Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

He gave them all back when asked. All good. 

Here’s the single most important piece of evidence in Hur’s report: In a recording made by the ghostwriter in February 2017 — a month after Biden left the vice-presidency — Biden says he had “just found all the classified stuff downstairs.” That, folks, is the needle-scratch moment. Up until last week, the party line has essentially been, “Hey, classified documents are strewn all around the White House, a bunch of boxes got moved around, transition is chaotic, documents end up in various places; big mistake, whoops, sorry.” Now we know that’s untrue.

Indeed, for the past year, the president and his mouthpieces have doggedly denied intentionality. Biden’s attorney declared in January 2023, as the scandal broke, that “documents were inadvertently misplaced.” Wrong. It wasn’t “inadvertent”: Biden possessed at least some of the papers knowingly and on purpose. White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre saidBiden did not know that classified documents were in his home or office and had no idea what they contained. False and false. Biden himself said he was “surprised to learn there were any government records that were taken there to that office” in Washington D.C. This is misdirection at best. Perhaps Biden was surprised that classified documents wound up at that specific location, but he sure as hell knew (and omitted) that he had classified documents elsewhere, at his home (“downstairs,” to be specific).

• Thank you (+1) 1

The excuse of why not to prosecute Joe Biden sounds eerily familiar to the excuse they gave about why not to prosecute Hillary Clinton…

If you recall, both were found to have committed many crimes, but the authorities didn’t “feel” a jury would convict…

Ummm, why don’t we let a jury decide, instead of deciding for them? Crazy concept, I know…

Meanwhile Trump is prosecuted at every turn…Now, he may or may not be guilty of the crimes he’s being charged with, but clearly, the authorities have no problem going after him, regardless, unlike the other politicians who have done similar things…

I remember late in W. Bush’s second term, there was serious contemplation on whether or not to impeach him, on the grounds of war crimes because of his torture program…Obviously, the government opted not to, because the Establishment wanted the next guy to continue that very same torture program…

So the optics clearly appear to be that the Establishment protects the Establishment…And if you don’t go along with the Deep State agenda, the entire “machine” will come for you…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, US Egg said:

Do as I say not as I do, because I’m a confused old man:

Except he wasn't President when he stole his classified documents. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

The excuse of why not to prosecute Joe Biden sounds eerily familiar to the excuse they gave about why not to prosecute Hillary Clinton…

I remember late in W. Bush’s second term, there was serious contemplation on whether or not to impeach him, on the grounds of war crimes because of his torture program…Obviously, the government opted not to, because the Establishment wanted the next guy to continue that very same torture program…

Any impeachment process using enhanced interrogation as a focus would have been squashed the second that Congressional Intel oversight Committees figured out that if was attempted, records of their complicity would have exposed.

They were briefed, though some denied it.

In fact, she, Nancy Pelosi, used the same excuse Biden did.

"It wasn't me. I didn't know. It was my staff."  

If they go ahead with the documents case against Trump, then the R's will impeach Biden.  Then we'll see if the Senate has the sack to convict him of an obvious crime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems pretty typical Biden behavior to me.

What Biden Did With Aides Connected to Classified Docs After Hur Report Release Is Raising Big Questions

By Nick Arama 

d78354fe-aae7-416b-b344-cc3e0101c8cf-105

One of the things that has been most shameful about Joe Biden's classified documents scandal was how he said he didn't have any idea how the docs got all over his house and in his offices. He has tried to blame his staff, including during his interview with Special Counsel Robert Hur's team. 

That's just ridiculous as an excuse -- the documents were all over his house and his offices, even his garage. Not to mention that he had material from when he was in the Senate. So this has been going on for decades. Plus, he had notes with some of the classified documents, and he told his ghostwriter about the classified documents in 2017.

The common element there is Joe Biden. Not some staffer. But it's typical Joe Biden who never wants to take responsibility for anything he does wrong and there were all kinds of problems with his actions here.

It turns out that within 24 hours of the release of Special Counsel Robert Hur's report, Joe Biden promoted two of the aides whose names came up in regard to the classified documents. What a coincidence. 

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/03/16/biden-promotes-aides-connected-to-movement-of-classified-docs-n2171476

I’m assuming that the people who still think Biden committed a crime with his possession of documents also agree that Trump committed way worse crimes in his documents case. 

I mean, given the facts of the cases, to believe that Biden committed crimes but Trump didn’t would require being completely divorced from reality…

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m assuming that the people who still think Biden committed a crime with his possession of documents also agree that Trump committed way worse crimes in his documents case. 

I mean, given the facts of the cases, to believe that Biden committed crimes but Trump didn’t would require being completely divorced from reality…

I want consistency

11 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I want consistency

Well, you’ve got it. 

Elected officials who take things that don’t belong to them but return them when asked don’t get prosecuted.

Elected officials who take things that don’t belong to them but refuse to return them when asked to return them get prosecuted.

Easy-peasy