couple of games, and also Morse (starter) trying to play through an elbow injury/come back a bit too soon.

Hope this is sort of the content you came for.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

This poster isnt as aggressive as boyst but he has mocked my comments and tells me to go away.  I probalby went too far but it is so unnecessarily childish.

Those of us that want you to go away feel that way because you’re being rude and obnoxious. If I’m “mocking” you it’s because your arrogance is off putting and unearned. 

You've created a self perpetuating cycle. You post something rude and obnoxious, a Bills fan responds negatively then you play the victim. Over and over.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, Caesar said:

So if you're here to talk ball, be the bigger guy, let it roll off your back and show what you're here for.  Otherwise you gotta see that posters like myself who are here to talk ball. look at your little jibs and put downs and understandably think you're here on an opposing fan board to start something vs. to share info. 

You mentioned that Burrow has a bunch of INTs off tipped balls.  Allen does also, of course.  Any feeling on how many of Burrow's 12 picks are off tips, and were they tipped at the line or in pass defense?  I would say usually tipped at the line for Allen, though the WC game featured a pick that was deflected off the receiver's chest/defenders arm.

This season, Allen went through a bunch of inexplicable, WTF? interceptions where Bills fans were "what are you DOING?"  He had some inexplicable throws in the dirt, for example, and one was picked off on the GB goal line by Jaire Alexander; Allen said he was trying to throw it away but I don't think most people believe that since, from the GB3 Allen could easily hurl it through the back of the EZ.

You probably heard some stuff that he tore his ulnar collateral ligament and was thought to need to miss 2-4 weeks; he played that week, but his play was off for a while, lower passing yards, lower completion %.  Weather played a role as well - cold rain; snow; bitter cold and wind - but Allen has shown before he can play in weather, so some think the UCL was bothering him and still might, though to a lesser extent.   Allen asserted that it didn't bother him during a game, but before the Miami game our OC Dorsey praised Allen for "getting to the point where he can do everything and make all the throws he needs to make" and it's really only the last couple games that the deep ball has re-appeared.  There was a stretch week 11-14 where I don't think Allen completed more than a handful of passes more than 20 yds.  Of course this coincided with some bad weather games as well so Who Knows? 

But the ol' Arm Cannon appears to be in good fettle right now.

Edited by Beck Water