We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Guy, you are actually the most condescending ass here.  We have some idiots on our board but you can’t help yourself with the derogatory remarks.

You said you wanted to talk football and asked me to respond even after your asshatery.  And I did.

Can we talk ball?

What would you like to discuss 

It was awesome today listening to Chris Trapasso contradict everything that Howard and Jeremy were saying all week about Allen being too aggressive.

After actually WATCHING THE ALL-22 he concluded that Allen largely made good decisions throwing deep and that the Bills should lean into it if teams want to do that.

Said there wasn’t a lot of open receivers short and because of the pressure Allen made plays.

Our media and HC McDermott are sickening quite frankly always talking about reining it in and playing safer. 

Beane, bypass McDermott and get Josh more skill talent and Line.

Dorsey has the right idea, not our bozo media. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Not really. You have to make the point that Cincinnati scored a touchdown and the Bills kicked a field goal at the 3. If the bills knew the game would be over in less than a minute because one of their players died on the field they would have went for it and probably had a pretty good chance to score a TD. Other than that silly argument. The bills got screwed worse than Cincinnati . The Bills were the #1 seed. If they win that game & Patriots game they have a bye last week. They lost a lot more

It’s crazy how much losing a chance at the 1 seed screwed the bills.  We’ve gotta go Miami -> cincy -> kc now to get to the superbowl rather than bye -> Jacksonville -> one of kc/cincy 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It was awesome today listening to Chris Trapasso contradict everything that Howard and Jeremy were saying all week about Allen being too aggressive.

After actually WATCHING THE ALL-22 he concluded that Allen largely made good decisions throwing deep and that the Bills should lean into it if teams want to do that.

Said there wasn’t a lot of open receivers short and because of the pressure Allen made plays.

Our media and HC McDermott are sickening quite frankly always talking about reining it in and playing safer. 

Beane, bypass McDermott and get Josh more skill talent and Line.

Dorsey has the right idea, not our bozo media. 

People just want to be right about their previous criticisms.  Allen has forced balls deep in the past but the Miami game was clearly not a good example of that at all.  

im really hoping cincy tries to man us up the same way as Miami  but I doubt they will. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I don’t like this matchup. That’s not 3rd stringer Skylar whatever on the other sideline, that’s a bonafide superstar. 

this bills team hasn’t played “good” in like a month

plus they have to be pretty pissed to be playing in Buffalo, let’s be honest Cincy would’ve won on MNF and should be playing this game at home

Yes Joe Burrow is a superstar QB.  But the Bills did beat another superstar QB in Patrick Mahomes.

The Bills may not have "played good" in your opinion over the last month but they won all those games.  To be fair you have to apply the same standard to the Bengals.  Are you saying that the Bengals played well in their last 4 games?  I think both teams were hit by injuries that impacted their performances over that stretch.

Whether the Bengals are pissed or not about where they're playing will have nothing to do with the outcome of this game. But the loud crowd on 3rd and 10 will impact the Bengal's offense.

The idea that anyone knows that "Cincy would've won on MNF" is ludicrous on its face.  And Bengal's fans would be the first to tell you this as they trailed Tampa Bay 17 - 0 late in the 2nd quarter and came back to win the game.  And if first quarter scores are predictive of final game outcomes then the Bills would have gone 16 - 0 as they led in the first quarter and first half of every one of their losses.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Dang, everyone on the ESPN Get UP set picked Burrow over Allen...and picked Cinci to win over the Bills on Sunday.  They even smashed our mini helmet.  Burrow and the Bengals are definitely the flavor this week for National media.

Makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yes Joe Burrow is a superstar QB.  But the Bills did beat another superstar QB in Patrick Mahomes.

The Bills may not have "played good" in your opinion over the last month but they won all those games.  To be fair you have to apply the same standard to the Bengals.  Are you saying that the Bengals played well in their last 4 games?  I think both teams were hit by injuries that impacted their performances over that stretch.

Whether the Bengals are pissed or not about where they're playing will have nothing to do with the outcome of this game. But the loud crowd on 3rd and 10 will impact the Bengal's offense.

The idea that anyone knows that "Cincy would've won on MNF" is ludicrous on its face.  And Bengal's fans would be the first to tell you this as they trailed Tampa Bay 17 - 0 late in the 2nd quarter and came back to win the game.  And if first quarter scores are predictive of final game outcomes then the Bills would have gone 16 - 0 as they led in the first quarter and first half of every one of their losses.

They also trailed the Chiefs 21-0 in the AFC Championship game and came back to win that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Guy, you are actually the most condescending ass here.  We have some idiots on our board but you can’t help yourself with the derogatory remarks.

You said you wanted to talk football and asked me to respond even after your asshatery.  And I did.

Can we talk ball?

I would like to talk ball...

My question watching the Bengals fairly regularly is why do they seem to disappear on offense in one half most games?  It's like they go from looking unstoppable to doing nothing or go from doing nothing to looking unstoppable.

Like in the Pats game...they led 22-0 and then had to hold on and get a what some would say questionable assist on the Stevenson fumble inside their own 10 yard line when it appeared forward progress was stopped...otherwise they were in danger of losing that game. Same last week after they scored to make it 17-10...

With the weapons they have on offense which might be the best in the NFL, it seems a little odd for that to happen so often. It's like for what they have offensively, you would think they would be better than they are. Not that they aren't really good, but for instance you would think they should be Chiefs level good.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How do Cincy fans view his weapons?  In the sense that Burrow will likely get the new wave of QB contract approaching/exceeding 50M per... It's hard to imagine he'll ever have more weapons than he does in Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, an invested in OL (injuries not withstanding) AND a top 10 caliber Defense.  

Is the consensus that Burrow will elevate those around him?.. because the weapons y'all have are as good as it gets this side of San Fran.

It's what we've gone through all year with a heavily invested in defense and halfway though the year we're out here wining and dining OBJ and signing Beasley & Brown because Allen is throwing to Diggs, unproven slot WR's and a guy who apparently only dominates in the Playoffs. 

It will be interesting, ownership is openly pushing a Mahomes type deal.  I could see $500M over 10 years with rolling guarantees that would keep us in really good shape the next 4 years.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I would like to talk ball...

My question watching the Bengals fairly regularly is why do they seem to disappear on offense in one half most games?  It's like they go from looking unstoppable to doing nothing or go from doing nothing to looking unstoppable. With the weapons they have on offense which might be the best in the NFL, it seems a little odd for that to happen so often. It's like for what they have offensively, you would think they would be better than they are. Not that they aren't really good, but for instance you would think they should be Chiefs level good.

That will be Zac, our HC gets so conservative with just a 7 point lead it is maddening.

You can bet we will never lose a comeback from 27-0 like the Chargers as we slow it way down too early.

We would love to have some romps like the Bills have had.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Makes no sense.

I agree.  I live in Cincinnati and know the Bengals probably better then most Bills fans.  They're my second favorite team.  And they can absolutely go into Buffalo and win the game this Sunday. The Bills & Bengals are 2 of the 3 top teams in the AFC with the other being the Chiefs.

But with all that being said the loss of 3 starting O-linemen for the Bengal's is a huge blow.  It will force Burrow into making quick throws that the Bills D should be all over.  It will also make running the ball much more difficult for the Bengals. And while Allen may again turn the ball over to much it would be unusual if he did it two games in a row.  The chances that Allen comes out on fire in front of the home crowd is very good IMO.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How do Cincy fans view his weapons?  In the sense that Burrow will likely get the new wave of QB contract approaching/exceeding 50M per... It's hard to imagine he'll ever have more weapons than he does in Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, an invested in OL (injuries not withstanding) AND a top 10 caliber Defense.  

Is the consensus that Burrow will elevate those around him?.. because the weapons y'all have are as good as it gets this side of San Fran.

It's what we've gone through all year with a heavily invested in defense and halfway though the year we're out here wining and dining OBJ and signing Beasley & Brown because Allen is throwing to Diggs, unproven slot WR's and a guy who apparently only dominates in the Playoffs. 

That brings up an interesting offshoot...does SF with Shanahan have the biggest advantage in the entire NFL?  It  appears they will be able to keep winning games and being really good without having to pay a QB franchise type money. It is the easiest system in the NFL for a QB to play in and look good in...they can seemingly keep plugging in mid-tier guys and get great success which will leave them with far more cap space for other pieces around the QB than other teams that have franchise guys that are not on rookie deals.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

because if the game was finished they would've won and would be hosting our Bills sunday. They have every right to be pissed. The league should've made it right by making this week a neutral venue as well or tried to fit the rest of that game in

there's no way a reasonable person would say this.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The problem with Skyline is that they make the stuff in a warehouse in Fairfield and then just heat it up in the restaurant. If you really want to get the stuff made correctly in small(ish) batches, go to a local place. The one I like is Camp Washington Chili. If you're driving through Cincinnati on I75, just get off at Hopple. It's right there. People also really like Blue Ash Chili, but I've never been there.

@CincyBillsFan @Caesar

Just watched a Camp Washington video on their web page and for **** sake I want to hop in my car and drive the six and half hours there now.

Listen, I love making it at home and I love cheese and I always think I am putting too much  cheese on it, sometimes based upon memory.

and you know what?  I am not even close to putting enough cheese on my five way...not even remotely close.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

What would you like to discuss 

You had brought up your ideas to beat the Bengals and I responded. Thought you may have more to add.

I am concerned about pressure vs our replacement oline.  But Miami had a beat up oline as well how was the pressure vs them?

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@CincyBillsFan @Caesar

Just watched a Camp Washington video on their web page and for **** sake I want to hop in my car and drive the six and half hours there now.

Listen, I love making it at home and I love cheese and I always think I am putting too much  cheese on it, sometimes based upon memory.

and you know what?  I am not even close to putting enough cheese on my five way...not even remotely close.

You know you have the right amount of cheese on a 5 way when you have to worry about it spilling all over the table when you stick your fork into it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Caesar said:

It will be interesting, ownership is openly pushing a Mahomes type deal.  I could see $500M over 10 years with rolling guarantees that would keep us in really good shape the next 4 years.

That will be Zac, our HC gets so conservative with just a 7 point lead it is maddening.

You can bet we will never lose a comeback from 27-0 like the Chargers as we slow it way down too early.

We would love to have some romps like the Bills have had.

The Bills may fall on the other side of the coin...they may play too aggressive with leads and allow teams to come back too often. Like against GB and Minnesota.  It's kinda like with the Bills now it seems no lead is safe. I mean we are up 17-0 on the Fins last week with a 3rd string rookie QB and all we had to do from that point is not turn it over and we likely cruise to a victory and yet there we are chucking the ball up 60 yards downfield like we are trying to beat them 55-0. Almost came back to bite us in the ass.

39 minutes ago, arcane said:

The rules don't consider what would have happened in the wiped out game, just that a game that was previously on the schedule no longer exists, and now there's a games played disparity. I agree that maximum fairness would involve replaying the game but there was no time to do so, and they want to minimize and avoid if all possible frilly things like coin flips.

Bengals shouldn't have thrown 5 picks or whatever against the steelers if they wanted to host this one. 

Or missed an XP.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

there's no way a reasonable person would say this.  

Bengals fans are already making excuses. If the Bills had to go to Cinny I would not be making lame excuses. They had a worse record that included some bad losses. That’s why they are on the road. Deal with it. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

The Bills may fall on the other side of the coin...they may play too aggressive with leads and allow teams to come back too often. Like against GB and Minnesota.  It's kinda like with the Bills now it seems no lead is safe. I mean we are up 17-0 on the Fins last week with a 3rd string rookie QB and all we had to do from that point is not turn it over and we likely cruise to a victory and yet there we are chucking the ball up 60 yards downfield like we are trying to beat them 55-0. Almost came back to bite us in the ass.

Wow, I think many of us would enjoy that problem, for a little while anyway.

We haven’t played very well in a month, other than the shortened MNF game we have not been dynamic.

We struggled running the ball before the injuries.  I’m concerned it will take a combination of hero play by Joe and mistakes by the Bills to win this game.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Many say that.  Would you believe in my trips I never made it to GoldStar?

I would like to rectify that one day.

You definitely should! Granted, this take is coming from like 25 years ago, so a lot could have changed by now, hahaha

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

You had brought up your ideas to beat the Bengals and I responded. Thought you may have more to add.

I am concerned about pressure vs our replacement oline.  But Miami had a beat up oline as well how was the pressure vs them?

Actually, the Bills utterly dominated their o-line. The Dolphins averaged a measly 3.3 yards per play (2.1 yards per rushing play; 3.86 yards per passing play) and gave up four sacks along with a large number of pressures.

When you factor out points resulting from advantageous turnover-based and special teams-based field position as well as the defensive TD, the Bills defense gave up 15 points. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Bengals fans are already making excuses. If the Bills had to go to Cinny I would not be making lame excuses. They had a worse record that included some bad losses. That’s why they are on the road. Deal with it. 

i certainly get being miffed by it, but that's just how it worked out.  i just don't get how anyone could see 2.5 drives, and just assume cincy would have won.  unless you've never watched a complete game of football, i don't know how anyone could claim to know the outcome.  i certainly wouldn't think the bills would have dominated the game if they started the same way.  there's a lot of football to play in 60 minutes.

• Like (+1) 2